Starbucks Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy went in for the interview talked to the last forca lil bit went to fill out paperwork then I got reviewed Bon wat the company is about n thinks like that got hired on the spot had to have a background check n that was about it

Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Rowlett, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to many different Starbucks around my area. I called one and she told me she would look up my application and call back the next day. Two days went by and i called them back. She remembered me and told me to come in for an interview that same day at 5. I went in and i told the workers i was there for an interview. They went to the back to get the manager and she came out 10 minutes later. She asked behavior questions, questions like "what would you do if..." or "how would you solve this...". After the interview she told me she would call me that night to set up a second interview. But she also warned me that if she doesn't call, to call Monday (it was Wednesday) and reminder her. She did not call, so i will call Monday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you received negative feedback for a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I submitted a paper application (they only do online applications now), and then followed up in person a couple of times after a few days. I was given a VERY casual interview by the assistant manager, then received a phone call later that day for a second interview with the store manager. The second interview was also very casual. I was mostly asked about previous customer service experience, what my schedule was like, and when I could start working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a very difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was basically told the starting pay rate for a barista (this was in 2004) was $7.00/hr not including tips.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Well I walked in, was told to sit down. Waited for forever till the manager came out. He had a sloppy notebook with a bunch of notes in it. The whole time he asked me questions I came back with very informed answers. I had researched a lot, and went in with a great and personable attitude, expecting great things. As I talked to him, I noticed him looking away a LOT. Looking around the store, very ADD like. It was annoying. I ended up leaving not even wanting the job. Shook his hand and never went back. He was extremely rude and had an attitude when he did speak.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Got a call from hiring place, and they told me to come for an interview. Got interviewed by the manager and got the job on the spot. Went through 2 weeks of training then i started the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, took salary and worked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Flower Mound, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I had one interview with the store manager. She gave me a free coffee and asked me mostly about my previous experience. She wanted to know most about my character and how I handle problems or conflicts.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions for me were the ones involving how I respond to certain coworkers. This is just because I'd never had a job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Colleyville, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through a phone call from the store manager and asked to come in for an interview. I arrived on time, and was asked to order a drink for free (it's kind of a trick, they want to see how interested you are in coffee). The store manager and I sat down and she told me about her background and then asked me about mine (what wasn't mentioned in my resume). It was very casual and laid back. After that she proceeded to ask me a lot of situational questions, such as, "Tell me about a time..." There are pages of these questions, but they don't always ask all of them.

Interview Questions

• How have you grown the most this past year?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Bedford, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring process for this position was not a traditional process since most of the time the promotions are in house. The hardest part is finding a manage who will help you succeed and get promoted up. You will have to give examples from in store experience and leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• why should you be given a store to manage?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Plano, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Got asked questions about the experience I have, and how much I know about the product. I also was asked why do I want to be a barista? They were very kind and inviting, got a lot of one on one training one morning about how to handle customers, coworkers etc and how the store is run.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks (DFW, TX).

Interview

Applications are made online only. After applying, I stopped by the four stores I'd selected as preferred locations to introduce myself with the store managers. I explained my recent layoff, my desire for part-time work, and that I would be attending university. Each manager asked thoughtful questions about my availability and ability to do the job, and each interview ended on a positive note, even though some were not ready to hire anyone within the next two weeks.