Starbucks

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and I heard back within a week. Pretty straightforward, easy interview. Basic interview questions regarding past customer service experience. Overall a nice people and nice atmosphere with nice people. Very relaxed and not intimidating.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they called a week later to schedule an interview that next day. We had a group interview for 3 locations. Accept the free drink. Asked situation questions like how did you handle it when you failed to give good customer service or something around that. Asked about our meaning of diversity and if it's important. They also want to know what type of person are you. A people person or friendly. Why did you choose Starbucks , what do you know about the company. So do a little research. Especially about diversity in the company. And They asked how much experience with customer service do you have. Got called for a second interview a few days later. The second interview was only ten minutes because the store manager wanted to talk face to face and the interviewer in the group interview asked all her questions. She wanted to know my availability, how I would prioritize customer orders, and how much I know about the drinks. I dressed professional but trendy. Black slacks flowered blouse. Overall it was laid back. The interviews are on the floor with the customers to see how you interact with the environment. The baristas are nice and the store managers are laid back and humorous. Background check takes a good week.
    In general, be yourself, laugh and smile. And eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected questions were the customer service questions for me because I don't have experience in customer service.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

It was easy. Two interviews. Got a call back a week after my second interview. They did a background check and I started. It took them a while to call me for a Interview. I applied months before. By the time they called me I forgot I had even applied. The interviews are easy. Just make sure you accept the drink and don't act like you love and live for coffee.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I had applied twice before and got no call. This time I called about two weeks after I applied. Asked for the hiring manager. Spoke with her. She asked a couple questions and said she would get back with me if my application looked good. Got a call within 5 minutes after hanging up to schedule an interview for the next day. Very easy interview. Asked how I handle conflict. Asked about my availability. She said she had to put me through a background check and she would get ahold of me. Called back the next day with a job offer and a day to come in for orientation the next week.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I applied online and heard back the next day that I had a phone interview that Friday - exciting how fast they got back to me. Come Friday, though, I was ready and waiting at 10 am, our scheduled time. When they hadn't called by 10:30, I decided to call them and it sounded like they had forgotten and said they would call me "right back." Well a full thirty more minutes later they finally called and aside from how rude it was to make me wait so long, the interviewer was kind and we had a good interview.
    Anyway, he said that I should come in on for a second in-person interview. Well, guess what! I arrived and nobody showed up for 45 minutes! At that point I was just annoyed and went out and told them I had been waiting so long and that it was inconsiderate of my time. Someone finally showed up 15mins later - no apology.

Interview Questions
    • What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      Explain a time you were put in a stressful situation and how you reacted.
      Explain a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it or how you reacted.

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was very simple. They ask you questions on your ability to communicate with individuals and how you work well with people. I was apart of an organization and had success with that. Use that to help guide you

How much did you make at your last job?

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

The manager was friendly and attentive. She started off by asking to tell het a bit about me and why i wanted to work for starbucks. Afterwards she told me her story and proceeded to posing a series of "situational" questions

Interview Questions
    • "can you tell me about a time you were asked to do something that you didnt want to/couldn't do and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was asked to walk her through my resume, she was very friendly and explained the hours of availability needed were about 8-4 for my college campus. She emailed me the next day with an answer so the process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to this job that others could not?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they actually called me, scheduling a time to come in for a group interview "fair" they were holding. Tip: If offered a free drink- take it! Get something easy to make (not a frappuccino, maybe iced coffee.) Did the interview, got called later for a second interview. It was a weird process after that, finding a place.