Starbucks Barista Interview Questions

1,435 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,435 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM! Read this 2 minutes script. "Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available. If the manager is there. "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper." Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store. Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up an interview appointment. Dress your best as you should for any interview. You're offered any drink. I would accept it. Why, because you're going to be one of the biggest promoters of this company's product. If you don't drink accept a free product for the company you're applying for it shows lack of passion and excitement. If you're honest, have great work ethic, happy most the time, and like people this interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   2 Answers
    • Name the hardest problem you came across, and explain you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   1 Answer

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Farmingdale, NY).

Interview

I went in to my interview and I was very nervous. Asked for the manager when I got there and I was immediately offered a free drink. Accept it, but do not go overboard. Then I was told to go take a seat and that he would be with me in a minute. He asked me about myself and about my prior experience. The inerview was very easy and just felt like a nice conversation. He explained that it was his first week there and also told me all about the dress code. He explained the process as well if I did get a call back and said he would let me know within a few days. Overall the interview was very nice, he just never called me back so theres that.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I applied online and then called the hiring manager to see her in person. She saw me later that day and was very happy that I called to see her. She told me that she would call me in a month when they go through a hiring cycle again.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Apply online, bring in resume, after getting a call back for an interview show up to interview in business attire, prepare before. They will ask about you, why do you want to work for Starbucks, then jump into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time that you received unexpected critical feedback. How did you react? How did this effect your performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who works with the company. The interview process was pretty straight forward. I applied online and received a call about a week later. Then interviewed one on one with the hiring manager. Then I was placed into a group interview. My situation was a little different because I applied for any store in my area and the group interview was for multiple stores.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you witnessed dishonesty?   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

You apply online and it is recommended you follow up with a call to the store you applied to. From there they set up a time to meet with the manager. Interview was relatively short in the store.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes to your register and tells you their drink they purchased yesterday was made incorrectly, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I came in with my resume. My manager was there that day and gave me an on the spot interview. Asked basic questions. Make sure you dress up and do not wear jeans.

Interview Questions

• What customer service background do you have? Tell me about your favorite coffee beverage? How is your time management? Are you open to closing and opening the store?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview. Talked to me briefly about what the position would entail. Asked me about my previous work experience and the hours that I was available. Said he had a lot of other people to screen and he would be in touch

Anonymous Employee in South Amboy, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (South Amboy, NJ).

Interview

It was very fast. The starbucks I worked at was managed by another company--one of those travel companies that own franchises of different stores. I spoke with the manager, turned in an application, got a call the next day. They ask for a drug test, some proper ID, otherwise, it's pretty much the same as any other fast food job. By next week, I was starting training.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my schedule and if I was willing to work some weekends.   1 Answer