Starbucks Interview Questions & Reviews in Atlanta, GA

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

I applied online, and three days later I was called in for an interview for the Lenox Mall location. My first interview was pretty easy. The manager made it seem like she was going to call me if I got hired. A few days later, she called me for a second interview at a different location. I had did more research about the company, and was a lot more prepared. I answered the questions to the best of my abilities. They told me that if I am choosen, I would hear from them by Saturday. When Saturday came, I grew impatient, and decided to call the manager for a follow-up. She told me she went with another candidate. I was devastated!

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Online Application then called, asked for store manager and he asked for my name. then asked about my prior experience and had a a discussion about that with me over the phone. Then asked me what does the last page of the application say, and then say We call you if we want you, when you call we write your name down to skip your application

Interview Questions
    • didn't get the job because i called to ask the status of application, the company didn't like that   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2014.

I applied online, which includes a thorough assessment that you take outlining your ability to understand Starbucks knowledge, budgeting, P&L's, etc. A recruiter called for a 40 min phone interview, after which she emailed me and asked that I meet with a District Manager to interview the following week. That lasted 1.5 hours, and went very well. I wouldn't say it was a difficult interview, but definitely an in-depth one. Be prepared to speak on your ability to invest in people and help them grow, your product, training, and language knowledge of Starbucks as a company, and specific examples of how you show leadership discernment and your ability to lead. Also, you should know how to make money and run a store all around, as this is a publicly traded company, very much focused on profit. After this interview, he asked if I'd be willing to have one more interview via phone with a second DM, so that they could both give their "thumbs up" back to the recruiter. That happened the next day, and was very much a repeat of the in-person interview with the other DM. She went more in-depth on numbers and what my prior experience had been managing. I have a history of Starbucks through licensed stores, so I was able to edify my experience and also my excitement to pursue something with a company store. Good luck to anyone going the same route.. it's one worthy of your efforts if you want to grow under solid leadership and make a good salary. I was also able to negotiate salary. It's all in your choice of verbiage and professionalism. If you are an asset to them, they'll want to invest in you.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were very much broken down into 3 direct ways to respond. Example: "Tell me about a time where your plans for a project did not happened as you'd planned. Describe the expected outcome, the actual outcome, and what your choice of response was."
      Keep your responses business, profit, and training based, and you should be golden!
        Answer Question
    yes, a little wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2010.

I submitted an application and a few days later I received a call to schedule an interview. I came into the interview, then was asked a series of questions including like: Have you any barista experience, Do you like coffee and why? etc. then I was offered a position contingent that my criminal history was clean for 8 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult/unexpected questions: Give an example of a time where you were stressed out at work/ if you saw someone stealing, what would you do/ etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Cumming, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

A friend of mine set up a meet up with the manager, and the next day I had the interview. I showed 15 minutes early, we shook hands and he told me to wait a little bit while he finished some things up, so I took a seat. Then he came over and sat down and started the interview process. He didn't ask any special questions, just a normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me 5 of your best and worst qualities or attributes.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2013.

I initially applied for the position online. I filled out all the needed information, attached a recent resume and submitted the application. The next day, I received a phone call from a Starbucks recruiter who asked me if I would be interested in conducting a phone interview with her. I said yes and scheduled the interview for the next evening.

The phone interview is about 15 minutes long and consists of behavioral questions. My advice is to make sure you do online research on behavioral interview questions beforehand and write out examples using the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). The more detailed your response, the better. After that interview, the recruiter called me back to let me know that they wanted to continue with the next step in the process - an interview with two District Managers from the area in which you applied.

It took a week for the interview with the District Managers to occur. The interview took place at the regional offices. When I got there, I was greeted by one of the District Managers that would be interviewing me. She asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee. (I highly recommend that you say 'yes' to this if you get asked :-) ). I said yes and sipped my coffee while waiting on them to prepare the interview.

The interview with the District Managers was the most laid back interview I had ever had. I could tell they had a conventional sheet with questions on it to ask and record my answers, but my interview was more of "Tell me about yourself and why you want a position at Starbucks". The interview was more of a conversation between myself and the District Managers.

After the interview (which was about 30-45 minutes), one of the DM's gave me his card and let me know that they would contact the recruiter with a decision. A few days later, I got a call back from my recruiter who said that I got good feedback from the interview and that they would like to continue with the next step of the process - the background check.

The background check was the most nerve racking part simply because it was supposed to only take 3-5 days, but mine took a week due to my high school not being open during the summer to verify graduating.I had to submit a copy of a W2 for a previous job(because it was out of business) and my high school diploma. I recommend that you have back ups of W2's / paycheck stubs / high school and/or college diplomas on hand to send off to them just in case of any hiccups.

After a week, my recruiter called me back and let me know I passed the background check and made me an offer! The offer is based on your region. I immediately accepted the offer and didn't negotiate because I felt it was fair in addition to all the other perks. Training is 4 weeks long and then after that you get assigned a store. I truly feel happy with the decision I made to join such a great company!

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time in which you had to set an important goal in the past and tell me about your success in reaching it.   Answer Question
    As far as I know, you can negotiate, but I did not because the offer was fair with the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2011.

Filled out an application online is the first step. They called me after two weeks and asked me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that would make you upset at work and how would you deal with it.   View Answer
    He offered $7.20. I should have asked for more but I didn't. That was my fault.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2011.

Starbucks will always have first and second interviews.

Interview Questions
    I was told I could negotiate, and was told repeatedly, my salary was being negotiated with the district manager and could be changed. This never happened.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2010.

Online Application accounts for 85% of the hiring process. If you obtain an interview, dress professionally: black or khaki slacks, white or black collared shirt or polo at least. Research Starbucks especially the coffee. Impress by being enthusiastic about wanting to work for Starbucks. The more availability you put on application the better your chances of getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty standard psych questions. Even with the question of "What is your biggest fault" always answer honestly, but add a positive spin to it. Example answer might be that you talk too much, but can use that as an added bonus that your customer service is excellent because of your social ability.   Answer Question
    Know the pay scale ahead of time. Ask baristas. Most pay starts at minimum wage, but you can get more if you have experience and simply ask for it.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

The planning of the interview was hectic because I was participating in a online job fair and I didnt know if I would ever talk to a hiring manager. Once I got through to somebody he asked a few questions and gave me a date and time for the interview. The interview was kinda lengthy and precise. He asked lots of questions specifically anout team playing and customer service of course. Overall good interview and I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Have I ever had to resolve an issue at my current job and how did I do it?   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!