Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and then the next process would be face-to-face interview. When going to the face-to-face interview, the manager will ask you if you want anything to drink in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in the middle of helping a customer and another customer came up asking for help?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear back within a week, so I followed up in person. The manager said she would be happy to schedule an interview, and that she would call me to set up an interview when she got her schedule for the next week. However, I never heard from her, and had to follow up again to get an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Woodland, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Personally, there was not much of an interview process for me. I had previously worked at a Starbucks inside of a grocery store, so I had the basic skills down. I was recommended by one of the shift supervisors to the store manager and pretty much just met with her and had what it seemed like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• What plans do you have to stay with the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed an application online and got a call a couple of days later saying if I could come in on the same day. So I hurried to get there and I sat down with the hiring manager and saw that there was another woman next to her writing notes and keeping an eye on her, that made the hiring manager way more nervous than I was so it was kind of hard to talk to her, the whole process was sorta messy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

I submitted the online application and 2 days later was called briefly by one of the 5 locations I applied to. We scheduled an interview that same day. I showed up 15 minutes early and the manager who had called me was dressed super casually and was working with an employee to set up some new merchandise. I offered to help, but she declined. She spent about 5 minutes doing that while I waited. The interview itself was very casual, and most of the questions were problem solving questions tailored to what I told her I do (tutoring and theatre). She was very nice, casual and friendly for the whole interview, which was about 15 minutes. She told me I would know in a few days, and a few days later she called and said they decided to go with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you get your tutoring students to respect you?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a piece of advice you learned from theatre that you still use to this day?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2015.

Interview

I first applied to Starbucks online, and a few days later I received a phone call from the store manager. He proceeded to ask me some preliminary questions. Once we got through those he asked about my current job and why I was looking to move to Starbucks. From there I was able to schedule an interview for the following day.
    I went in and wasn't quite sure where to go, so I stood in line and waited until it was my turn to inform the cashier that I was here for an interview. They offered me a free drink, to which I accepted, and because the store was pretty busy at the time and I was early, the manager asked me to find a seat either inside or outside and he'd come and find me for the interview.
    I always get nervous before interviews but compared to other interviews I've been on this one was a lot more relaxed. Yes there are set questions that they're required to ask, but overall I thought I was able to answer them reasonably well. I stumbled a few times due to nerves, but it helped that I researched the company beforehand, and also looking up past interview questions on glassdoor helped me to prepare and make sure I wasn't blindsided by the questions he asked.
    Once he was done interviewing me he informed me that he had other interviews schedule and wouldn't be making a decision until the next week. So I thanked him for his time and was sure to let him know I was looking forward to hearing from him.
    I just received the call that I passed my background check and they'd like me to come in to complete my paperwork in a couple of weeks!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? Were you able to help him/her?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Super laid back and casual. Just sitting in the back room and talking about previous jobs and what the job entails with them. Though still dress appropriately for an interview. Show them your personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, explain a time you gave great customer service, have you ever been late and why...?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

So I called Monday to see if the stairbucks I applied to was hiring and come to find out they were he asked me a few questions of his own and asked me if I wanted to have an interview later that day and i said yes turns out it was an hiring event I ended having two interviews the said for sure that she will let the manger at the store I applied to to hire me and that he will get back to me friday friday came and I called so he said that he was doing calls backs Saturday but haven't heard nothing back so should I call monday amd see what happen or what I did wrong?

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

You have a face to face interview which is mainly customer service based and then a on job experience shift where you are trialled. It is pretty simple though mostly common sense.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. Maybe 15 to 20 minutes. General questions. I felt I did pretty well and the interviewer seemed to like me. She told me there would be a second interview and I should get a call later that day or the beginning of next week at the latest. Well,that call never came. I found this misleading and rude. I didn't even know there was a second interview process. If she didn't think I was a good fit, she shouldn't of given me hope. I sat around waiting for a call that didn't come like an idiot for a few days. It was misleading, and in my case I really needed a job asap. It took away from me applying to other jobs because I took the second interview offer as a good sign.