Staples Team Supervisor Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Staples.

I went in and spoke with the Operations Manager (a position that doesn't exist at many stores today due to company restructuring) at the store about any open positions. He set me up an interview the next week with the Sales manager. I was 16 at the time, and they had to get approval from the regional vice president to hire me. That took a few weeks and then I came in to do paperwork.

Interview Questions
  • Entry level job, I wasn't really asked a lot of behavioral questions or scenarios. They were more trying to get to know me as a person. Asked what clubs and activities I was a part of, etc.   Answer Question
There wasn't much negotiation, there is an experience rate and a no experience rate. I had no experience, so I got the no experience rate. It's the same way today, there is rarely a special hire who gets paid more than the set rates.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Team Supervisor Interview

2 interviews. Not very difficult. Confidence and sales/retail operations knowledge. Drink the vibe koolaid

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you overcame an objection?   Answer Question
    not much negotiations

Team Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Staples.

The hiring process was easy. i filled out an application and was called back the very next day. the interview was a few minutes and i was hired on the spot. i did not have to wait for a call back. those personality tests are annoying that are part of the interview. i feel like they are useless because people write the answers they think the person will want to hear just to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were straight up. nothing was difficult or meant to confuse you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Staples in August 2010.

Apply online at Staples.com. Call the and speak with store manager. Schedule an interview. Dress professionally. Hiring manager is looking to see if applicant is friendly and makes eye contact more than specific answers to questions. Managers are seeking highly qualified applicants who demonstrate the desire to learn and grow with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Staples? Your response to this question shows management if you want to work at Staples just to have a temporary job or if you really want to grow with the company.   Answer Question
    They just threw out an hourly rate and I accepted.