Staples Team Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Opposite from the other review. I applied for a lesser position and was offered this. So I don't believe it's bait and switch. I think the positions fill quick, they contact you ASAP and try to find a place for you that is open. There is also an aptitude if you qualify they will want to place you hirer. If you don't you may place lower. Common sense right.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Team Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Manager was unsure and not confident in who he was hiring. He wasnt too sure of anything really. He basically expected me to come in and beg for the position at the lease amount of pay expected.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would make it to work even if I was sick because I was not allowed to miss a day, not even one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No pay increase even though it was a change in position. From Copy Center Supervisor (Supervising 4 people) to Team Supervisor (Supervising 20 people).

Team Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I went in and spoke with the Operations Manager (a position that doesn't exist at many stores today due to company restructuring) at the store about any open positions. He set me up an interview the next week with the Sales manager. I was 16 at the time, and they had to get approval from the regional vice president to hire me. That took a few weeks and then I came in to do paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Entry level job, I wasn't really asked a lot of behavioral questions or scenarios. They were more trying to get to know me as a person. Asked what clubs and activities I was a part of, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, there is an experience rate and a no experience rate. I had no experience, so I got the no experience rate. It's the same way today, there is rarely a special hire who gets paid more than the set rates.

Team Supervisor Interview

Interview

2 interviews. Not very difficult. Confidence and sales/retail operations knowledge. Drink the vibe koolaid

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you overcame an objection?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much negotiations

Team Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. i filled out an application and was called back the very next day. the interview was a few minutes and i was hired on the spot. i did not have to wait for a call back. those personality tests are annoying that are part of the interview. i feel like they are useless because people write the answers they think the person will want to hear just to get the job.

Interview Questions

• all questions were straight up. nothing was difficult or meant to confuse you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Oceanside, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the GM and DM. Took a Week process. We spoke for more then 30min. After that he said I would have to have a second interview with his boss, and we will move on from there.

Interview Questions

• what are some skills you can bring to this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Akron, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

Apply online at Staples.com. Call the and speak with store manager. Schedule an interview. Dress professionally. Hiring manager is looking to see if applicant is friendly and makes eye contact more than specific answers to questions. Managers are seeking highly qualified applicants who demonstrate the desire to learn and grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Staples? Your response to this question shows management if you want to work at Staples just to have a temporary job or if you really want to grow with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just threw out an hourly rate and I accepted.