Starbucks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Starbucks-Barista
Davis, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – The Manager contacted me about 2 days later after I had applied online. The interview consisted of a list of questions she would read to me. Questions:
Why do you want to work for Starbucks?
Describe a situation when you helped to solve a problem?
How would you handle a fellow employee that wasn't doing his job?
Describe a time when a customer was not satisfied with your service. What did you do to fix the problem?
Unfortunately the interviewer was unprofessional, the interview was held outside and she wore sunglasses the whole interview, I couldn't see most of her face and I believe that eye contact is very important. She just read the questions to me on a monotonous and bored manner, I didn't feel a connection with her.

Interview Question – It wasn't difficult just be prepared to answer questions about your customer service skills, ethics, how quickly you learn, how well you work as part of a team etc..   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a job offer from another company and I accepted

Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – First job. Had a current employee refer me to work here, from then on applied online and sent Resume to manager in person. Initial interview was with the Assistant Manager to get to know you, why you wanted to work here and why you'd think you'd be a good fit for this company and what you know about this company. Had a second interview 3 weeks after the initial with the actual Manager, lots of behavioral questions. Strengths and weaknesses, as well as previous work experience questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses and tell me a challenge that you encountered at your previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Two interviews required. I interview initially at the location I was going to be working at. Asked basic questions with the STAR format. The store manager sat me down with a beverage of my choice. There weren't very many interview questions... I want to say 5 at most? I then did a follow up interview at a second location. This was the common hiring practice for the area. The second interview was conducted by a different store manager. He was friendly, and we had a lot in common, which made the interview go very smoothly.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Very friendly and welcoming environment. Went into store saying they were hiring and asked for an application Interviewed very soon afterwards. Pretty great that no prior work experience is needed.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Pleasant managers, encouraging staff, typical questions... willing to teach you what you need to know. Good video training and practice sessions the explain every thing in detail. They want you to succeed! They have flexible schedule and are willing to work with you around college class schedules.

Negotiation Details – Standard wages for this type of position.

Tustin, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call the next morning. Short phone interview and was then invited in for another interview in store. Went in the next morning and did the interview with the store manager which ended with her asking me for information to do a background check with. She didn't really seem to care about much other than the fact I had completely open availability, but I did talk up the company alot just to make sure she knew I wanted to work there (I think this helped a lot). Anyway. this was all on wednesday, she said she'd call on friday. She didn't call on friday so I called to follow up and they told me that manager goes between different stores so they didn't know when she'd be back. She eventually called on monday to offer me the job which I took.

Interview Question – STAR format. Typical interview questions, nothing too crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they pay a little above minimum wage and I just took that.

New Fairfield, CT

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – simple, standard procedure. I applied online, went through several questionnaires on their sight, talked with the manager on the phone and then went in for the interview. And was offered a position within the hour. Not impressed with the manager. I didn't think she was really starbucks image. I later learned that she was from Friendly's restaurant background.

Negotiation Details – nothing, she said even with all my experience they could only offer me the 6months rate (in CT it was $9.50 p/hr) later when I transferred to Albany, they didn't tell me it would go down to $7.95)

Very Easy Interview

Kenner, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively short. I put in a online application and 2-4 weeks later was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of the most basic questions imaginable. A week or so later I was called for an offer of said position and accepted. Training for the position began the following week.

Interview Question – For me the most difficult question was name three things about yourself that you could work on. I feel like this is a trick question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I started at $8.40 which was a dollar over minimum wage and was please at the time.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with basic questions about past experience. Based mostly on personality and competence. Questions asked about past duties and difficulties and successes one has. Asked about readiness to learn and share knowledge with others. How one learns and how one would teach others.

Interview Question – Questions are straight forward and not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given a salary with very little negotiating room.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Two interviews with the store manager about a week apart. All the questions are very behavioral... tell me about a time, etc. It's helpful to think of some answers beforehand because they expect you to be specific about the situation

Interview Question – What's your favorite drink from Starbucks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, there's not really room for negotiation unless you have previous experience with the company.