Starbucks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interview Details – Asked what drink I wanted

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Be confident and make sure you mention that you love to connect with customers and make them feel as if this starbucks is their home away from home. Talk up your love for fast paced work and your ability to keep busy when it's slow.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Barista Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called the following week for an interview. I first interviewed with the store manager. I had my second interview right after my first interview which surprised me a bit. The second interview was with the assistant manager and she asked me the same exact questions that the store manager asked me. The interview was very quick and simple. They both asked me about what I thought customer service meant and how I would help a customer if they had asked me a question about a product or promotion. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Gray, ME

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

Interview Details – i was called by a representative from Starbucks for an interview and i went a day after she called me.

Interview Question – are you nice?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – There was a group interview that i had to go through as well as a personal interview with the assistant manager and then manager. Overall, it was a good experience and they depend a lot from their employees. As this was my first interview, I found it a little difficult, but i know that if i tried to get the job now, it'd be cake.

Interview Question – It's the typical questions that come up, but heavily focused on dealing with other people (customers) and the hardships that presents.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Starbucks in March 2011.

Interview Details – Starbucks interviews with behavioral based questions, so questions like "Tell me about a time when..." The best way to prepare is to have multiple scenarios you can speak confidently about. Try not to ramble, the best way to answer is state the situation, what needed to be done, what you did, and the results.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss/upper management   View Answer

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2012.

Interview Details – Took forever for corporate to run a background check. I was also surprised to learn Starbucks requires you to cover tattoos. Interview was fairly easy, though.

Arcadia, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview with ASM. Second with Store Manager , gave it to me on the spot.

Interview Question – Most of the questions come from an interview deck. "tell me about a time...."
when you had a difficult customer
when you had a disagreement with a co-worker
when you took a project to completion
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO, it's a minimum wage position no matter what.

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – online application, 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Will you stay.... We have a high turnover.......   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2012.

Interview Details – hand in application, called for an interview, asked what kind of person i am

Interview Question – know all about coffee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks Barista interview questions and advice. All 491 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.