Starbucks

Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.3

663 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was asked to walk her through my resume, she was very friendly and explained the hours of availability needed were about 8-4 for my college campus. She emailed me the next day with an answer so the process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to this job that others could not?   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online and they actually called me, scheduling a time to come in for a group interview "fair" they were holding. Tip: If offered a free drink- take it! Get something easy to make (not a frappuccino, maybe iced coffee.) Did the interview, got called later for a second interview. It was a weird process after that, finding a place.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I had applied and the process moved quickly. It depends on the hiring manager, but my interview was very early in the morning (cafe opens before 5am) and was more of a conversation of my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    I was given a .50 raise compared to what I made at my previous cafe when I suggested.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online, got a phone interview after several days, had a face to face interview with manager of store and then another interview with another manager of different store but for the same position.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted a paper application in store to the manager. It was then followed up with a phone call to set up an in person interview. The interview was one on one with the store manager. It lasted about 15 minuted and at the end of the interview I was told I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to connect with customers about their coffee experience   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

applied online. Walked in at least an hour early and bought my own drink, the manager picked up the tab for my sandwich since i already bought my drink. The whole thing as was more like a casual conversation than an interview for a job conducted on the floor, no back office no seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the Starbucks environment. The manager was kind enough to not only ask a few telling questions but give me an exact time when he would call me on the monday following no later than 17:00 (5:00 PM)

Interview Questions
    • What are you look for in this job?   View Answer
    • what was a time when you fell short of a customer's expectations?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starbucks.

Two Interviews
    I walked in to ask if they were hiring, and a shift supervisor asked if I had completed an application. I told her I have, and it's been around two weeks now, so I decided to ask in person.
    She told me her manager isn't in at that moment but she will let her know.

I received a phone call four hours later, and it was the manager calling me to schedule an interview. The interview went smooth, I was offered a drink, I declined though, and waited for about 20 minutes. Taking out my phone to check the time was tempting, but I had a feeling I was being tested.
    The manager was super nice, and she asked me basic questions-- where do I go for college, what do I want to do in five years, how will I make their Starbucks a better place, how can I contribute, and I was told to wait for another call a few days later for my second interview.

She called me back indeed, and it was to schedule my second interview. It was set two days from the call, and I arrived over 30 minutes early, but waited another 30 minutes for the other store manager to come over to interview me.

The other store manager was also very kind, and she asked me about my school, hobbies and how I can make Starbucks better. She also asked for my favourite drink and to describe it. Very short interview as well. I was later expected to receive another call two weeks later because the store has four people in training currently so I had to wait. The call came, and I was on my way for the background check and less than two weeks after it passed I was starting my training.

Interview Questions
    • How to make Starbucks a better place; better than what it currently is.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

very nice, she allowed me to have a drink. she also gave me my first job. Asked me about past work experience and asked a lot of scenarios (for example if you saw this happening what would you do..)

Interview Questions
    • A lot of scenario questions based on what I would do if....   Answer Question
    quick and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

They only talked with me for about 10-15 minutes and it was out on the floor with customers. It seemed unprofessional and rushed. I had plenty of experience working at a coffee shop previously as a barista but Starbucks thought that was a negative. They want clean slates that they can mould at their '8 week training bootcamp'.