Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM! Read this 2 minutes script. "Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available. If the manager is there. "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper." Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store. Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Interview

Met with the store manager. Was asked basic questions about my skill set and availability. Not super hard. It was my first job. I feel like the manager has a lot of liberty in how to handle the interview.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was very easy going and the setting was very comfortable. I was offered a free drink and the manager was very kind. The questions weren't too challenging and it only lasted about 20 min. I ended up getting the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who was not satified?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online. Had to contact the manager repeatedly to get the interview. Had to contact to get a decision long after the date I was given. He was very nice and seemed to really care about the store and his employees. Many other people had applied, and this was a significant factor in my consideration for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult situation you had to deal with in a previous job?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Mostly asked behavioral questions to see if I would be a good fit personality wise. Manager was making sure I would work hard and be friendly to customers. He was friendly and welcoming and there was nothing intimidating about the process.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a store manager for an interview a few days later. Did a group interview with one other applicant and met with three different store managers. One asked questions and the other two took notes. It was very informal, we just sat outside the store, started off with a coffee and pastry tasting. The other applicant even wore jeans to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with a coworker? What did you do to resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with an unhappy customer? If so, how did you handle the situation and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and then the next process would be face-to-face interview. When going to the face-to-face interview, the manager will ask you if you want anything to drink in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in the middle of helping a customer and another customer came up asking for help?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Quick and relatively easy. I received a referral from a friend and interviewed about a week later. The interview itself is easy if you are comfortable with that kind of thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Orange, CA).

Interview

I walked into a Starbucks that was doing an interview session for about two hours. You could sign up for a time slot and then you'd get interviewed by a regional store manager. I met a store manager who asked me a few basic questions about why I wanted to work at Starbucks, what my former work history was like, and whether or not I would do well in a fast-paced environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a coffee company, particular Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very straightforward questions. I didn't have to dress in a full blown business suit. My advice is to have confidence and show that you are able to have a casual conversation with anybody.

Interview Questions

• If there are two customers approaching you at the same time, who do you help first.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer