Starbucks

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.3

628 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Barista Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted my resume direct to the store manager and the manager asked me to wait for a few minutes because the manager wants interview me on the spot and asked basic interview questions by the store manager..i got hired in the end by the store manager.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked if I have any experience in retail business.   Answer Question
The interview was quick and there were no negotiation phase happened on my interview from the store manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Went to a hiring fair and sat with the store manager; explained my interest in working at stabucks, and all the reasons I liked the company; discussed the environmental aspect of the company as well as the amazing benefits and treatment of its employees, as well as the great products they serve!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation you have faced at a previous job, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

I applied online and got a call a couple weeks later. It was a mini phone interview and then they asked me to come in the following Monday for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I went in and they asked me to sit and wait for a few and the manager would be out. I waited for 15 minutes (I was early) and then the manager called me back to her office with her. They interview was very easy and the hiring manager was VERY nice and welcoming. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was buying a cake, what 3 items would you recommend they buy with the cake?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I was called by several stores for a pre-interview. Just one question per call such as "why would you like to work here?" and whether or not I was available to work outside the available hours stated in my application. Never called back for full interview.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online to a bunch of locations, and I got a callback from one of the Starbucks. I set up a time for an interview, and then I went there that day. I was a little lost, but got there 15 minutes early. They offer you a drink, and I accepted. After about 40 minutes, the manager came out and we started the interview.

We did it inside the store, so it was kind of loud. Sometimes I could barely hear what the manager was saying, but she was super nice.

I brought a resume, and she asked me a question based on what she saw on my resume. Then she asked, "Why Starbucks?"

I practiced and I think I had a pretty good answer, but of course I was nervous.

At the end, she talked about the responsibilities, pay and all that.

I dressed semiformal. Slacks and a collared shirt.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your experience in Nicaragua? (I went there during a summer)   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied in person and was called back for an interview a couple of days later. The interview was at one of their locations and once I arrived they offered me a drink. I met with the manager of the location and the questions were pretty basic like "Why do you want to work here?" and "How would you handle a customer in this situation?". The interview went pretty well and he said he would call as soon as they had narrowed it down. A couple days later they called and asked me to go to another location for a second interview. When I got there I was again offered a drink and sat down to wait. I waited a good 45 minutes before the manager came to talk to me and she said it was because she forgot what time my interview was at. The interview was basically the same as the first and I was told they would call in a few days after they made a decision.

Barista Interview

hiring process was fairly simple. submit application and then interview. the lady that interviewed me was very nice and the time that she spent with me was a good overview of the company. overall i liked the interview process

Interview Questions
    • why do you feel that you would be a good fit for the team   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Applications are submitted online. Often people have to call several times to hear back from the store if they have submitted an application. It helps to have a reference or someone you know who already works there, but it is not required. Starbucks does not usually hire people in high school or anyone under 16.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

A few days after applying online, I was called to come to a hiring event. I arrived there about 10 minutes before the event began and ordered a drink before checking into the table where the store managers in the area sat. I was then interviewed by an store manager at the location nearest to where I live, because I wasn't sure which location I wanted to work. The interview was pretty easygoing and conversational - it really felt like the interviewer valued what I was telling her as she took notes. She assured me that I didn't need to be nervous and made casual conversation that really did help me to ease up a bit. This is the best interview I've had, trying to get my first actual job. The managers are very friendly and approachable. Overall, this first interview lasted about an hour and I was told I would be called again the following week, but I was called back two days later by a store manager of another location to come in for an interview. This interview lasted about 20 minutes and it was pretty clear to me at this point that I had gotten the job; this second manager was very nice and took down my birthdate and asked me whether I would be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the job. Two days later, I received a call offering me the job, and I accepted. After a background check (which takes up to 32 hours), I will start training at a slower location before being transferred to the busier one I was hired for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a job expectation-what happened, how did you overcome that, and what did it look like later when you met that expectation.

Describe a time when you had to make a decision without guidance.

When you've started up previous jobs, what did you do to make sure you were successful?

Tell me about a time you were put in a position where you felt that a manager's assignment was unfair. What actions did you take? What was the outcome?
        Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. New baristas start at 7.95 an hour and get a portion of the tips - about 1.30 an hour at busy locations.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was a really simple interview; I was asked why I thought I would be a fit for the company, how I would handle unexpected situations and where I saw myself within the next five to ten years. The best answer to give is to hopefully still be growing with them.