Starbucks

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.2

644 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Barista Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

Everything was great. I was given a behavioral interview and hired within a couple of days. Shortly after my interview, I was introduced to everyone, and was on the floor shortly after hiring.

Interview Questions
  • When was the last time you were new at a job, and what did you do to break the ice with your co-workers?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

I dropped my application off to a barista behind the counter, and got a call to schedule an interview a few days after! I felt very comfortable talking to the barista to whom I dropped my application off to, and also felt very welcomed when I walked into my interview later on that week! A shift supervisor interviewed me, and I got hired soon after!

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of situational/ response type of questions, but I always find that honesty is the best policy!   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Received a call about a week or two after I first applied. Short phone interview, just asked about my availability, nothing complicated it was more like a casual conversation. Scheduled a face to face interview at the location, was offered a drink while I waited. She explained the benefits and dress code, as well as what I would be doing if I got the job. Pretty simple, I wasn't really asked many questions, it was mostly just her talking. She was very friendly and the interview itself was very casual. At the end she said she would call within the next couple of days with an answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Fairly casual. Got a free drink beforehand. I just sat with the manager and went over my resume and work experience. It was more of a friendly conversation than a Q&A format. I would've accepted the job but they were looking for people to work for the next 6 months.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Put in my application for Barista online (was listed as "full-time"). The a call about a week later from the manager. He conducted a small interview, asking my why I was interested in Starbucks and what my schedule was. He then asked me to come in the following week for an interview. I met with him inside Starbucks in the cafe and he basically read the questions off of the papers he had. He informed me he needed someone part-time. The questions are basically to test your character and get an idea of how you act in the workplace, "What was a time you went above and beyond for Customer Service?" "When was a time a co-worker was not following company policy, what did you do?" "How would you deal with a co-worker you didn't get along with?"

Got a call a few days later saying he went with another candidate which was fine since I was looking for a full-time position anyway.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time a co-worker was not following company policy, what did you do?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online for about four locations and a week later i got a call back. They lady asked me a couple questions nothing too hard but being it was my first call back and i was extremely nervous, of course i didn't get the interview. "Well there's other applicants we're looking at, i'll call you if anything comes up"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Applied online to 5 locations. Got a call back from the manager the same day. Scheduled an interview for 2 days after, although she called to move interview to a different store. Interview was standard Q&A like "Why Starbucks?" etc. It was fairly casual, the manager seemed to respond positively when I talked about my past experiences. She sold it well without any fanatical zeal, so I enjoyed talking with her.

Interview Questions
    • Since I don't have much work experience, she wanted me to talk about my volunteering experience (I'm a predental student). Not difficult however.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

filled out application online and got a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. When I checked in with Barista, I was offered a drink while I waited for the manager. She told me that she just wanted to know a little about me then she would read me some questions and tell me about the company. Just basic questions like where are you from, why are you interested in this position at Starbucks, etc. Then she went through the standard interview questions like "how do you handle projects and your time" "do you work well in teams?" "what would you do if you saw an employee ding something wrong"

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem/disagreement with a manager or professor, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Online application; had to apply three or four times to even get a call back. Then I had to call the store repeatedly to get a hold of the assistant manager to solidify my interview time. She was very hard to reach and never called me back when she said she would.
    Went in and ordered my free drink. Had a little wait as they had just finished a store meeting.
    Assistant manager seemed pleasant enough. Told me the position part-time when it was listed as full-time on the website. Also said that the starting pay was $8 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict or high stress situations?   Answer Question

I currently make almost double an hour what Starbucks wanted to offer me. I was hoping for more hours and a couple dollars more in pay from them, but they were unwilling to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

I interviewed to be a barista in Tempe AZ. It was a group interview with 3-4 applicants at a time. They were also hiring for multiple stores. I dressed up for the interview but the other applicants that I was with dressed semi-casually. The interviewers were super nice and made you feel really comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the most difficult question. All the questions they asked were pretty basic and simple to answer.   Answer Question