Star Furniture (Texas)

Very Easy Interview

Austin Sales Consultant Interview

Austin Sales Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas) in October 2013.

Interview Details – Several interviews, they start with the sales manager and proceed to the store manager and finally the regional manager.

Interview Question – It's an easy interview, they are in severe need of people. If you look decent and can fill out the application, you should be able to get hired. If you are a decent applicant, they spend most of the time trying to talk you into the job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There were so many sales people sitting up at the front and around the store. They seemed bored. After the interview I talked with a couple of the sales people and they were not professional.

Furniture Sales

I applied online and interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas).

Interview Details – Group interview - not difficult or experience required because they have huge turnover.

Interview Question – Easy interview--no surprise questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas) in January 2011.

Interview Details – after initial set up of interview..you will go through the personal director and than be passed onto anyone in the main office who will speak to you.. may be director of operations.. the president of the company.. just depends on who is there to speak with you.

Interview Question – How much money do you think you can earn here? and how many hours do you have in the week to dedicate to your employment to make that happen?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. they set your hourly wage for the first 2 months of training.. than from there you were expected to make your way via commissions and a monthly draw.

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas) in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Sales Manager, General Manager and District Manager separately. All asked about the same questions, pretty easy interview.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. position is commissioned-based.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas).

Interview Details – The usual talk about how much money you would make

Interview Question – How much money would you like to make   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas) in October 2009.

Interview Details – Initially I spoke with the store manager over the phone. This was to see if an interview was necessary. This phone call took about 3-4 minutes. Then, I met with the store manager in person. This 1:1 interview lasted about 15 minutes. Finally, I went to another city to meet with the Regional Manager, who basically read my application/resume as I sat in front of him for the first time, and then talked to me for about 5 minutes. Overall the interview process spanned over almost three weeks.

Interview Questions

• If education and/or finances were not an issue, what would you do with your life? - Regional Mgr   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in ten years? - Regional Mgr   View Answer

Salesperson Interview

Salesperson

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Star Furniture (Texas) in April 2009.

Interview Details – First I went to a cattle-call sort of informative meeting that they hold on a regular basis. They were extremely pleasant and I had a brief one on one meet with a sales manager. I left my resume with them and received a call from their HR department a few days later. I was scheduled for an interview the following week. Standard interview, lots of talk about customer service and followup on sales. Got sent from that interview to an interview with the general sales manager. Two days later they called and offered me the position.

Interview Question – Name an experience where you had to overcome a sales objection by a potential customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity.

Worked for Star Furniture (Texas)? Contribute to the Community!