Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied twice before and got no call. This time I called about two weeks after I applied. Asked for the hiring manager. Spoke with her. She asked a couple questions and said she would get back with me if my application looked good. Got a call within 5 minutes after hanging up to schedule an interview for the next day. Very easy interview. Asked how I handle conflict. Asked about my availability. She said she had to put me through a background check and she would get ahold of me. Called back the next day with a job offer and a day to come in for orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day that I had a phone interview that Friday - exciting how fast they got back to me. Come Friday, though, I was ready and waiting at 10 am, our scheduled time. When they hadn't called by 10:30, I decided to call them and it sounded like they had forgotten and said they would call me "right back." Well a full thirty more minutes later they finally called and aside from how rude it was to make me wait so long, the interviewer was kind and we had a good interview.
    Anyway, he said that I should come in on for a second in-person interview. Well, guess what! I arrived and nobody showed up for 45 minutes! At that point I was just annoyed and went out and told them I had been waiting so long and that it was inconsiderate of my time. Someone finally showed up 15mins later - no apology.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      Explain a time you were put in a stressful situation and how you reacted.
      Explain a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it or how you reacted.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It was very simple. They ask you questions on your ability to communicate with individuals and how you work well with people. I was apart of an organization and had success with that. Use that to help guide you

Negotiation

How much did you make at your last job?

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The manager was friendly and attentive. She started off by asking to tell het a bit about me and why i wanted to work for starbucks. Afterwards she told me her story and proceeded to posing a series of "situational" questions

Interview Questions

• "can you tell me about a time you were asked to do something that you didnt want to/couldn't do and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Was asked to walk her through my resume, she was very friendly and explained the hours of availability needed were about 8-4 for my college campus. She emailed me the next day with an answer so the process was quick.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to this job that others could not?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online and they actually called me, scheduling a time to come in for a group interview "fair" they were holding. Tip: If offered a free drink- take it! Get something easy to make (not a frappuccino, maybe iced coffee.) Did the interview, got called later for a second interview. It was a weird process after that, finding a place.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite drink and why?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I had applied and the process moved quickly. It depends on the hiring manager, but my interview was very early in the morning (cafe opens before 5am) and was more of a conversation of my previous experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a .50 raise compared to what I made at my previous cafe when I suggested.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview after several days, had a face to face interview with manager of store and then another interview with another manager of different store but for the same position.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I submitted a paper application in store to the manager. It was then followed up with a phone call to set up an in person interview. The interview was one on one with the store manager. It lasted about 15 minuted and at the end of the interview I was told I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to connect with customers about their coffee experience   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Interview

applied online. Walked in at least an hour early and bought my own drink, the manager picked up the tab for my sandwich since i already bought my drink. The whole thing as was more like a casual conversation than an interview for a job conducted on the floor, no back office no seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the Starbucks environment. The manager was kind enough to not only ask a few telling questions but give me an exact time when he would call me on the monday following no later than 17:00 (5:00 PM)

Interview Questions

• What are you look for in this job?   1 Answer
    • what was a time when you fell short of a customer's expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation