Starbucks Interview Questions in California

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

We did the interview outside of the store and it was very easy-going, you have to be calm and relaxed. The baristas already working there will offer you a drink on the house, take it, but do not go too crazy with the order. Be prepared for costumer service questions. She said she would call me friday and she called wednesday and got the job. If they give you a definite date on when they call you're most likely hired. SMILE AND BE OUTGOING, and call the store manager or email him/her to seem more interested, that is how I got the interview. It took 2 1/2 weeks for her to get back to me for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What product, other than Starbucks, do you enjoy? (tell them) Now sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Why Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time when you were treated unfair and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Orange, CA).

Interview

I walked into a Starbucks that was doing an interview session for about two hours. You could sign up for a time slot and then you'd get interviewed by a regional store manager. I met a store manager who asked me a few basic questions about why I wanted to work at Starbucks, what my former work history was like, and whether or not I would do well in a fast-paced environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a coffee company, particular Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very straightforward questions. I didn't have to dress in a full blown business suit. My advice is to have confidence and show that you are able to have a casual conversation with anybody.

Interview Questions

• If there are two customers approaching you at the same time, who do you help first.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then a week later i went into one of the stores i had applied to and dropped off a resume and i was asked why i wanted to work there. About another week later, they called me and went through a short phone interview and then i was able to set up an "official" interview later that week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me and set me up for an interview, I showed up about 15 min early and then about 5 girls showed up after. The manager was really nice and called us out to go into another room. There was about 6 managers interviewing us, asking is basic questions. They were really friendly and down to earth, and they tried to make conversation. Overall it was great. After my interview, about an hour later I got a call from them offering me the position. I was super surprised because they had told us that we would know if we got the job within a week or two. So I guess I did really good !

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Burlingame, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, i can choose up to four-five locations. The next day i got called from one. They told me to go in for an interview. I went in for the interview. I was asked if i wanted a coffee, i accepted manager told me to sit, i sat down and the manager sat with me and asked me questions. He told me i was a good fit but he was going to call my references and my past jobs and hevwas going to go off based on that. He asked basic questions.

Shift Lead, Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Casual setting, literally sitting next to customers while the interview happens. I met with the Store Manager as well as the Assistant Store Manager. They offered me a drink while i waited for them to get prepared (TAKE THE DRINK!). The interview took no more than 20 minutes. They informed me that they would be calling me back when they reached a decision and they did!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a coworker disrespect you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had someone tell you on the job that you weren't doing something right or was constantly cutting you down on your work? Explain.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Very simple, direct, and friendly. Fill an application online and check off all the stores in your area and you application will show in their system. You schedule an interview when you receive the call back. To up your chances of call back, after the application online, come in store and talk directly to the manager and hand off your resume. I suggest a black collard shirt, black slacks or khakis, and black shoes (our uniform). Depending on the manager you will have a coffee tasting and may or may not learn how to have one properly according to Starbucks. They'll ask questions. You can ask questions. High five you interviewed!

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks? Tell me a little about yourself What is a time you had trouble with a customer and how did you handle it? What do you know about coffee? Describe a time you had to create a solution to a problem. And a few more I suggest after the round of questions you ask: Why is Starbucks right for me? Benefits? Pay rate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Schedule negotiation is all there is.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

I submitted the online application and 2 days later was called briefly by one of the 5 locations I applied to. We scheduled an interview that same day. I showed up 15 minutes early and the manager who had called me was dressed super casually and was working with an employee to set up some new merchandise. I offered to help, but she declined. She spent about 5 minutes doing that while I waited. The interview itself was very casual, and most of the questions were problem solving questions tailored to what I told her I do (tutoring and theatre). She was very nice, casual and friendly for the whole interview, which was about 15 minutes. She told me I would know in a few days, and a few days later she called and said they decided to go with a different candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you get your tutoring students to respect you?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a piece of advice you learned from theatre that you still use to this day?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Starbucks?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Orange, CA).

Interview

Very informal and quick. I dressed in a suit. One on one with the manager inside the store. He printed my resume. and said that he was hiring for a variety of locations. the location that I was interviewing at was not necessarily the store I would be working. Tell me about yourself ( i hate this question) , why Starbucks? I highly suggest knowing about the company and what they stand for prior to the interview- the manager was very impressed of my knowledge. Be spunky and not dull. It is a very very fast paced environment- highlight this type of environment your previous experiences . Team work is key.