Starbucks

2.2

647 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

They only talked with me for about 10-15 minutes and it was out on the floor with customers. It seemed unprofessional and rushed. I had plenty of experience working at a coffee shop previously as a barista but Starbucks thought that was a negative. They want clean slates that they can mould at their '8 week training bootcamp'.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Starbucks has a very detailed interview process, even for just the entry-level baristas. When I met with a store manager, she had a detailed guide to follow that all seemed to relate back to how well I would be able to provide the Starbucks experience a.k.a. "surprise and delight" the customers. I felt like my interviewer really got to know me and cared about what I had to say. Not what I expected at all.

Interview Questions
    • They asked very experiential-focused questions, needing to recall very specific instances which I found somewhat difficult.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

In my case I had a referral, which really helps. Applied online, got a call a day or two later to set up an interview. Interviewed about 4 days later. Interview was very casual, hardly an interview at all. Just a conversation about experience, how many hours I hoped to get, that kind of thing. Manager was very personable and friendly. Didn't hear anything for a little over a week, so followed up, and got the job the next day. All in all, if you know someone at the store you want to work at, and most importantly if you follow up, (give it a week or so) you will get the job. Background check, no drug test. All in all easy process.

No negotiation

Barista Interview

Apply online, follow up call, interview, back ground check, orientation! It is pretty easy to get ahold of the store manager and if that specific store isn't hiring they will let you know what stores are hiring. Also, you can apply to start as a shift leader as opposed to barista but I do NOT recommend it because learning and training to become a barista is hard enough as is and shifts usually have a very hard time learning how to be good at their job if they haven't previously worked as a barista

Interview Questions
    • Whats your favorite coffee beverage, What kind of leader are you, Can you prioritize and make important decisions quickly   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

I was hired 5 years ago and it was different then. But what I see now is you apply online and then try and talk to the manager and see how it goes from there

Was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

This was my fourth time submitting my application to this Starbucks, making it about two years since I was trying to get a position at this Starbucks. I called the manager and asked them to consider me for the position, as I had an open schedule, I wanted full-time, and I was willing and ready to work. They said they would get back to me on Monday. A few days later (Friday), they e-mailed me asking to participate in a group interview. So I obliged.

I had prepared for this interview by looking at questions online. Online, there were a lot of questions like, "Tell me about a negative customer service experience you had and how you fixed it." Or when you had a negative experience with a co-worker and how you fixed it. Then they were supposed to offer you a drink, which I think you are supposed to take.

I had a group interview with four other fantastic individuals, where some had experience advantage with Starbucks and others had better stories than me. During this interview, they focused on behavioral questions. They didn't ask how you fixed your problems, though. They simply asked you questions like, "Tell me about a negative experience you had with a customer." "Tell me about a negative experience you had with a co-worker." I wasn't really sure if they wanted a happy ending, or a problem where I just couldn't help the customer, despite everything. I experimented by telling them I had a bad experience with a co-worker, but we worked through it, and also by disappointing a customer because the item they wanted as out-of-stock (at a previous job) and there was no way that I could help them. They also did not offer drinks at this interview, so I bought my own.

About fifteen minutes later, I got an e-mail saying that we will not move forward with the interview. I was also shocked that, while they emphasized customer relations and calling their employees "partners", I would at least get a e-mail saying "Dear (my name)..." Nope! It was "Dear applicant..." I don't know if it was automated or not. I guess if it were me, I wouldn't make it so impersonal if you had just met these people, talked with them for 45 minutes, and then called them "applicant." The manager seemed "cold," so I'm not sure I will go back to that particular Starbucks for my business.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you held a co-worker accountable for their actions.   View Answer

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

Applied online. Received an interview after 10 days or so. I was offered a free drink by barista and waited until interview began. Manager explained a lot about the company benefits, how hard the co workers work everyday. The need for the store to be clean and other Starbucks standards. Afterwards was told I'd be contacted to set up a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of what did you do in a situation likes this... Type questions. Hard to think of these on the spot, best to be prepared.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied to Starbucks online and then got a phone call a few days later. The phone call (like mentioned in most of the other reviews) was a screening and they asked me why I wanted to work at Starbucks and previous employment. After that, we scheduled for an interview later that week with both the assistant manager and manager. On interview day the barista will ask you if you want a drink (ITS FREE TAKE IT). I then met with the two managers and began the interview which was pretty straightforward and simple. They alternated questions off of a script and the questions were generally behavioral/situational questions which if you prepare, will be pretty easy to answer. The overall experience went fairly well and was pretty laid back and both managers were really friendly. At the end of the interview however, they told me I wasn't able to work at that specific Starbucks because they served wine there (weird right) and you had to be 21 in order to work there but the manager said she would consider me for another Starbucks location close-by and would call me by Monday. Monday came around and I proceeded to call myself but the manager wasn't in nor was in the following day. The workers told me that they didn't know what days she came in so they only took my name down and told me they would notify her when she was there. Im kind of irritated that im left at a stand still not knowing if I got the job or not and will have to continually keep calling back but the interview process and whole experience itself was pretty laid back and straight forward- nothing to really stress about.

Interview Questions
    • Time when you had to act without direction or guidance   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I had two interviews - one with the store manager and one with the assistant store manager. They asked typical questions about customer service, how I handled issues, and so on. They were short interviews, but we're among the best I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond.   View Answer

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was really easy! It wasn't interrogative in the slightest (the woman interviewing didn't really ask a ton of questions), and it was more of a conversation. She went over dress code, corporate policies, etc. She had a binder with her with a bunch of information about the company that she showed to me and asked if I had any questions. It was very relaxed and not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you've struggled at something and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    no negotiation