StarTek

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Jonesborough, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at StarTek in September 2010.

Interview Details – Online application, interview, if accepted then go through a brief onboarding. Onboarding can be beneficial if mentor is really interested in your success. Most are not, they are afraid you may take their job away from them.

Interview Question – How would you manage your P&L?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at StarTek in March 2014.

Interview Details – good interview promoted community involvement and training

Interview Question – situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotations,

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Mansfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at StarTek in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, knowing that companies such as StarTek are revolving doors, although I utilized their advertisement on www.careerbuilder.com to start the process.

The application process is relatively easy compared to other call-centers which require a testing of some form, but I believe the application was different in previous years.

I received a phone call from a hiring personnel the next day of applying, and we had a brief conversation about coming in the following day for an interview and tour of the facilities. I was under the impression during the conversation I would be offered the job, as I am actually over qualified for the position.

I met with the interviewer and I was less than impressed with her appearance and her demeanor. She was wearing ill-fitting clothing (blazer was 2 sizes too small). When she shook my hands, she shook my hand extremely weak upon meeting... and then made me wait as she walked away to fetch something she forgot. Being prepared is a must have for HR personnel.

During the interview the only two questions I was asked was, "Was I currently working?" and "Did I have anything that might interfere with scheduling during the summer?" There was no other opportunity to speak of myself, my education, my interest in the company, my work experience, nor ask the list of questions I always come prepared with.

I responded appropriately to both answers and was left to wait in their waiting are for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I was told that the next person I needed to speak with was busy on a conference call and if I could come back in later that day it would be great, but they would call to let me know what time to come back in.

After saying our dismissing statements she shook my hand by only shaking my fingers in a manner that indicated either she felt intimidated by me OR did not want to touch me.

I waited patiently for the phone call, but heard nothing.

The next day I received an email saying they regretted to inform me but they had decided to withdraw their offer for the position. That was that, nothing else.

I was extremely displeased with how they do their hiring process, it was completely unprofessional and they lack proper business etiquette and manners.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working?   View Answer
  • Do you have any plans this summer that would interfere with scheduling?   View Answer

Telecom Administrator Interview

Telecom Administrator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at StarTek in March 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by Insight Global about Position, 3 Days later had a Phone interview with Hiring Supervisor that went quite well. Face to Face interview 2 weeks later and was offer the position

Interview Question – The Hiring supervisor did not pose any difficult questions. Felt very comfortable with Him   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated with Insight Global prior to my interviews with Startek

Supervisor I Interview

Supervisor I
Lynchburg, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at StarTek in November 2009.

Interview Details – Applied from within the company and once the job was closed I received my first interview 2 weeks later. The first interview was a 1 on 1, followed by a panel interview a week later. After another week, I was called in to speak with the Site Director and the Operations Manager where they offered me the job, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Where do you see this company going in the future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Supervisor I Interview

Supervisor I
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at StarTek in July 2013.

Interview Details – Horrible - apply for one position, interview for something else, get a written offer for another, and show up for training for yet a fourth job

Interview Question – Describe your worst boss   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at StarTek in August 2012.

Interview Details – Asked how much you knew about t/s internet issues. He gave you a couple different scenarios. The interviewer writes what you say down, because they don't have a clue about how to t/s.

Interview Question – It was a pretty basic interview   Answer Question

Technical Support Agent Interview

Technical Support Agent
Greeley, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at StarTek in September 2012.

Interview Details – Company looks for at least 3 months of customer service experience. Candidate gets a first interview and a second one with an existing manager. New hires are trained in exactly what services they're supporting.

Interview Question – "Explain a time when you were unable to assist your customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A list of schedules was offered and new hire could choose from the available schedules.

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at StarTek in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview since the company HQ is in Denver, Colorado. The phone interview went pretty easy, I was asked if I had any experience in the Information Technology field, how well I thought I would adapt, what my "home office" consisted of (for work@home position), and how familiar I was with computers.

Interview Question – What are the specs on your computer?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Agent
Mansfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at StarTek in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, took online assessment. was called for group interview, took another online assessment at facility. was called back offered position to start training. went in, filled out paper work, went for drug test. then received letter confirmation with time and date to start and what schedule would be.

Negotiation Details – the only thing that I was offered was that I could have Sundays off. there was no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for StarTek? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StarTek interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by StarTek employees and interview candidates.