Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
"Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Temecula, CA).

Interview

They asked me the basic questions everyone else does, they were really looking for someone who was a hard worker, has a good up best personality and was willing to go the extra mile

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

pretty simple nothing too fancy and i received a free drink, the manager came right out and spoke in a positive manner, afterwards we talked about past work experience. the interview was laid back

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Interview

I applied online. I went into the store to speak with the manager and he said he'd be going through the applications next week and give me a call. I never got a call.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview however, no other candidates arrived to the interview. The store manager asked a series of situational and behavioral questions that are commonly asked for these kinds of positions. Overall, it was fairly easy and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• When were you faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Vancouver, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was hired in exactly one week. First I had a phone interview, then they transfered my information to the supervisor of the store I applied for to set up another interview in person. It was easier than the phone interview and very relaxing. Got an offer 2 days later.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy and they were very easy to work with! I was very pleased throughout the duration of the interview and the manager was very sweet and was very helpful in answering any questions that I had. I left the interview feeling very confident in the responses I gave to any questions I was asked.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (El Segundo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I turned in the application online on a Sunday and received a call 8 days later on a Monday. I was caught off guard by the the manager after confirming it was me asked why I wanted to work at Starbucks. After providing an answer we set up an interview the next day (Tuesday). Still waiting to hear back but the manager said that I would hear back next week if I get the job, if I receive no call then someone else got the job.

The entire interview process was simple and normal. Perhaps the weirdest part for people may be that the interview took place in the seats of the store which can be unnerving for people who don't want their answers to be overheard by people. But if you're worrying about that then the job is most likely not for you.

Mostly scenario questions on how the person would react during potentially stressful periods at the workplace (bad customer, employee relations, job prioritization, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been critiqued by a coworker or leader and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize customer orders during a rush hour?

Scenario: During rush hour the bathroom is out of toilet paper, someone is saying the half-half jug is empty, people are ordering drinks/food. How would you handle the situation and prioritize?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me after about three weeks to ask me if I were still interested the position, and set up an interview in the store next day. The interview process was quick and asked questions related to customer service and how I dealt them. The store manage said will call back about a week to tell me next interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Few simple easy questions, mostly about customer service and yourself. Keep your voice steady and smile. Talked about communication and never working alone. Talked about benefits and such like college courses.

Interview Questions

• One time you failed to keep a customer happy?   1 Answer