Starbucks

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2011.

You put in an application online, and can choose up to five stores. Basically, they hire wherever they need to, so your best bed is to send resumes to a bunch of stores. I got a call for an interview maybe two days after applying.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

My interview process was very laid back! Called the store initially to see if they were hiring, and they were. Left my name and number for a call-back. Set up an interview and then met at Starbucks. We sat outside and it was very casual. Was asked why I wanted to work for Starbucks and about relationships with past bosses/supervisors.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I applied online and heard back the next day that I had a phone interview that Friday - exciting how fast they got back to me. Come Friday, though, I was ready and waiting at 10 am, our scheduled time. When they hadn't called by 10:30, I decided to call them and it sounded like they had forgotten and said they would call me "right back." Well a full thirty more minutes later they finally called and aside from how rude it was to make me wait so long, the interviewer was kind and we had a good interview.
    Anyway, he said that I should come in on for a second in-person interview. Well, guess what! I arrived and nobody showed up for 45 minutes! At that point I was just annoyed and went out and told them I had been waiting so long and that it was inconsiderate of my time. Someone finally showed up 15mins later - no apology.

Interview Questions
    • What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      Explain a time you were put in a stressful situation and how you reacted.
      Explain a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it or how you reacted.

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I had applied twice before and got no call. This time I called about two weeks after I applied. Asked for the hiring manager. Spoke with her. She asked a couple questions and said she would get back with me if my application looked good. Got a call within 5 minutes after hanging up to schedule an interview for the next day. Very easy interview. Asked how I handle conflict. Asked about my availability. She said she had to put me through a background check and she would get ahold of me. Called back the next day with a job offer and a day to come in for orientation the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2013.

Got asked questions about the experience I have, and how much I know about the product. I also was asked why do I want to be a barista? They were very kind and inviting, got a lot of one on one training one morning about how to handle customers, coworkers etc and how the store is run.

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

It was easy. Two interviews. Got a call back a week after my second interview. They did a background check and I started. It took them a while to call me for a Interview. I applied months before. By the time they called me I forgot I had even applied. The interviews are easy. Just make sure you accept the drink and don't act like you love and live for coffee.

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and I heard back within a week. Pretty straightforward, easy interview. Basic interview questions regarding past customer service experience. Overall a nice people and nice atmosphere with nice people. Very relaxed and not intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

It was a nice day so the interview was done outside. The manager introduced himself, and I to him. He wanted to first know a little about me, then we got to the actual interview. Instead of asking what if questions, they give you a situation and have you tell about a real life experience that involved the said situation. If you couldn't recall anything dealing with it, they would ask you hypothetically.
     Few days after the interview, I got a call from the manager and they formally welcomed me to Starbucks as an employee. He then asked me if I could come in and work the next day at 8am and fill out papers.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you helped out a co-worker that you didn't particularly care for and why?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Was called by a manager and invited to a hiring fair. Only about 6 people showed up. I interviewed with two store managers and was treated very nicely. Asked a lot of behavioral questions which were all pretty easy. They seemed to be more interested in how much I knew about Starbucks as a company rather than the behavioral questions. I asked them a few questions about what is is like to work with the company and they seemed to love that as well.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how much a Starbucks employee make?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

She kept me waiting and then asked me the behavioural questions like tell me how you respond to unsolicited criticism, how do you get to know your coworkers etc. I was unsettled because it wasn't my first choice of location and for some reason I didn't like the manager. I was distracted by the thought that I didn't like her and found I was not focused. That was completely my fault. I probably should have declined the interview but thought it would be good practice.