Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
1,549 Interview Reviews

2.4

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

No negotiations.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Simple and enjoyable process. Manager was quick to communicate. Went into the store and chatted with the manager. Then had two interviews. After that I was informed I was waiting on my background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used great customer service?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Met two district managers at a Starbucks and felt at ease and actually was a really great experience. They both asked me situational questions. I.e. Describe a time when you had to say no to something, and what was the outcome.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and they called like a week later There was a little phone interview basically asking why I would want to work there.

I went to the interview I was 5mins late due to traffic, that obviously bothered them because they basically didn't show any interest in me when I showed up they weren't friendly and basically asked the question way to fast. The interview was like 10 mins not long at all. After the interview they called a week later Stating they moved on to a different allocate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had got a customer upset, how did you fix it and was she/he satisfied at the end ?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online and received a call to set up an interview appointment. Dress your best as you should for any interview. You're offered any drink. I would accept it. Why, because you're going to be one of the biggest promoters of this company's product. If you don't drink accept a free product for the company you're applying for it shows lack of passion and excitement. If you're honest, have great work ethic, happy most the time, and like people this interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   View Answer
    • Name the hardest problem you came across, and explain you handled that situation.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Quick and easy. Asked basic interview questions. They offered me a drink before I started and asked me why I got it. Be friendly and amiable that is what they are looking for in a barista. Be calm and relaxed. Also ask if that particular store you are apply for is hiring at the moment.

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

I've had one interview. The process was relaxed and easy going. The manager who interviewed me asked question from a booklet. They were scenario questions. You had to give them an example of a time you've went through that situation and how you handled it. The questions were pretty basic. Always smile of course but if you laugh with the interviewer it shows that your friendly. that's what starbucks is looking for

Product Manager Interview

The interview process took about 2 months, and they asked mostly behavioral questions. Mostly, they are looking for a cultural fit. There were two rounds of interviews (an initial and a final around) and the final round was almost a full day, with various one-on-one meetings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Met with a manager and then the district manager. Basic interview questions about skills and personality. The people I interviewed with were very nice and polite. Mostly they wanted to know about my personality and interests. They really look for people who are team players.

Interview Questions
    • Experience, personality, handling situations, willingness to learn, passion for coffee, etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied on their website. I was emailed a virtual job tryout. I guess I answered in line with their beliefs because I received an email for a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement change into your organization?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for a new position?   Answer Question
    • How many people have you managed in the past?   Answer Question
    • Do you hire and recruit at your current position and how do you go about finding a diverse pool of people?   Answer Question

Could no negotiate a salary.