Starbucks

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.3

667 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they called a week later to schedule an interview that next day. We had a group interview for 3 locations. Accept the free drink. Asked situation questions like how did you handle it when you failed to give good customer service or something around that. Asked about our meaning of diversity and if it's important. They also want to know what type of person are you. A people person or friendly. Why did you choose Starbucks , what do you know about the company. So do a little research. Especially about diversity in the company. And They asked how much experience with customer service do you have. Got called for a second interview a few days later. The second interview was only ten minutes because the store manager wanted to talk face to face and the interviewer in the group interview asked all her questions. She wanted to know my availability, how I would prioritize customer orders, and how much I know about the drinks. I dressed professional but trendy. Black slacks flowered blouse. Overall it was laid back. The interviews are on the floor with the customers to see how you interact with the environment. The baristas are nice and the store managers are laid back and humorous. Background check takes a good week.
    In general, be yourself, laugh and smile. And eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected questions were the customer service questions for me because I don't have experience in customer service.   View Answer

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

The manager was friendly and attentive. She started off by asking to tell het a bit about me and why i wanted to work for starbucks. Afterwards she told me her story and proceeded to posing a series of "situational" questions

Interview Questions
    • "can you tell me about a time you were asked to do something that you didnt want to/couldn't do and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was asked to walk her through my resume, she was very friendly and explained the hours of availability needed were about 8-4 for my college campus. She emailed me the next day with an answer so the process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to this job that others could not?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they actually called me, scheduling a time to come in for a group interview "fair" they were holding. Tip: If offered a free drink- take it! Get something easy to make (not a frappuccino, maybe iced coffee.) Did the interview, got called later for a second interview. It was a weird process after that, finding a place.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I had applied and the process moved quickly. It depends on the hiring manager, but my interview was very early in the morning (cafe opens before 5am) and was more of a conversation of my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    I was given a .50 raise compared to what I made at my previous cafe when I suggested.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online, got a phone interview after several days, had a face to face interview with manager of store and then another interview with another manager of different store but for the same position.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted a paper application in store to the manager. It was then followed up with a phone call to set up an in person interview. The interview was one on one with the store manager. It lasted about 15 minuted and at the end of the interview I was told I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to connect with customers about their coffee experience   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

applied online. Walked in at least an hour early and bought my own drink, the manager picked up the tab for my sandwich since i already bought my drink. The whole thing as was more like a casual conversation than an interview for a job conducted on the floor, no back office no seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the Starbucks environment. The manager was kind enough to not only ask a few telling questions but give me an exact time when he would call me on the monday following no later than 17:00 (5:00 PM)

Interview Questions
    • What are you look for in this job?   View Answer
    • what was a time when you fell short of a customer's expectations?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

I applied online. I was called the next business day and asked if I could come in for an interview later that week. I arrived about 10 minutes early. I told the person on register that I was there for an interview. They offered me a free drink. A few minutes later the assistant store manager came out and we began the interview. The interview actually began early and was fairly short overall. I was asked between 5 and 10 behavioral questions. The questions were geared towards having had a job with customers in the past. After the interview I was told I would hear back next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was not satisfied with the service you provided.   Answer Question