Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015
2,023 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM! Read this 2 minutes script. "Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available. If the manager is there. "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper." Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store. Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up an interview appointment. Dress your best as you should for any interview. You're offered any drink. I would accept it. Why, because you're going to be one of the biggest promoters of this company's product. If you don't drink accept a free product for the company you're applying for it shows lack of passion and excitement. If you're honest, have great work ethic, happy most the time, and like people this interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   2 Answers
    • Name the hardest problem you came across, and explain you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who works with the company. The interview process was pretty straight forward. I applied online and received a call about a week later. Then interviewed one on one with the hiring manager. Then I was placed into a group interview. My situation was a little different because I applied for any store in my area and the group interview was for multiple stores.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you witnessed dishonesty?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Apply online, bring in resume, after getting a call back for an interview show up to interview in business attire, prepare before. They will ask about you, why do you want to work for Starbucks, then jump into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time that you received unexpected critical feedback. How did you react? How did this effect your performance?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Interviewed by Managers at a job fair inside a store. Because of my experience and interest in management I moved on in the process to interview with District Manager. That interview was several days later also inside a store. I was offered a position pending successful background check and references checking out.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The initial interview was a group interview. Those who stood out were interviewed individually with a store manager at a later date. The individual was as comfortable as an interview can be -- not awkward, uncomfortable questions.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long, I do not remember other than they were related to experience, personality, and outlook.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I may have been able to negotiate a few extra pennies to the hourly wage. I do not remember.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN).

Interview

They like to make the interview about your personality and try to see how bubbly and smiley you can be. If you are not a normally happy or talkative person, this job isn't for you.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

You apply online and it is recommended you follow up with a call to the store you applied to. From there they set up a time to meet with the manager. Interview was relatively short in the store.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes to your register and tells you their drink they purchased yesterday was made incorrectly, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I came in with my resume. My manager was there that day and gave me an on the spot interview. Asked basic questions. Make sure you dress up and do not wear jeans.

Interview Questions

• What customer service background do you have? Tell me about your favorite coffee beverage? How is your time management? Are you open to closing and opening the store?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview. Talked to me briefly about what the position would entail. Asked me about my previous work experience and the hours that I was available. Said he had a lot of other people to screen and he would be in touch