Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
1,783 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

if they offer you a free drink take it.
    interview is in the store and pretty laid back. be prepaired to be listened in on by current employees, they sometimes have a little say in who gets hired. try to be charismatic and while youre waiting for the manager to come out to start your interview try to make small talk with the baristas. also figure out what your favorite roast of coffee is because they will ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got called for and interview the very next day. The guy that interviewed me was very nice and said that it was gonna just a casual interview. The interview was basically just a casual conversation and him randomly asking me how I feel about different things and he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Orland Park, IL).

Interview

I applied online, and got a call back from a recurring rep. She was very friendly and very informative, I completed the virtual job tryout,(which I personally found a breeze) and went on to my phone interview. The rep explained that she felt I'd be better suited for the assistant manager position, So I could learn the "Starbucks Way" and explained that the assistant man. position was temporary, and basically training to be a store manager. I was excited to nail my in person interview. I showed up about 15 minutes early, and was given a free drink. I was interviewed by 2 district managers, who were about 30 minutes late. They were more interested in gossiping, and discussing their upcoming summer vacations than interviewing me. I pretty much hung out with strangers for about an hour and a half. At the end, they pretty much told me that my 4 years of management experience wasn't up to par, and they thought I'd be best at entry level.
    The higher ups are wonderful, and really trying to build solid teams in the stores, but the dms need a serious reality check. I would have really liked to be apart of the Starbucks team, but the company really needs to take a better look at the people they put in charge of running multiple stores.

Interview Questions

• "Can you give me an example where you had to confront co workers who didn't get along? How did you handle the situation?"   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Youll get a quick two second call telling you where and when to be there. they will ask you a few questions and assuming your not coming off as a rude or incompetent person you'll get the job though you can totally be incompetent just dont show it in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Champaign, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

They offered me a free drink and then I waited until the previous interviewee left. It started out informally, with some ice breakers (i.e. what you like to do in your free time). The managers were very friendly and we had a short conversation about TV shows before getting into it. They asked behavioral questions -- they wanted specific answers pertaining to how you reacted in certain situations in the past. I had only done babysitting in the past but they were very adaptable with the questions, often rephrasing them to fit an academic/babysitting setting. I'm pretty nervous during interviews but they made it very comfortable and open, were honest about when they would call me back for a background check, and then called me later in the week to tell me to come in and fill out forms.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle getting important tasks done on time?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you disappointed a customer? How did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you had to make a hard decision? What did you decide on and what was hard about it?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you faced serious criticism and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

This job opportunity came up during a phone interview for a regular Admin job. The recruiter was so nice she told me I might be a better fit for that. Yet we still went through the whole interview process for the Admin job and the vp turned me down. Then we started the process all over again with the Sr position. (seems the level goes like this: admin assistant - senior admin - EA. Even though each of them supports a VP and is very much an EA.)

Since I had phone interview already this time I skipped right to the first round: 4 people panel interview, 2 interviewers each time. First two were two EAs. Second two were two of the directors who were under the VP that I'll support. EAs are always easier for me to connect as we are similar in personality and can relate. The two directors were different in style and it got me nervous when I was talking to someone who don't smile or chitchat after hearing your answer.

Then I got into the final round, 30m with the department's HR lady, then 1hr with the VP. It was arranged in the candidate room, couch setting more relaxed. HR lady was very nice and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. The Vp was very nice, too! In all it's very pleasant and they just want to see if your personality fits.

Interview Questions

• First round:
      Q: What brought you to Starbucks?
      Q: Why do you like being an admin?
      Q: Have you had any incident that happened while your boss was stuck on business trip due to visa/passport issues, how did you handle it?
      Q: Two projects you were proud of?
      Q: how did you handle the project?
      Q: How do you multitask?
      Q: What would you do if you have a conflict on one scheduling spot?
      Q: how do you handle ambiguous information?
      Q: Do you know sharepoint?
      Q: how is your powerpoint skills?

Second Round, HR lady:
      Q: Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume.
      Q: what are two powerful lessons you have learned in your life?
      Q: why admin?
      Q: What do you need from your manager?

Second round, VP:
      Q: Tell me sth about yourself.
      Q: How do you feel about all the interviewers?
      Q: If you are overwhelmed with 20 requests, what'd you do?
      Q: I have some technical questions, can you help me?

1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back 2 weeks later asking if I was still interested in the job. From there set up an interview with the district manager. Then had the interview a week later. After the interview I was told I should hear back from her a week later. Never got a call to inform me of the verdict. However, I called the DM a few days later and asked if she came to a decision. She ended up saying that all the summer positions had been filled before she could talk to the store managers about giving me a second interview. Ended by saying that she'll call me back if a summer spot opens up because she thought I was a great candidate.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were like "describe a time when ___ happened." They were all situational questions to see if you would be a good fit within the company. The DM also asked about availability and store locations you're willing to work at.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied online, and two days later I got a call from a manager for an interview. When I came into the store, I was offered a free coffee. The manager is very nice and beautiful. She asked me some basic and behavior questions, available time and transportation. Then introduced the environment of the store and some benefits. After the interview, there was a process of background checking(it took about a week).

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with some negative feedback from your partner ? Do you have any work experience? What's the customer service? Write down any equipment/sections you see behind the counter.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Usually very easy going. Better chance of employment if you have availability with no restrictions. Dress nicely, smile, be yourself! If you are friendly and are able to show up to work with no issues, you probably have a good chance of getting hired. The length of the process can vary depending on location/volume of store you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to at least a year?   1 Answer

Starbucks Barista Inside Safeway Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soldotna, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Soldotna, AK).

Interview

I had a short phone interview as well as a one on one interview. I went in and had an interview with the Safeway manager. Then within a few days got a call about getting the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were told to announce a sale, how would you say it?   Answer Question