Starbucks

Average Difficulty
541 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – I had experience in coffee shops, learned the dress code, shirts with collars.....bought the book on CD, listen to it over and over, applied for the job, I had no tattoos, the assistant manager, had tattoos from her finger to her elbow! I no longer go to Starbucks.

Interview Question – Availability is the biggest issue. I said I was avail, 24 X7, including holidays, and I wouldbe happy to work any shift. I did not get a call back......they are looking for reasons NOT to hire you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with 2 store managers that wasn't going to be my manager. Very friendly and very proud of their company. I was able to talk easily with my interviewers and felt like I had made friends after I left the interview.

Interview Question – Very easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't told my starting rate. So when I started I was shocked to find out I was to be started at minimum wage even though I had over 10 years customer service and previous barista experience.

Barista

I applied in-person and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I believe there were 2 interviews, with fairly typical questions. I submitted a resume in person to begin with. I called later and spoke with the GM who asked me some simple questions about availability and such and then was asked to come in for an interview. You get a free beverage of your choice while interviewing, which was very nice. I believe i was asked a myriad of questions by the GM diring the interview and filled out a questionnaire that we went over. I was called and offered a position after.

Interview Question – I believe it was "What are your shortcomings?" Or something to that affect.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – First job. Had a current employee refer me to work here, from then on applied online and sent Resume to manager in person. Initial interview was with the Assistant Manager to get to know you, why you wanted to work here and why you'd think you'd be a good fit for this company and what you know about this company. Had a second interview 3 weeks after the initial with the actual Manager, lots of behavioral questions. Strengths and weaknesses, as well as previous work experience questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and tell me a challenge that you encountered at your previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Two interviews required. I interview initially at the location I was going to be working at. Asked basic questions with the STAR format. The store manager sat me down with a beverage of my choice. There weren't very many interview questions... I want to say 5 at most? I then did a follow up interview at a second location. This was the common hiring practice for the area. The second interview was conducted by a different store manager. He was friendly, and we had a lot in common, which made the interview go very smoothly.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Very friendly and welcoming environment. Went into store saying they were hiring and asked for an application Interviewed very soon afterwards. Pretty great that no prior work experience is needed.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to several stores and got a call for an interview within a week. The interview was in-store, relaxed, and very simple. I was asked categorical questions: Why do you want to work at Starbucks? How would handle an angry customer? What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something unethical or illegal? Would you feel comfortable performing all the job duties, obeying dress code, and being punctual?

Interview Question – Share about a time you experienced conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to a couple different locations. I was called a week or less afterwards asking me to come in for an interview for the barista position. It ended up being a group interview for 4 stores (they are all on the same block). I interviewed with two other people and by a different store manager than the one I had talked to and who I would work for. It was probably about half an hour to forty five minutes. He asked us questions from our application, talked about his experiences, and what Starbucks is and what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Wage offered was $8.25 but when I was hired, wage was going up July first in California so, it is going to be $9.50. I am on track to be a shift lead in a month or two after my barista training as well.

Barista

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Was called for an over the phone interview the day after I applied online, then asked to come in for an in person interview with manager. Interview process was easy going and friendly, made me very comfortable and felt like I had a good chance of being hired. Said they'd call me back in a few days but when they didn't I called back, manager was busy, said he's call me back. He didn't, so I called again, manager was busy. Again.

Interview Question – Very general and expected questions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details – As many have stated before, the questions are all behavior-based. Be prepared to have real examples from your work history and stress the positive! You also get a free drink for your interview, I would recommend not ordering anything overly complicated or expensive. And make sure to throw away your trash when you leave.

Interview Question – Unexpected: "How's your handwriting?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations about salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks Barista interview questions and advice. All 541 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.