StarTek

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Mansfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at StarTek in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, knowing that companies such as StarTek are revolving doors, although I utilized their advertisement on www.careerbuilder.com to start the process.

The application process is relatively easy compared to other call-centers which require a testing of some form, but I believe the application was different in previous years.

I received a phone call from a hiring personnel the next day of applying, and we had a brief conversation about coming in the following day for an interview and tour of the facilities. I was under the impression during the conversation I would be offered the job, as I am actually over qualified for the position.

I met with the interviewer and I was less than impressed with her appearance and her demeanor. She was wearing ill-fitting clothing (blazer was 2 sizes too small). When she shook my hands, she shook my hand extremely weak upon meeting... and then made me wait as she walked away to fetch something she forgot. Being prepared is a must have for HR personnel.

During the interview the only two questions I was asked was, "Was I currently working?" and "Did I have anything that might interfere with scheduling during the summer?" There was no other opportunity to speak of myself, my education, my interest in the company, my work experience, nor ask the list of questions I always come prepared with.

I responded appropriately to both answers and was left to wait in their waiting are for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I was told that the next person I needed to speak with was busy on a conference call and if I could come back in later that day it would be great, but they would call to let me know what time to come back in.

After saying our dismissing statements she shook my hand by only shaking my fingers in a manner that indicated either she felt intimidated by me OR did not want to touch me.

I waited patiently for the phone call, but heard nothing.

The next day I received an email saying they regretted to inform me but they had decided to withdraw their offer for the position. That was that, nothing else.

I was extremely displeased with how they do their hiring process, it was completely unprofessional and they lack proper business etiquette and manners.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working?   View Answer
  • Do you have any plans this summer that would interfere with scheduling?   View Answer

Agent Interview

Agent
Mansfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at StarTek in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied online, took online assessment. was called for group interview, took another online assessment at facility. was called back offered position to start training. went in, filled out paper work, went for drug test. then received letter confirmation with time and date to start and what schedule would be.

Negotiation Details – the only thing that I was offered was that I could have Sundays off. there was no negotiation.

Worked for StarTek? Contribute to the Community!