Staples

Relevance Date Difficulty

Wireless Consultant Interview

Wireless Consultant
Silver Spring, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Staples in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had to first apply online. At the first interview, I spoke with one of the Assistant Managers, who told me I would probably deserve to get paid moer for the amount of work I would be doing. He also proposed a scenario in which I tried to sell a computer to a woman in her dvanced years. At the second interview, I spoke with the General Manager who told me what would be expected of me as part of the sales team. He was the one who hired me, and brought me on a few weeks later.

Interview Question – "I'm an older woman who is looking for a computer. What would you do to try and help me find what I need?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Considering I did not have retail experience at the time, I do not think I would have had enough leverage to up my starting salary. But if someone who had lots of sales experience applied, and they needed to fill the position, they might have had a better chance of upping the theirs.

Wireless Consultant Interview

Wireless Consultant
Van Nuys, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Staples in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Wednesday night. I was called for an interview the following day and had my first 1:1 interview with the store's customer service lead. We had a brief interview with the basic behavioral interview questions. We set up an interview with the store manager for Monday.

The GM interview was very numbers oriented. I explained my sales process and how things worked at my previous job. Real easygoing, but CLEAR expectations were presented. GM submitted info for background check. Two days later I went in, he formally offered the position and filled out new hire paperwork.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I expected salary-wise. I threw out the median rate of what others in my field made and what was offered was accepted.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!