StarTek Interview Questions

2.5

Customer Care Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at StarTek in March 2015.

They tested my skills on the computer, interviewed me, then completed paperwork for background check and drug test, all in one day. The test was similar to what I would do on the phone. The interview was one on one with a supervisor. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • If I disagreed with a directive from my supervisor, what would I do?   View Answer

Collections Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at StarTek.

Easy interview questions. Got the job offer as soon as I went in. Excepted the job but wish I hadn't. Job is super boring. Not a good place to work for the little money that is offered. I would have much rather worked in a factory then sit behind a computer for nine dollars an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What was the time that you had to fix a situation that someone else had created   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at StarTek.

easy day just be yourself and show off those customer service skills on your resume and 1:1 interview. The hiring and interview process is fast. They are basically hiring all year round and I suspect is because their so unprofessional management [supervisor].

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at StarTek in January 2015.

It is a group interview, which they do not mention. I personally find that unprofessional. Also, a group interview is kind of a slap in the face. They do not try to get to know you or how well you would fit in this position. They ask you to say your name and what dogs you have. And then you watch a presentation. That was literally the whole interview process.

Senior Treasury Analyst Interview

Applied online. Contacted by internal recruiter next business day to set up phone interview. Had 30 minute phone interview and filled out PI assessment. Contacted 2 days later for an in-person interview. Met with immediate manager and her boss (VP & Global Controller) as planned and was also asked to meet with CFO.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions about experience and what I could add to Startek.   Answer Question

Have not declined but there's no option for still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at StarTek in November 2014.

Went to job fair at Colorado Workforce Center. Took their simulation assessment, filled out their ridiculously long application, and then interviewed for about 30 minutes. Was told to come into their office the next day at 1:00. I arrived 5 minutes early, and waited 45 minutes to speak with some one. In the meantime, I was given a very silly quiz on MS Windows. They apparently had already decided not to hire me, and the interview was absolutely bizarre. I was told that they would let me know the following Wednesday, and as I figured, never heard from them. HUGE waste of time! Glad I didn't get an offer.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at StarTek in August 2014.

They are doing intensive hiring, with a 3 day job-fair at the Workforce Center and all-day cattle-calls on site. One of the reviews says that they are hiring people for a temporary job doing outbound calls about at-home schooling, and they are offering that job to anybody who walks in and qualifies on the usual simulation with the vacation package and the lady who doesn't quite qualify for the credit-increase to a buy a new tv. It seems logical that it might be temporary, from the start of the school year until the second semester starts, but perhaps they hope to do well and extend the contract. However, they called me a few days later, with a better job-offer, doing customer-care for health-insurance. This is a new client for them, and they hope it expands, in which case; there would be alot of opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions
    • They are trying to document to their client that you are worthy of hiring, so there were no tough questions. I just tried to make friends with the interviewer, display relentless positivism, and not say anything stupid.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at StarTek in April 2014.

I applied online, knowing that companies such as StarTek are revolving doors, although I utilized their advertisement on www.careerbuilder.com to start the process.

The application process is relatively easy compared to other call-centers which require a testing of some form, but I believe the application was different in previous years.

I received a phone call from a hiring personnel the next day of applying, and we had a brief conversation about coming in the following day for an interview and tour of the facilities. I was under the impression during the conversation I would be offered the job, as I am actually over qualified for the position.

I met with the interviewer and I was less than impressed with her appearance and her demeanor. She was wearing ill-fitting clothing (blazer was 2 sizes too small). When she shook my hands, she shook my hand extremely weak upon meeting... and then made me wait as she walked away to fetch something she forgot. Being prepared is a must have for HR personnel.

During the interview the only two questions I was asked was, "Was I currently working?" and "Did I have anything that might interfere with scheduling during the summer?" There was no other opportunity to speak of myself, my education, my interest in the company, my work experience, nor ask the list of questions I always come prepared with.

I responded appropriately to both answers and was left to wait in their waiting are for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I was told that the next person I needed to speak with was busy on a conference call and if I could come back in later that day it would be great, but they would call to let me know what time to come back in.

After saying our dismissing statements she shook my hand by only shaking my fingers in a manner that indicated either she felt intimidated by me OR did not want to touch me.

I waited patiently for the phone call, but heard nothing.

The next day I received an email saying they regretted to inform me but they had decided to withdraw their offer for the position. That was that, nothing else.

I was extremely displeased with how they do their hiring process, it was completely unprofessional and they lack proper business etiquette and manners.

Interview Questions
    • Are you currently working?   View Answer
    • Do you have any plans this summer that would interfere with scheduling?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at StarTek in March 2014.

good interview promoted community involvement and training

no negotations,

Supervisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at StarTek in July 2013.

Horrible - apply for one position, interview for something else, get a written offer for another, and show up for training for yet a fourth job