Starbucks

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

I interviewed to be a barista in Tempe AZ. It was a group interview with 3-4 applicants at a time. They were also hiring for multiple stores. I dressed up for the interview but the other applicants that I was with dressed semi-casually. The interviewers were super nice and made you feel really comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the most difficult question. All the questions they asked were pretty basic and simple to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Applied online and got contacted by phone 1 week later for an interview the next day. The interview took 20 minutes and took place in the store. I was offered a free drink. Easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you have failed. Describe the circumstances and the outcome"   Answer Question
    • "Describe a time when you were courteous to another coworker, were not given the same"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

I was not called by the stores in my area for about 2 week after submitting my application online. Instead I walked in and met the manager and asked if they had any openings and gave her my name. She called me the next day to set up my interview. I had a similar second interview with another store manager at a nearby store.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to advise a co worker on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2014.

A teacher suggested my name, as he was a friend of the manager. Within a week, she wrote him, telling him that I should complete an online application. I submitted the application in late January of 2014. About mid-February I was contacted by the manager, requesting a one-on-one interview. She was very laid back and relaxed. Asked few personal questions, and focused more on informing of how my schedule would look, what the employee dress code and benefits were, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If you were put in a situation in which a fellow employee weren't doing their work, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

I submitted my application online, and received an email about 4 weeks later asking me to come to their "job fair" anytime between 10-2PM the next week. The job fair was at a local starbucks, and basically a bunch of candidates showed up and there were several store manager who were there interviewing candidates for positions. I interviewed with a store manager, and was told I would get a call within the next week telling me whether I got a second interview. Exactly one week later, I got a call for a second interview. I scheduled the interview for the next morning, where I spoke with a different store manager. It was a quick interview - only 10 minutes. He asked me to tell me about myself, why I want to work at starbucks, and confirmed my availabilities. He said that he already liked my experience and application based on my first interview, and the second interview was just to make sure that I would be a good fit for the store. I think he wanted to make sure I'll be available to work and can stay for a long time. At the end of the interview, he said "It looks like you're a good fit, so we'll run the background check, which takes anywhere from half an hour to one week, and then we can start your training".

Interview Questions
    He said the starting pay rate is 8.00, and I said ok. I recommend negotiating upwards, and I should have done so myself.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Phone interview with Area Recruiter. In person interview with 2 District managers -both were in the room at the same time.
    It lasted for about an hour.
    Not too intense, regular interview with behavioral questions and specific examples.
    They won't probe you for more information if they are looking for more-so be ready to read their expressions and respond accordingly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a job expectation-what happened, how did you overcome that, and what did it look like later when you met that expectation.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation. Tried and was denied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

I applied online and received an email a week later if I was still interested in applying for Starbucks and a few other details about the interview. I responded back to the email the same day. I got a call from the store manager manager Monday afternoon.

On interview day, I wore business casual. I got there 30 minutes early and informed someone that I was there. They offered me a drink but I didn't take it because I was sick. The store manager met me exactly on time. It was a nice and chill interview. She asked why did I want to work at Starbucks and how I would deal with a customer who was having a bad day and took it out on me. Those were the only two basic questions that I answered.

The rest of the interview was about my availability and availability during holidays. We briefly went over my resume. I asked a few questions. She said the latest she would let me know her decision was Monday.

Monday she let me know she wanted me to join the team.

Interview Questions
    Never talked about negotiation yet.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

The interview process was very relaxed and my interviewers made it very easy and comfortable. I was offered a beverage and then sat down to begin the interview. They started with the regular questions, mostly to gauge my integrity and moral values. The part that made me feel appreciated was that whenever I was asked a question about myself, they became genuinely interested in my personal background and getting to know me as a person and not just another employee. Overall they made me feel important even before I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is always one that asks about your weaknesses or an experience where you were in the wrong. When I was asked, I gave my most honest answer and was respected for it. I was not judged, but instead they confided in me their mistakes as well so we could share the humiliation as a group and not as two interviewers singling out a potential employee.   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

I was already employed as a batista and was offered a chance to interview. The interview was with the store manager and assistant manager.

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to resolve a difficult situation between coworkers.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

Very laid back interview. Offer you a free drink and tell you to relax while you wait for the fellow interviewers to arrive. I wasnt a fan of the group interview process but the up side was when the other interviewers were answering a question i had more time to think of an answer. Mostly situational questions abou past customer service experience. Ex. How do you form unique relationships with your co workers?

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you recieved unsolicited behavior from a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you failed to meet a customers expectations and what would you do differently?   Answer Question