Starbucks

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
1,199 candidate interviews

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

Interview Details – typical interview questions, resume review, the interview mostly consisted of discussing compensation and when i could start.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard. Tell me about yourself. What have you heard about the company. Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I was promoted up through company in 17 months, I began as a shift supervisor.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, I was satisfied with offer.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I had submitted my application when they used to be on paper in 2007. I was called back a week after to the number I had left on the application for the barista position. I made an appointment for the interview and was interviewed by the store manager who is in charge of the hiring. I had only one interview and was hired on the spot. The baristas that were working had a great sense of humor and were welcoming and had a good sense of humor toward the "new guy".

Interview Question – I was asked questions on how well I handled problems that involved another person. The outcome of a problem I have had with previous high school teachers and how they were resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation I was making slightly more than minimum wage and had just as many hours as I wanted to work.

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Walked in. Asked if they were hiring. They said yes. Had an interview a week later. Impressed the manager. Got the job. Basic minimum wage job interview, with maybe a little bit more professionalism than usual.

Interview Question – What about coffee do you like the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Starbucks uses behavioural interviewing which means that they are going to ask for specific instances of situations in which you have shown the model behaviours which include: works well with others, leads courageously, puts customer first, develops continuously.

Interview Question – Please describe a situtation when you failed to meet a customer's expectation. What happened? What did you do? What was the outcome? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – either move up from shift supervisor or get externally hired.

Interview Question – explaining examples of your previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, they offered and i accepted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Started with a phone screening, then met at an office near the head offices, followed by a DM interview.

Interview Question – Being able to show you have a passion for the brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt a negotiation, I felt the initial offer was very fair and reasonable.

Barista

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – They will ask you how you can behave over customers and how you are supposed to talk to them.

Interview Question – A lot of questions were expected   Answer Question

Part Time Barista Interview

Part Time Barista

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interview... the first round included generic questions about the company and situational questions that would test my customer handling skills.. do you ground worko n the company background before you head for the first round. The second round of interview was pretty much about why I wanted to join the company following which I was offered the job offer.

Interview Question – I had done my homework about the company and didn't find any questions difficult.   Answer Question

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Starbucks-Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – You apply online at starbucks.com/careers. Follow up with the store by calling and speaking to the manager. There will be an initial interview, and if they like you, you will be called back for a second interview with another manager. Keep in mind that the people hiring you may not even work for the specific Starbucks you intend to work at.

Interview Question – Unexpected: What is the dress code?
Most difficult: You will be asked about a situation when a coworker did the wrong thing and you will be asked to explain what you did to fix it.
  Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!