Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and they called like a week later There was a little phone interview basically asking why I would want to work there.

I went to the interview I was 5mins late due to traffic, that obviously bothered them because they basically didn't show any interest in me when I showed up they weren't friendly and basically asked the question way to fast. The interview was like 10 mins not long at all. After the interview they called a week later Stating they moved on to a different allocate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had got a customer upset, how did you fix it and was she/he satisfied at the end ?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I've had one interview. The process was relaxed and easy going. The manager who interviewed me asked question from a booklet. They were scenario questions. You had to give them an example of a time you've went through that situation and how you handled it. The questions were pretty basic. Always smile of course but if you laugh with the interviewer it shows that your friendly. that's what starbucks is looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Met with a manager and then the district manager. Basic interview questions about skills and personality. The people I interviewed with were very nice and polite. Mostly they wanted to know about my personality and interests. They really look for people who are team players.

Interview Questions
    • Experience, personality, handling situations, willingness to learn, passion for coffee, etc.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Quick and easy. Asked basic interview questions. They offered me a drink before I started and asked me why I got it. Be friendly and amiable that is what they are looking for in a barista. Be calm and relaxed. Also ask if that particular store you are apply for is hiring at the moment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

There are two interviews required - one with store manager, one with assistant manager. They offer you a coffee, and you sit together at a table in the store lounge.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for a barista position. They simply tell you the highest hourly pay they will give you.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Entire interview was engaging and informative. The Hiring Manager spent most of the hour telling me about the company and about his staff (whom he loves and cares for dearly!). I didn't feel like there was any pressure to be anything but myself, and I believe that is why I was offered the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

The hiring process was pretty simple. I filed an online application, got a call about two weeks later about setting up interview with the general manager. After that interview I received a call about two days later then began working immediately.

Barista Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Starbucks.

Quick phone screen, then in-person interview. Was asked questions related to customer service and how I dealt in fast-paced environments. About 20 minutes. I was called 5 days later with job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time one of your customers had a bad experience and how you addressed the situation to make it better?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was overall a great experience. When you come to an interview they offer a free drink, which is a plus. After that I sat down with the store manager and talked. Then she called me back a few days later and asked when I could start training. It was pretty easy-going.

Interview Questions
    • Name an time where you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question