Star India Pvt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.7

Senior Executive -Ad Sales Interview

Interview

hiring and interview process was quite easy.4 rounds had conducted and senior management initiative was good.it wasn't too lengthy and tough.the process was related to job profile .overall quite a good experience.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

No interview promoted from Intern-so I worked basically for 7 months so they liked my work and promoted me from intern to associate producer. At last, I realised that I was underpaid.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (Mumbai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was at 5 pm in the evening. After getting through the security procedure, waited in the waiting area. Interview was conducted in an isolated room, which ensured silence & calmness during the whole process. The interview itself was very professional & was conducted in great detail. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what types of Jobs are available in the IT Department?   1 Answer

Ad Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (New Delhi (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was campus placement process which i will be talking about. The 3 crews of HR members were on our campus. They gave ppt and clearly mentioned that those who are looking for the job in which marketing would be the choice as career would progress then forget about it. They also don't give you your choice of location and simply tell you that you will be doing clearly and only the sales thats what they are looking for. The took the GD in which they gave topics like impact of digitization on cable industry in India to 10 members in each group. Then they selected 20 - 25 people from near about 80 people applied at our campus appx for PI. The final selection were only 4. The package was 7.5 lakh they were referring to with 70% fixed and rest variable.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ready for US if job requires?   1 Answer

Senior Executive - Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (Mumbai (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

A fairly flexible and quick process without too many rounds HR interviews are grueling and its best to be prepared for typical HR questions

Interview Questions

• Why does no other job fulfill your career goals the way this one does?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Must negotiate or you will feel cheated

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (Mumbai (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

I got an offer from them. It was an unexpected one, but very pleasant. There were two rounds of interactions with a very senior person in the team in which I was basically asked about how I viewed the challenge. Accountability, I was told is a key attribute in the organisation. Overall a painless and good experience

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected. The focus of the company is on delivering results, not just ideas. And that came across in the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer they made was pretty good. In that sense the organisation is very fair, and doesn't try to undercut prospective employees at all. I did a bit of negotiation on the variable pay component, and they agreed to my request.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Mostly through external outsourced recruitment agencies. But one can apply online on anmy of their websites, it goes to CRM & then does reach HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's 5 to 10% more than initial offer typically.

Vice President - Legal and Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Star India Pvt (Mumbai (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

Hiring process is methodical and clinical, very efficient; initially a consultant shall get in touch if its a senior profile; the first few meets are held at a neutral venue (a 5 -7 STAR Hotel), first someone from HR and then the immediate superior followed up by the HR head and then the CEO at the very last. Questions are curt, precise and targeted aimed at gauging how your psyche and area of specialisation shall best gel with the business in general and function in particular.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Protracted, over three weeks, Got the Designation and Salary sorted, A word of advice - be reasoned and firm coz you will never get another chance. Do not forget you are dealing with one of the sharpest set of minds out there.