Starbucks

Average Difficulty
559 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – Upon arriving to the store, I approached the barista behind the counter and informed them of my interview. One of them went to the back to let the manager know while the other offered a free drink, which I have accepted. The manager made her appearance, holding a clipboard and a blank sheet of paper to take notes on. She was cordial and straight to the point, explaining that the interview process will mainly focus on questions that will help her understand the personality of the interviewee. A few set of questions asked that I can immediately recall are, "How do you go about meeting new people?", how you organize yourself in order to tackle a busy environment that requires multitasking, whether or not you have work experience, and so forth. The manager was patient and seemed to be understanding, reminding me that it was okay to take my time with my responses to her questions. The most fun part about the interview process was asking her questions and hearing her responses to them which helps me learn a little more about the manager and the company, too. Upon wrapping it up, she had stated that she will be going over the information she had gathered of not only me, but other interviewees and will call accordingly if interested. I asked whether or not they were taking resumes and cover letters and handed them when she had responded with a yes. Overall, it was a laid back sort of interview where you are able to incorporate your interest in working for Starbucks with your response and also, expressing your personality in a general manner.

Interview Question – "How do you go about meeting new people?" My being reserved, I was momentarily stumped, though if asked next time, an answer will flow more smoothly, I'm sure.   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details – Within a week of applying I was called in for an interview, which is very nice considering other companies don't reply or respond at all. Manager doing the interview was very nice, told all about the benefits for the job, focused on being friendly with customers and being able to handle being under pressure.

Interview Question – "Do you have a problem cleaning bathrooms?" He asked this because every employee has to do it at some point, and thinks no one should be exempt from cleaning the bathroom.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2013.

Interview Details – the online application is very easy to fill out, it takes about 15 minutes to complete it. if the location where you applied to is hiring at the time your application gets to the manager, you will get a call to set up an interview within one or two days. they require no previous work experience and you have to be 16 years old to apply.

Interview Question – there are no difficult questions, they ask you if you are skilled on computers, if you are looking for a full or part time job, if this is your very first job or not. and how you feel about working with heating elements.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and gave my resume to the manager in the store in person. The interview is a two step process (two interviews) but my manager needed to hire, so she brought in another store manager to get both interviews out of the way in one. It was very quick, just 5 minutes. Very simple questions, mostly about me.

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with 2 store managers that wasn't going to be my manager. Very friendly and very proud of their company. I was able to talk easily with my interviewers and felt like I had made friends after I left the interview.

Interview Question – Very easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't told my starting rate. So when I started I was shocked to find out I was to be started at minimum wage even though I had over 10 years customer service and previous barista experience.

Barista

I applied in-person and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I believe there were 2 interviews, with fairly typical questions. I submitted a resume in person to begin with. I called later and spoke with the GM who asked me some simple questions about availability and such and then was asked to come in for an interview. You get a free beverage of your choice while interviewing, which was very nice. I believe i was asked a myriad of questions by the GM diring the interview and filled out a questionnaire that we went over. I was called and offered a position after.

Interview Question – I believe it was "What are your shortcomings?" Or something to that affect.   Answer Question

Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – First job. Had a current employee refer me to work here, from then on applied online and sent Resume to manager in person. Initial interview was with the Assistant Manager to get to know you, why you wanted to work here and why you'd think you'd be a good fit for this company and what you know about this company. Had a second interview 3 weeks after the initial with the actual Manager, lots of behavioral questions. Strengths and weaknesses, as well as previous work experience questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and tell me a challenge that you encountered at your previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Two interviews required. I interview initially at the location I was going to be working at. Asked basic questions with the STAR format. The store manager sat me down with a beverage of my choice. There weren't very many interview questions... I want to say 5 at most? I then did a follow up interview at a second location. This was the common hiring practice for the area. The second interview was conducted by a different store manager. He was friendly, and we had a lot in common, which made the interview go very smoothly.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Very friendly and welcoming environment. Went into store saying they were hiring and asked for an application Interviewed very soon afterwards. Pretty great that no prior work experience is needed.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to a couple different locations. I was called a week or less afterwards asking me to come in for an interview for the barista position. It ended up being a group interview for 4 stores (they are all on the same block). I interviewed with two other people and by a different store manager than the one I had talked to and who I would work for. It was probably about half an hour to forty five minutes. He asked us questions from our application, talked about his experiences, and what Starbucks is and what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Wage offered was $8.25 but when I was hired, wage was going up July first in California so, it is going to be $9.50. I am on track to be a shift lead in a month or two after my barista training as well.