Starbucks Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from a Starbucks hiring manager for an interview. It was the first time I got a job interview offer after applying to various places. The interview was pretty standard. The hiring manager asked me what I would do in certain situations, my availability, etc. Even though this was my first interview, the hiring manager made the interview seem like a conversation, though it lasted about 5-10 minutes only. Overall, the experience was positive; I doubt that I'll get the job offer, but I think the interview was good preparation for future job interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you saw another person slacking off, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and didn't hear back within a week, so I followed up in person. The manager said she would be happy to schedule an interview, and that she would call me to set up an interview when she got her schedule for the next week. However, I never heard from her, and had to follow up again to get an interview.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager and told him about my work history, as well as answered a few scenario questions. The manager was extremely laid back and offered me a higher pay rate than most current employees since I agreed to open at 5AM.

Interview Questions

• Describe your tasks at the previous jobs, and how they reflect on what you'll be doing here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

We sat down for coffee and the interviewer asked basic questions you'd expect at any customer service job. (How many years experience, what is your highest level of experience, give one example of problem solving with customers etc)

Interview Questions

• If you could describe your biggest strength and biggest weakness, how would you describe them   1 Answer

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager and we really just chatted about ourselves. She offered me a free beverage which I took, I figured it'd look good to know the beverages. She wanted to figure out my personality and if I would thrive in a fast-paced, high stress environment.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted via phone to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was standard and lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was decided that I would start at the company as a barista in order to learn how the company functioned from the ground up. This would have been an excellent strategy had the training I received been anything more than a joke.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Walpole, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by brief in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult and I didn't find anything to be unexpected.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Wakefield, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Went to a mass hiring event where I was greeted by many staff members. After a 1st interview with standard questions, I was asked to stay for a 2nd, with a little more specific questions and after that process, I was given an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very casual, dressed as if I were working there with a coat on. Manager asked all about my life and about 5 general interview questions ( Name a time in your life you...) I was offered the position during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life you received unexpected feedback for your something you had done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Saugus, MA).

Interview

I Interviewed about 3 times, it was less than typical. Most people will interview twice and get an offer. This manager was a little less than productive. The best manager I had would have the ASM interview and then if the candidate sparked their interest the SM would then interview. It seems fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• I don't have a most difficult or unexpected question but the format of the interview is what they call SARI: Situation, Action, Result, Interesting fact. Any question asked goes something like, "describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer, or employee". Answer it in less than a couple minutes. Describe the situation, feel free to use names, they won't know these people, state what you did, what the other person did, and for the interesting fact that is basically what they take out of the situation and could be a follow up question based on something you said. It is easier to state something like, " if I had to do it again, I would probably approach it this way..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You start at 8$ for barista and after 6 months you get bumped to 8.80. Shift Supervisor is a little higher.