Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Oakhurst, CA).

Interview

Met with a manager and then the district manager. Basic interview questions about skills and personality. The people I interviewed with were very nice and polite. Mostly they wanted to know about my personality and interests. They really look for people who are team players.

Interview Questions

• Experience, personality, handling situations, willingness to learn, passion for coffee, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and they called like a week later There was a little phone interview basically asking why I would want to work there.

I went to the interview I was 5mins late due to traffic, that obviously bothered them because they basically didn't show any interest in me when I showed up they weren't friendly and basically asked the question way to fast. The interview was like 10 mins not long at all. After the interview they called a week later Stating they moved on to a different allocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had got a customer upset, how did you fix it and was she/he satisfied at the end ?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I've had one interview. The process was relaxed and easy going. The manager who interviewed me asked question from a booklet. They were scenario questions. You had to give them an example of a time you've went through that situation and how you handled it. The questions were pretty basic. Always smile of course but if you laugh with the interviewer it shows that your friendly. that's what starbucks is looking for

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. I filed an online application, got a call about two weeks later about setting up interview with the general manager. After that interview I received a call about two days later then began working immediately.

Interview Questions

• How flexible is your schedule?   1 Answer
    • What made you apply to Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Entire interview was engaging and informative. The Hiring Manager spent most of the hour telling me about the company and about his staff (whom he loves and cares for dearly!). I didn't feel like there was any pressure to be anything but myself, and I believe that is why I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There are two interviews required - one with store manager, one with assistant manager. They offer you a coffee, and you sit together at a table in the store lounge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for a barista position. They simply tell you the highest hourly pay they will give you.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Quick phone screen, then in-person interview. Was asked questions related to customer service and how I dealt in fast-paced environments. About 20 minutes. I was called 5 days later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time one of your customers had a bad experience and how you addressed the situation to make it better?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was overall a great experience. When you come to an interview they offer a free drink, which is a plus. After that I sat down with the store manager and talked. Then she called me back a few days later and asked when I could start training. It was pretty easy-going.

Interview Questions

• Name an time where you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a callback within a day. There was a short phone interview, and then an in-person interview a few days later. After the successful in-person interview, there was a second interview. The process was surprisingly quick, and my interviewer was very open and friendly about the entire process. She gave lots of good feedback along the way.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you formed bonds with your coworkers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask a bunch of questions about your experience with coworkers and previous employers.
    They also ask you why you feel that you would be a good fit for Starbucks. When you apply, if they are interested they call you and set up an interview time and date. Once your there, they offer you a drink and an assistant comes out and interviews you. Then the Manager gives you a second screening.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an upset customer and you went the extra mile to satisfy them?
      What did you do?
      How do you handle high stress situations?
      Do you have cash handling experience?

Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very simple, the Manager was a little desperate.