Starbucks

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

First it was a phone interview, pretty basic and simple. Then i had a interview with two area managers inside a StarBucks. Very lad back they where very friendly and put me at ease. They give you a free drink. You also do a coffee tasting. I didnt know much about coffee at the time and I let them know that and they started teaching me right away. So you do learn a little in the interview.

Interview Questions
very easy to handle all around.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starbucks.

Multiple interviews while going through screening. All interview Questions are behavioral based. All questions will start with "tell me about a time". Interview will be with recruiting, HR, and finally operations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you received unsolicited feedback?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

one interview with the regional director and one phone interview with the Regional Vice President; very comfortable process. I was an internal candidate so my District Manager at the time helped prep me quite well. For external candidates, it can be difficult as there is typically a panel interview via phone first.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview process, (Situation, Action, Result, Interesting Fact)   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Two phone interviews and a series of in person interviews through each step of the process. The first in person interview was a group interview with two partners taking turns asking the probing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time when you had to deal with a difficult employee or guest and how did you address the concerns and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Apply online and interview with 2 Regional Directors. Be prepared to answer behavioral-based interview questions. The process takes about 1.5 hours for the interview, and some additional time before with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a project you were involved in that was failing to meet its objectives.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Phone screen, online job test, interview with rd, interview with RVP, situational interview questions, star interview format, focus on the competences such as leadership, teamwork, developing people, customer service and having business acumen

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

First interview with recruiter was very generic, 2nd interview with recruiter was behavior based questions, asking to give examples of coaching and follow up. At this point, there wasn't a position open, but simply interviewing in case an opportunity opened up.

The follow up was my initiative; both email and voice mail. After applying on-line and not hearing anything, I'd found the recruiter and sent an email with my resume attached in order to get an interview. Same thing after both interviews, I'd needed to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • After reviewing an example of a less than positve customer experience and how I'd resolved the issue and coached the team, the recruiter asked ..... what did you do? It was as if they hadn't been listening.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

I applied on line and did not hear anything for over a month, then I was called and a phone interview was conducted for about 1 hour. The standard behavioral questions were asked and then I was told I was going to meet with Regional Managers for a in person interview. Everyone I met with and over the phone were super nice, very pleasant and overall a good experience.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Starbucks.

extraordinary and amazing from the very first encounter!!!! My recruiter was patient and very thorough, and I felt the warmth and passion of each individual that I interviewed with.... there were a few! And, that is awesome, too! Starbucks values its existing teams so much that they take the time to screen and scrutinize each candidate. I loved every bit of my onboarding experience!!!

Interview Questions
    • I think that most were standard. The questions are behavioral, and I liked that part because it forces candidates to really pull from their experiences versus hypotheticals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Submit your resume, then you will be asked to take an online assessment, then you will meet with a panel of people. I met with Regional director and the Human Resource manager. The environment was friendly. The questions they ask are behavioral and experiential. Everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted more than one hour. Approximately 15 people interviewed for the position. I heard back after one week. The HR person walked me through what the next steps would be. The RD made the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent example of how you uplifted a peer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you coached your manager? What did you coach and what was the outcome or result?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.