Starbucks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Bedford, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process for this position was not a traditional process since most of the time the promotions are in house. The hardest part is finding a manage who will help you succeed and get promoted up. You will have to give examples from in store experience and leadership skills.

Interview Question – why should you be given a store to manage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negation.

Colleyville, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through a phone call from the store manager and asked to come in for an interview. I arrived on time, and was asked to order a drink for free (it's kind of a trick, they want to see how interested you are in coffee). The store manager and I sat down and she told me about her background and then asked me about mine (what wasn't mentioned in my resume). It was very casual and laid back. After that she proceeded to ask me a lot of situational questions, such as, "Tell me about a time..." There are pages of these questions, but they don't always ask all of them.

Interview Question – How have you grown the most this past year?   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Flower Mound, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the store manager. She gave me a free coffee and asked me mostly about my previous experience. She wanted to know most about my character and how I handle problems or conflicts.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions for me were the ones involving how I respond to certain coworkers. This is just because I'd never had a job.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lewisville, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2009.

Interview Details – Every interview I was apart of dealt with specific scenario questions related to an experience I personally had that was relevant to the job role. Management also highly values learning experiences over hero stories, so don't be afraid to talk about a negative experience you took part in and what you learned from it.

Interview Question – What do you like about coffee or what do you like about Starbucks stores type questions were difficult for me because there doesn't seem to be a correct answer but a correct way to phrase the answer so that they can see you are passionate about coffee.   View Answer

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in November 2012.

Interview Details – I got called that same day considering that I applied at the right time in season before the big holiday rushes, and set up an interview for that week.
During the interview my manager asked about my life and hobbies and what I did in certain situations, etc. Lots of situational questions.

Interview Question – I sort of flubbed this question but was asked about a tough situation I got caught in at a previous job and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was asked how much I got paid and she was determined to beat it and give me a good pay and took in account my work experience.

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Starbucks-Barista
DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Applications are made online only. After applying, I stopped by the four stores I'd selected as preferred locations to introduce myself with the store managers. I explained my recent layoff, my desire for part-time work, and that I would be attending university. Each manager asked thoughtful questions about my availability and ability to do the job, and each interview ended on a positive note, even though some were not ready to hire anyone within the next two weeks.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Lewisville, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone screening a couple of days later. Set up an interview for the end of the week. Arrived and they asked if I would like free drink while I waited. We went outside for the interview and they asked basic questions. Said the would give me a call on Monday one way or the other and that never happened. Realized that I didn't want to work my butt off for slightly above minimum wage and tiny tips so I didn't call either.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation in which you failed.   Answer Question

Regional Vice President Interview

Regional Vice President
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2008.

Interview Details – My future boss flew into Dallas and we met in a hotel and talked about my background and experience. Great interview. I then flew to Seattle and interviewed with about eight different executives all asking questions about their area of expertise. All were extremely nice and it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your relationship with coffee.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2011.

Interview Details – I instantly felt uncomfortable. It was a very small and busy environment, and the employees seemed uptight. I had thought of my answers for frequently asked interview questions and wrote them down. It was akward, she never smiled or laughed, it was more like a teacher, student session not a conversation. There were two managers, and they asked every "tell me about a time" question that exist. They wanted specific answers. If you did not have a specific time they would not move on. You could not just say what you usually do, or may do in the situtation. I left feeling that I did not care if they called, after I had thought this would be a dream job for me.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply here?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager?   Answer Question
  • What would you like to drink? (they are checking to see if you drink coffee well enough to order a fancy one)   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you gave bad customer service and what you did to make the customer happy.   Answer Question

Arlington, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – Truthfully this is just like any other Food and Hospitality job with the same low wage. The only advantage is the easy access to health benefits, which is what I needed at the time of my application. They accept so many online applications that very very few will ever be looked at. The way to get this job is to come in dressed nicely and ask to see the actual store manager, not the shift manager. Don't bother talking to anyone else. You're best bet is to try weekday mornings around 9 am, especially Mondays. It might behoove you to know the manager's name ahead of time and to ask for them directly. Bring a resumé, enthusiasm and a big smile. Tell them you want to learn the coffee business, that you have wide open availability, ask if their location is hiring, and hand them your resumé. Availability is key. They will likely tell you to apply online, but if you have given them a good enough first impression they will actually go looking through the directory for you. Tell them that you will fill it out today if you haven't already and that they can find it at whatever time. Beyond that, there's nothing more you can really do other than to know someone who can vouch for you.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.