Staples Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples (Livermore, CA).

Interview

I was hired by anoither company and the training manager was going to go work for Staples. They were looking for store manager. After not liking the company I was working for, I contacted that store manager. I had a basic over the phone interview with a recruiter and District manager. After that I met in person with other candidate's waiting at their regional office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us in this industry?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter over the phone for 45 min. I then had a two hour face to face interview with the DM. I was told the next step would be an interview with a regional manager but instead I got a phone call from an HR manager. I guess that one didn't go so well because I never heard back from them even after leaving several messages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I knew a district manager with the company and I had worked with his brother at another retailer. I expressed an interest in working with staples and was flexible with locations. I submitted a resume and an application on line for an open store. I had a phone interview after I had a face to face with the district manager. after the phone interview I had a interview with the regional vice president and regional human resources rep. I received a verbal offer within a few days and a written offer with in ten.

Interview Questions

• all questions revolved around normal retail environment questions and customer/associate situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

when salary was discussed they made an offer and I countered, they accepted my counter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

i was recruit by a recruiter and then the dm the process was very easy and then i didnt know what happen was a total mess i got the job and i start working it was great i worked for 5 years and then they transfer me

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in January 2010.

Interview

today it common that applications will have up to 4 interviews

Interview Questions

• Standard questions pertaining to a leadership position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Salisbury, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

Online application submitted. Phone call with interview, 1on 1 interview scheduled 3 days later. District manager in on that day and sat in on the interview. Skills test given. Permission for background check complete them drug test complete. Waiting on HR to return from vacation for update

Interview Questions

• What background do you have in management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process started with the recruiter, Sr.HR Manager, DM, then Sr. Hr. Manager and RVP. The process consisted of the basic interview questions, After each interview there was lag time before I heard back from someone at Staples. After Finally interviewing with the RVP, it took three weeks to get the job offer from the recruiter. She made a offer and it was not negotiable... Offer included stock options, which they are no longer doing and bonus poetential up to 20% of your salary and decent benefits. Associates are paid weekly which was not bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they made an offer. Take it or leave it.....

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples in December 2009.

Interview

I have nothing bad to say about this employer or the interview process. I have a very strong retail background and had a very good phone interview over the phone. After that I had an interview with the District HR manager and the District Manager. I thought this interview went incredibly well as that is what I was told by both managers. I was disappointed that I was not offered a position and would like to meet the person who got the job so I can shake their hand and tell them congratulations.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really out of the ordinary for this process. The most difficult part is trying to remember specifics about the situation in order to give them a complete answer.   Answer Question