Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM! Read this 2 minutes script. "Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available. If the manager is there. "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper." Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store. Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

Met with the store manager. Was asked basic questions about my skill set and availability. Not super hard. It was my first job. I feel like the manager has a lot of liberty in how to handle the interview.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was very easy going and the setting was very comfortable. I was offered a free drink and the manager was very kind. The questions weren't too challenging and it only lasted about 20 min. I ended up getting the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was not satified?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online. Had to contact the manager repeatedly to get the interview. Had to contact to get a decision long after the date I was given. He was very nice and seemed to really care about the store and his employees. Many other people had applied, and this was a significant factor in my consideration for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult situation you had to deal with in a previous job?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and walked into the store to meet the manager who was already interviewing other people. She told me to call her in two days to schedule and interview. I called and a worker answered and said they were busy and she'll for sure call me later that day. She never call which was very rude in my opinion.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Mostly asked behavioral questions to see if I would be a good fit personality wise. Manager was making sure I would work hard and be friendly to customers. He was friendly and welcoming and there was nothing intimidating about the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

We did the interview outside of the store and it was very easy-going, you have to be calm and relaxed. The baristas already working there will offer you a drink on the house, take it, but do not go too crazy with the order. Be prepared for costumer service questions. She said she would call me friday and she called wednesday and got the job. If they give you a definite date on when they call you're most likely hired. SMILE AND BE OUTGOING, and call the store manager or email him/her to seem more interested, that is how I got the interview. It took 2 1/2 weeks for her to get back to me for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What product, other than Starbucks, do you enjoy? (tell them) Now sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you were treated unfair and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a store manager for an interview a few days later. Did a group interview with one other applicant and met with three different store managers. One asked questions and the other two took notes. It was very informal, we just sat outside the store, started off with a coffee and pastry tasting. The other applicant even wore jeans to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with a coworker? What did you do to resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with an unhappy customer? If so, how did you handle the situation and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and then the next process would be face-to-face interview. When going to the face-to-face interview, the manager will ask you if you want anything to drink in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in the middle of helping a customer and another customer came up asking for help?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Quick and relatively easy. I received a referral from a friend and interviewed about a week later. The interview itself is easy if you are comfortable with that kind of thing.