Starbucks District Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

3.4

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Apply online and interview with 2 Regional Directors. Be prepared to answer behavioral-based interview questions. The process takes about 1.5 hours for the interview, and some additional time before with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a project you were involved in that was failing to meet its objectives.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Phone screen, online job test, interview with rd, interview with RVP, situational interview questions, star interview format, focus on the competences such as leadership, teamwork, developing people, customer service and having business acumen

Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

I applied on line and did not hear anything for over a month, then I was called and a phone interview was conducted for about 1 hour. The standard behavioral questions were asked and then I was told I was going to meet with Regional Managers for a in person interview. Everyone I met with and over the phone were super nice, very pleasant and overall a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2009.

Follows behavioral interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2009.

Starbucks uses behaviorial interview questions. The questions will cover the Starbucks Core Competencies: Puts the Customer First, Leads Courageously, Works Well With Others, Develops Continuously, and Achieves Results. They are looking for specific examples that provide a situation, the action you took to address the issue, the result, and what you learned from it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict with a team member. A time when there was friction between you and another person.What was the reason for the conflict? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Submit your resume, then you will be asked to take an online assessment, then you will meet with a panel of people. I met with Regional director and the Human Resource manager. The environment was friendly. The questions they ask are behavioral and experiential. Everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted more than one hour. Approximately 15 people interviewed for the position. I heard back after one week. The HR person walked me through what the next steps would be. The RD made the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a recent example of how you uplifted a peer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you coached your manager? What did you coach and what was the outcome or result?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Starbucks.

extraordinary and amazing from the very first encounter!!!! My recruiter was patient and very thorough, and I felt the warmth and passion of each individual that I interviewed with.... there were a few! And, that is awesome, too! Starbucks values its existing teams so much that they take the time to screen and scrutinize each candidate. I loved every bit of my onboarding experience!!!

Interview Questions
    • I think that most were standard. The questions are behavioral, and I liked that part because it forces candidates to really pull from their experiences versus hypotheticals.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

The process is long and very thorough, it has taken over four weeks so far. 5 interviews. First was applying online, take a personality accessment and answer some general p&l questions, all which takes about 1 hour. About 3 days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I accepted ,all behavior based questions, that went well so three days later was scheduled for another phone interview with regional partner resource mgr., that went well again all behavior based questions , about 3 days later I was contacted and scheduled for an in person panel interview, we had a coffee tasting, then more behavior based interview questions, that went well so I was contacted by the recruiter to start the background check process which can take over a week. They check everything , education, criminal history, previous employers, income levels, credit, driving history. During this time while the background was running they set up a final in person panel interview with the regional vice president and the director of partner resources, another coffee tasting and this was a much harder interview than the rest. Possibly because this one I was nervous at. You must be honest and really prepare for these interviews and know a lot about he companies history and culture. Very partner oriented and customer focused. I am currently on week 5 of interviews awaiting the background results. All interviews finished and crossing fingers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? Why Starbucks? What are a couple of your strengths? What are a couple of your weaknesses? Tell me about a time you successfully motivated your staff? Tell me about a time you couldn't motivate your staff? What is your greatestest professional accomplishment? What was your biggest failure? And more behavior based questions.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

I submitted my resume on line and was called by the recruiter about 2 wks later. I had a phone interview that was situational based which lasted about 30 minutes. The recruiter then gave details about the type of person they were looking for. I was asked to attend a face to face interview the following week. I arrived at a starbucks and was interviewed in a conference room by the Regional Director. The interview was again situational based and lasted over an hour. I was told to expect a followup call the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult but be prepared to give examples of customer service, handling difficult employees and how do you motivate your team..etc.   Answer Question

I was offered a lesser role to gain more experience with the company with an expectation of a future DM position. Declined as this is was not the position that I interviewed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Starbucks.

Excessive number of interviews. More than ten in total over the course of 4-5 months.

Very small range for salary counter offer. No relocation assistance. Good follow up and immersion program after getting through the large number of interviews.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!