Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
1,579 Interview Reviews

2.4

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2009.

Interview

I filled out an app online, submitted my resume and did the assessment online, then I got called for a phone interview. UGH! Behavioral questions over the phone! Describe a time...... Specify a time at work..... A time I can remember.....
    I've never had a behavioral phone interview. Usually it's a pre-screen or mini interview over the phone and then most companies do behavioral in person, if they do behavioral at all. Not to toot my own horn or be conceded, but if I get an interview I get on offer, like 75% of the time. Not this time. There was no discussion of my abilities, how many stores I'm responsible for, or my experience, it was all lame open ended questions that went nowhere. Very awkward, which is extremely unusual for me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starbucks (Fresno, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I fell through a crack... I talked to a great DM named Rob who got me in contact with another DM. I interviewed for any management position, had a great interview, and then waited for the district manager to get back from vacation. She was supposed to be back in 5 days but it got stretched for 3 weeks before it was found out she was no longer with the company. I then got back with Rob who got me an interview with the head office for an Assistant Manager position (which I would have loved) but was turned down for the position. After another call to Rob and another interview I was offered a full time barista position. I took it in with a promise of moving up quickly provided I do well.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a great customer experience & a legendary customer experience   2 Answers

Negotiation

grueling for reasons beyond most peoples control I assume.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2011.

Interview

the interview was a behavioral interview with a district manager at a local Starbucks. if you are interviewing do yourself a favor and research behavioral interviewing. They are looking for positive people that dont mind being confrontational(ie:coaching conversations), works well with others, multi tasking, sales driven, problem solvers, ect...

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer came to you with a problem and hey left unsatisfied.   1 Answer

asked for more $ and was granted my request...

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Liberty Lake, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had to wait foreverrrr for the manager. When she finally came out she was like tell me about you self, why do you want to work here, and do you have any questions? SHORTEST STUPIDEST INTERVIEW OF MY LIFE. She said she would get back to me but she would be interviewing for this one 20hr/week position all through the next couple weeks. I never got a call...

Construction Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview for 1 time only, and the interview for 2 hours and questioned more than 50 questions in technicial related. also question your favorite drink too. Interviewer have good knowledge in real estate and construction and facilities managment. communication skill and leadership skill is necessary too. prepare yourself to show your knowledge in all round in the industry, also will ask you the question what would you like to do if you are hired in the first 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite drink in starbucks   1 Answer

no career prospect with this position

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Tracy, CA).

Interview

Progressive interviewing process at Starbucks. You can have between 3 and 4 interviews, all ranging from other Store Managers, to District Managers up to the Regional Manager. You may even have a panel interview. The questions asked are mostly scenario focusing on behavioral and situational responses. Being able to give examples as to what approach you may have taken in the scenario, how responsive you were with your actions and then being able to give an example as to the results of your actions. There are a minimum of FIVE areas they ask you questions in regards to, ranging from leadership, development, working with others, customers and attaining results.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, which would you be and why?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Matteson, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, didn't get a call for a week, decided to call each one I applied to back and every one said that same thing but two ladies pretended like they couldn't hear me but they could hear me perfectly fine before I asked about my application.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Olney, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

It took me 3 years to be promoted to Assistant manager. failed 3 interviews by 6 different district managers who don't know your worth ethic or you. very nerve wracking. Once i got to assistant the training is short and horrible. I did not get to finish training i don't think. I was a manager with my own store for over a year and got a DM who failed my on my last interview and had to come back and tell me I was promoted after a "round table discussion". After this she had a vendetta. Never had write ups before this and she gave me 3 over a 6 month period and was terminated. I wrote howard shultz a letter and partner resources contacted me back. not Howard. I tried to fight for my job but even though I was there 7 years and believe I was wrongfully terminated they didn't care. I now have to find a new career at age 37. The interview process is ridiculous. Good luck if you want anything quickly.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions they make difficult. They want to hear how you got out of a tough situation. You may not have had one so you have to make up a situation just to answer the question. My store manager had to coach me on how to answer the questions with the "Starbuck's Lingo". Pretty ridiculous. If you thought you answered the questions perfectly. you didn't! You probably failed. They do not pass anyone on their first interview! remember "It's JUST coffee!"   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in February 2011.

Interview

Be specific in answering questions. STAR your answers. Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be very cal , they want to know you can keep it together when things get hairy. Think spock...try to answer the questions as logical as posible..keep it simple and dont forget to star your answers

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you failed to meet the customers expectations. What happened? What did you do to fix it and what was the end result?   1 Answer

Rather not say

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Interview

Was a sign in the shop asking for staff and to ask someone. They said print off the application and bring it in with a CV. I did this. A few days later got a call (on a Sunday) offering to coming in for an interview the next day.
    They gave me a list of questions to rate myself on (eg. how caring would you say you are...) and then afterwards discussed these. Wasn't anything I had prepared for (Why Starbucks, why this job?, tell me a time worked in a team... etc) so it really threw me, and it was only my 3rd ever interview
    also I was REALLY nervous as I really really really wanted this job :(

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions on the sheet were hard as I didn't really understand some of the words in the sentences they used it eg. optimise.
      Also the interviewer had a really strong accent which I found hard to understand which didn't help

1 Answer