Starbucks

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview but a group lent to competitive nature of group. The interviewer did not have much experience interviewing. The entire interview was quick and painless. I didn't get the job because I had no coffee shop experience. I

Interview Question – Most question centered around previous employment and how that could relate to in store situations. My experience didn't match well.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got contacted by phone 1 week later for an interview the next day. The interview took 20 minutes and took place in the store. I was offered a free drink. Easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you have failed. Describe the circumstances and the outcome"   Answer Question
  • "Describe a time when you were courteous to another coworker, were not given the same"   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was not called by the stores in my area for about 2 week after submitting my application online. Instead I walked in and met the manager and asked if they had any openings and gave her my name. She called me the next day to set up my interview. I had a similar second interview with another store manager at a nearby store.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to advise a co worker on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was already employed as a batista and was offered a chance to interview. The interview was with the store manager and assistant manager.

Interview Question – When have you had to resolve a difficult situation between coworkers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2014.

Interview Details – A teacher suggested my name, as he was a friend of the manager. Within a week, she wrote him, telling him that I should complete an online application. I submitted the application in late January of 2014. About mid-February I was contacted by the manager, requesting a one-on-one interview. She was very laid back and relaxed. Asked few personal questions, and focused more on informing of how my schedule would look, what the employee dress code and benefits were, etc.

Interview Question – If you were put in a situation in which a fellow employee weren't doing their work, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online, and received an email about 4 weeks later asking me to come to their "job fair" anytime between 10-2PM the next week. The job fair was at a local starbucks, and basically a bunch of candidates showed up and there were several store manager who were there interviewing candidates for positions. I interviewed with a store manager, and was told I would get a call within the next week telling me whether I got a second interview. Exactly one week later, I got a call for a second interview. I scheduled the interview for the next morning, where I spoke with a different store manager. It was a quick interview - only 10 minutes. He asked me to tell me about myself, why I want to work at starbucks, and confirmed my availabilities. He said that he already liked my experience and application based on my first interview, and the second interview was just to make sure that I would be a good fit for the store. I think he wanted to make sure I'll be available to work and can stay for a long time. At the end of the interview, he said "It looks like you're a good fit, so we'll run the background check, which takes anywhere from half an hour to one week, and then we can start your training".

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He said the starting pay rate is 8.00, and I said ok. I recommend negotiating upwards, and I should have done so myself.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Area Recruiter. In person interview with 2 District managers -both were in the room at the same time.
It lasted for about an hour.
Not too intense, regular interview with behavioral questions and specific examples.
They won't probe you for more information if they are looking for more-so be ready to read their expressions and respond accordingly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a job expectation-what happened, how did you overcome that, and what did it look like later when you met that expectation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation. Tried and was denied.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email a week later if I was still interested in applying for Starbucks and a few other details about the interview. I responded back to the email the same day. I got a call from the store manager manager Monday afternoon.

On interview day, I wore business casual. I got there 30 minutes early and informed someone that I was there. They offered me a drink but I didn't take it because I was sick. The store manager met me exactly on time. It was a nice and chill interview. She asked why did I want to work at Starbucks and how I would deal with a customer who was having a bad day and took it out on me. Those were the only two basic questions that I answered.

The rest of the interview was about my availability and availability during holidays. We briefly went over my resume. I asked a few questions. She said the latest she would let me know her decision was Monday.

Monday she let me know she wanted me to join the team.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never talked about negotiation yet.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interviewing.

Interview Question – Just to be very detailed when answering questions... Things that you have actually worked through.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2011.

Interview Details – They will ask you questions about previous experience in customer service, instances where you took control of a situation, what your specific skills are, etc.

Interview Question – How would you handle an upset customer   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!