Star India Pvt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Star India Pvt in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got an offer from them. It was an unexpected one, but very pleasant. There were two rounds of interactions with a very senior person in the team in which I was basically asked about how I viewed the challenge. Accountability, I was told is a key attribute in the organisation. Overall a painless and good experience

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected. The focus of the company is on delivering results, not just ideas. And that came across in the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer they made was pretty good. In that sense the organisation is very fair, and doesn't try to undercut prospective employees at all. I did a bit of negotiation on the variable pay component, and they agreed to my request.

Senior Executive - Research Interview

Senior Executive - Research
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Star India Pvt in January 2012.

Interview Details – A fairly flexible and quick process without too many rounds
HR interviews are grueling and its best to be prepared for typical HR questions

Interview Question – Why does no other job fulfill your career goals the way this one does?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Must negotiate or you will feel cheated

Intern Interview

Intern
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Star India Pvt in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was at 5 pm in the evening. After getting through the security procedure, waited in the waiting area. Interview was conducted in an isolated room, which ensured silence & calmness during the whole process. The interview itself was very professional & was conducted in great detail. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Question – Do you know what types of Jobs are available in the IT Department?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Star India Pvt in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly through external outsourced recruitment agencies. But one can apply online on anmy of their websites, it goes to CRM & then does reach HR.

Interview Question – Do you watch TV? ;)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's 5 to 10% more than initial offer typically.

Ad Sales Executive Interview

Ad Sales Executive
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Star India Pvt in November 2012.

Interview Details – It was campus placement process which i will be talking about. The 3 crews of HR members were on our campus. They gave ppt and clearly mentioned that those who are looking for the job in which marketing would be the choice as career would progress then forget about it. They also don't give you your choice of location and simply tell you that you will be doing clearly and only the sales thats what they are looking for. The took the GD in which they gave topics like impact of digitization on cable industry in India to 10 members in each group. Then they selected 20 - 25 people from near about 80 people applied at our campus appx for PI. The final selection were only 4. The package was 7.5 lakh they were referring to with 70% fixed and rest variable.

Interview Question – Would you be ready for US if job requires?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President - Legal and Regulatory Interview

Vice President - Legal and Regulatory
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Star India Pvt in December 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is methodical and clinical, very efficient; initially a consultant shall get in touch if its a senior profile; the first few meets are held at a neutral venue (a 5 -7 STAR Hotel), first someone from HR and then the immediate superior followed up by the HR head and then the CEO at the very last. Questions are curt, precise and targeted aimed at gauging how your psyche and area of specialisation shall best gel with the business in general and function in particular.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Protracted, over three weeks, Got the Designation and Salary sorted, A word of advice - be reasoned and firm coz you will never get another chance. Do not forget you are dealing with one of the sharpest set of minds out there.

Worked for Star India Pvt? Contribute to the Community!