Starbucks

Average Difficulty
553 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was very casual. I applied in-store with a written application. Within a couple weeks I was called to schedule my face to face interview. Upon arriving at the store, I was offered a free drink while waiting for the manager. When the manager was free, we sat in a secluded part of the store to have our conversation. The manager was very professional in persona, but casual in speech. The questions were very normal interview questions like "Tell me of a time when a customer was upset and you helped turn that experience around and satisfy the customer." Overall, a very easy interview if you like people.

Interview Question – Do you like coffee? What's your favorite kind?   View Answer

Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted them first, filled out the application and went to talk to the manager after 2 weeks to check on the status of my application. After that I got a call for an interview within a few days. In my particular case, we sat at a table in the store and we basically had a conversation

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer being rude to you or and other barista?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – The questions are fairly simple. You need to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm. You sit and meet different regional managers and do group questions in one of the locations.

Interview Question – They asked you about a time when you faced a challenge in a previous job where you had to tell on a coworker. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation but there is room for growth.

Florence, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied online and heard back a week or so later. I then spent several weeks hunting down my interviewer, but got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Have had some complaints about management.   Answer Question

Barista

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal. Was recommended by a friend.

Negotiation Details – Non-existent

Red Bluff, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

Interview Details – General Application, General Interview questions.

Interview Question – Name a work-related experience in which you went out of your way to provide the best customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Interview Details – The Interview process consisted of two interviews; one with the store manager of the store I was applying at, and another interview with a manager from another store. The questions require situational answers following the STAR format; Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you treated a co-worker with fairness and respect, even though they had not treated you in a similar fashion.   Answer Question
  • Please provide an example of when you delivered great customer service?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you failed to reach a customers expectations:   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer; Tell me about a time you received unexpected critical feedback about your performance. How did the feedback affect your performance?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make at work where you didn’t know the right answer or course of action.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Pay is standard + tips. Automatic raise within 3 months pending a positive rating.

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the next morning I got a call from the store manager. She left a message asking me to call back for a phone interview. I called back and was invited to come in the next evening for an in-person interview. When I arrived I was told the girl who was supposed to interview me wasn't able to that night and that I needed to return the following evening. I was given a free drink and asked a few questions informally (what is my experience, why Starbucks, etc.) and then left about 15 minutes later. The following evening I returned for my official interview and was there for about 35 minutes. She asked me VERY basic interview questions - describe yourself, what kind of experience do you have, why Starbucks, what would you do with an upset customer, what would you do if you couldn't get along with a coworker. Nothing out of the ordinary. I got a call back about a week later to get more information so they could do a background check and then another week later they called to offer me the job and have me come in to do some official paperwork stuff.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered me a rate of $7.60 an hour, told me tips average out to about another $1/hour. Also told me that after 6 months I will be reviewed by management and if all goes well they will raise it to $8/hour (so about $9/hour with tips).

Corona, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took about 1 1/2 weeks- 2 weeks to be called for a one on one interview.

Told a barista that I was there for an interview and was offered a free drink while I waited. Soon after, the interviewer came out, we shook hands she led me to a table. Questions were "how do you work in teams" "have you ever dealt with a difficult customer" "What is your availability" "are you willing to clean bathrooms" "What would you do if you had to miss work or were running late" "Can you comply with our dress code?" "why Starbucks". They also asked some questions about my volunteer experience (I have no work experience currently).

Interview overall was laid back. I felt I gave good answers to the interview questions however I'm not surprised that I wasn't called back, because I have no work experience.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just the questions listed above.   Answer Question

Barista

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – customer service questions and how to deal difficult situations

Interview Question – tell me an experience about a customer you tried to resolve but couldnt   Answer Question