Starbucks Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was okay i applied and got a phone call probably a day or two later the manager asked to meet with her face to face we laughed and talked and we ended the interview with her saying i will call you and i never received one and called the location and one of the baristas said she is still in the interviewe process i dont know what that meant but i will call her next week to see if iam still under consideration for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got called for and interview the very next day. The guy that interviewed me was very nice and said that it was gonna just a casual interview. The interview was basically just a casual conversation and him randomly asking me how I feel about different things and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was in the store that hired me almost everyday as a regular customer. In fact, I was there so often that the manager asked me if I wanted to work there one day when they were short staffed on the floor. Stores are ALWAYS having issues with staffing turnover and good partner retention due to the fact that barista jobs are temporary/transitional in the minds of almost everyone that applies to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received unexpected, critical feedback about your performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed with the Assistant Manager. It was your typical interview - she asked for examples of previous customer issues and how I handled them. I had several scenarios that I used. I was employed at my previous employer for almost eight years, so there were many mishaps, irate clients, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario at your previous empl, yer when encountered an irate customer,How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Assistant Manager; at the location that I was seeking for employment. We sat outside and she asked me to describe my last couple of jobs,,,,,what did I like and dislike about them. She also ensured that I understood that they were hiring for the opening shift which requires being at work at 3;30 am. We spent about 30 minutes doing the interview and then she explained that the only thing that we had to wait on was the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Starbucks? What skill set do you have to offer Starbucks? Are you available to work the opening shift that starts at 3:30 am? Are you aware that our schedules are only set for a week at a time and can sometimes change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating, the hourly pay was ecxlained up front as was the shift that they required coverage for.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online to several Starbucks within a certain area, got a call from my first choice a couple days later. Came in for an interview the next day, dressed nice but casual. Staff and manager were very friendly and informal, they offered me a free drink and we just had the interview at a table in the corner. Questions were to be expected - what I hope to gain from working at Starbucks, past experience with customer service, give an example of a time I had to deal with an unhappy customer/conflict, etc. This was my first real customer service-oriented job so some questions did not apply all that well to me, but I did my best to talk about another experience that seemed relevant (like conflict resolution in a group project at school) and the manager was fine with this. I had applied for a part time summer job, and was offered on the spot after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you received unexpected criticism, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very conversational. The longer the interviewer the better. The interviewer did not ask a billion questions, they just want to get to know WHO you are. They do offer you a coffee. Always accept, but do not make it to complicated. If you do not like coffee or have never tried it, ask for a blonde roast or a caramel machiatto.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None available.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in less than 24 hours by a recruiter who asked basic pre screening questions such as pay and work experience. She asked me to go online and take the "virtual job try out" which is actually pretty neat. It does take about an hour. It puts the manager in different situations such as managing and coaching employees, managing customer complaints and managing financials and PnL. It's pretty easy if you have some prior restaurant experience. Upon completion She emailed me the following day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same recruiter and was a pretty easy process and only 30 minutes long. She said she wanted to reach out and get some internal references as I had previously worked for the company as an hourly employee in college 8 years prior. The following day she scheduled an in person interview with a district manager at a Starbucks location close to my house. This was another easy interview. He asked similar question to what the recruiter had asked me in my phone interview. I submitted a background check but no drug test.

Negotiation

When we discussed my salary which at the time was 60K. I knew that was well above average for the position and told him I was willing and open to discuss anything. He told me very frankly that $60K was out of their range. They would love to have me but that I needed to really consider what I could afford to accept. That was disappointing to hear as I expected the offer to be significantly less than what I wanted to settle for. The same day the recruiter called me to submit my background. The next day she called with an offer. She offered me the max salary for the position which was $56.5K. According to their policy if your salary is maxed out at your position they will still give you a full merit increase in the form of a bonus. I gladly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Super easy questions. The interview process was simple retail questions and she asked me about my prior experience. The entire interview was fairly short and I overall got a cold feeling from the interviewer but I needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer? And how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

quick n easy didnt have to try very hard. i regret it now. thiis job is for hs childern. this job is seriously stressful, and you learn quickly that you can’t succeed by yourself. The connections I made with my Starbucks coworkers were forged in the fires of stress, panic, and eggnog burns; I know they’ll last a lifetime.