Starbucks

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.3

633 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I had two interviews - one with the store manager and one with the assistant store manager. They asked typical questions about customer service, how I handled issues, and so on. They were short interviews, but we're among the best I've had.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was really easy! It wasn't interrogative in the slightest (the woman interviewing didn't really ask a ton of questions), and it was more of a conversation. She went over dress code, corporate policies, etc. She had a binder with her with a bunch of information about the company that she showed to me and asked if I had any questions. It was very relaxed and not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you've struggled at something and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online through the Starbucks website. I got a call a day later and went in for an interview. And the interview I was asked why Starbucks. And how I could contribute to Starbucks as a company and why I was leaving my current job and I was very honest. It was a really easy interview but the manager at that store turned out to be a very bad manager.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online to a bunch of locations, and I got a callback from one of the Starbucks. I set up a time for an interview, and then I went there that day. I was a little lost, but got there 15 minutes early. They offer you a drink, and I accepted. After about 40 minutes, the manager came out and we started the interview.

We did it inside the store, so it was kind of loud. Sometimes I could barely hear what the manager was saying, but she was super nice.

I brought a resume, and she asked me a question based on what she saw on my resume. Then she asked, "Why Starbucks?"

I practiced and I think I had a pretty good answer, but of course I was nervous.

At the end, she talked about the responsibilities, pay and all that.

I dressed semiformal. Slacks and a collared shirt.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your experience in Nicaragua? (I went there during a summer)   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted my resume direct to the store manager and the manager asked me to wait for a few minutes because the manager wants interview me on the spot and asked basic interview questions by the store manager..i got hired in the end by the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I have any experience in retail business.   Answer Question
    The interview was quick and there were no negotiation phase happened on my interview from the store manager.

Barista Interview

Went to a hiring fair and sat with the store manager; explained my interest in working at stabucks, and all the reasons I liked the company; discussed the environmental aspect of the company as well as the amazing benefits and treatment of its employees, as well as the great products they serve!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation you have faced at a previous job, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

I applied online and got a call a couple weeks later. It was a mini phone interview and then they asked me to come in the following Monday for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I went in and they asked me to sit and wait for a few and the manager would be out. I waited for 15 minutes (I was early) and then the manager called me back to her office with her. They interview was very easy and the hiring manager was VERY nice and welcoming. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was buying a cake, what 3 items would you recommend they buy with the cake?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I was called by several stores for a pre-interview. Just one question per call such as "why would you like to work here?" and whether or not I was available to work outside the available hours stated in my application. Never called back for full interview.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied in person and was called back for an interview a couple of days later. The interview was at one of their locations and once I arrived they offered me a drink. I met with the manager of the location and the questions were pretty basic like "Why do you want to work here?" and "How would you handle a customer in this situation?". The interview went pretty well and he said he would call as soon as they had narrowed it down. A couple days later they called and asked me to go to another location for a second interview. When I got there I was again offered a drink and sat down to wait. I waited a good 45 minutes before the manager came to talk to me and she said it was because she forgot what time my interview was at. The interview was basically the same as the first and I was told they would call in a few days after they made a decision.

Barista Interview

hiring process was fairly simple. submit application and then interview. the lady that interviewed me was very nice and the time that she spent with me was a good overview of the company. overall i liked the interview process

Interview Questions
    • why do you feel that you would be a good fit for the team   Answer Question