Staples

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Team Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – I went in and spoke with the Operations Manager (a position that doesn't exist at many stores today due to company restructuring) at the store about any open positions. He set me up an interview the next week with the Sales manager. I was 16 at the time, and they had to get approval from the regional vice president to hire me. That took a few weeks and then I came in to do paperwork.

Interview Question – Entry level job, I wasn't really asked a lot of behavioral questions or scenarios. They were more trying to get to know me as a person. Asked what clubs and activities I was a part of, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, there is an experience rate and a no experience rate. I had no experience, so I got the no experience rate. It's the same way today, there is rarely a special hire who gets paid more than the set rates.

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Staples in August 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online at Staples.com. Call the and speak with store manager. Schedule an interview. Dress professionally. Hiring manager is looking to see if applicant is friendly and makes eye contact more than specific answers to questions. Managers are seeking highly qualified applicants who demonstrate the desire to learn and grow with the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Staples? Your response to this question shows management if you want to work at Staples just to have a temporary job or if you really want to grow with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just threw out an hourly rate and I accepted.

Interviewed at Staples

Interview Details – 2 interviews. Not very difficult. Confidence and sales/retail operations knowledge. Drink the vibe koolaid

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you overcame an objection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy. i filled out an application and was called back the very next day. the interview was a few minutes and i was hired on the spot. i did not have to wait for a call back. those personality tests are annoying that are part of the interview. i feel like they are useless because people write the answers they think the person will want to hear just to get the job.

Interview Question – all questions were straight up. nothing was difficult or meant to confuse you.   Answer Question

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!