Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

2.3

587 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Applied online to 5 locations. Got a call back from the manager the same day. Scheduled an interview for 2 days after, although she called to move interview to a different store. Interview was standard Q&A like "Why Starbucks?" etc. It was fairly casual, the manager seemed to respond positively when I talked about my past experiences. She sold it well without any fanatical zeal, so I enjoyed talking with her.

Interview Questions
  • Since I don't have much work experience, she wanted me to talk about my volunteering experience (I'm a predental student). Not difficult however.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

The hiring process is simple. They invite you to the store after taking about three days to call you about your application. They talk about the company standards and policies and talk about dress code and job expectations. They ask questions about your previous job experience. If they are wanting to hire you, then you will know by the end of the interview, they will ask if you have your different forms of i.d. including your SSN/card. It takes about 5-7 days to finish the background check and they will call you in for training briefly afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call to schedule an interview within a week.

I arrived and they offered me a drink, which I accepted. The manager asked basic questions for a service industry - have you worked in a restaurant/cafe environment before?, how would you handle a difficult customer?, etc. Asked if I was comfortable with cleaning bathrooms - I said yes. The interview seemed to go well and she said she'd probably call me with a job offer within 24 hours, but she never did. Easy interview process, really laid back.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you expect from a Starbucks barista, and do you exude that quality?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks.

Fairly casual. Got a free drink beforehand. I just sat with the manager and went over my resume and work experience. It was more of a friendly conversation than a Q&A format. I would've accepted the job but they were looking for people to work for the next 6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walla Walla, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

interviewed at Starbucks in March 2010.

Applied online. Got an interview within a week. They wanted to know what my goals are in life and why starbucks. I told them i was in college and wanted a college job (basically), but i was committed for over one year if I was given the chance. A few days later I got a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know what I wanted to do after college. I told them the truth, which at the time I thought I was shooting myself in the foot,   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online for about four locations and a week later i got a call back. They lady asked me a couple questions nothing too hard but being it was my first call back and i was extremely nervous, of course i didn't get the interview. "Well there's other applicants we're looking at, i'll call you if anything comes up"

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

Called me and told me to go to a interview the next day. I went there, they told me that they were interviewing other people too. Had the interview with Manager, he asked me questions like ''why Starbucks?'' ''What's Starbucks goal?'' ''Tell me about a previous situation where you found out that a colleague was lazy, and what did you do'' ''Tell me about a time that a customer was very upset, and what did you do'' ''tell me about a time that you had to make a important decision without the manager''. After some hours they called me and asked me to come the next day to a 3 hour trial. A supervisor showed me how to clean tables, wash some dishes, and call the customers when the drinks were ready. When it ended she told me that they'd have other people to do trials, and if i was successful they would call me in 2 or 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • ''Tell me about a time that a customer was very upset, and what did you do?''   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied online in August, and within days I got a call for an interview.
    At the interview they asked if I wanted a drink, and we proceeded to talk. We had a long, nice conversation after which the manager decided to hire me.

Barista Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online; got a call a few days later. Small prescreen during initial contact via call. Came in for interview that same day. Recieved a nice beverage while I was waiting. Interviewer tested my prioritization skills.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you saw coworker do something wrong and your response.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and the process took a month and a half - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied in person, I gave my resume to the assistant manager who asked me questions about previous work history and my availability. I received a phone call two weeks later asking if I could come in for a group interview that was to take place another two weeks later. On the day of the interview, it was a group of four including myself. The assistant manager interviewed us using a booklet of behavioural/situation questions and we all just took turns answering the questions. After that, she gave us the job description/benefits/perks/any other info she thought was important for us to know. The interview lasted around an hour and a half. At the end, she collected our references and thanked us for coming out. She also let us know that they'd be calling everyone next week to tell them whether they had gotten the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • They were all behavioural questions, nothing hard. Just use examples from previous work experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!