Starbucks

Updated Dec 21, 2014
1,420 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted my application online, which is how all applications have to be submitted, then I stopped by the store to talk to the manager. I told him that I already submitted my application and he interviewed me on the spot. Unfortunately, as a senior in high school who will be leaving the area come sunmer time, I did not get the job because they wanted someone who will be around at least 2 years

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans on staying in the area for the next couple years   View Answer

I did not want to commit to staying in the area for at least 2 years

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

Starbucks requires that you apply online. You can apply at a maximum of five locations at once. If you want an interview make sure to call the location(s) you want to work at! This is of the utmost importance or the likelihood of getting an interview will be slim to nonexistent.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to ensure that people were following certain rules.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply at Starbucks specifically?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate anything. Being my first job I did not have any negotiating power. It is a part time position so I am paid hourly. Compensation is not a problem.

Barista Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted my resume direct to the store manager and the manager asked me to wait for a few minutes because the manager wants interview me on the spot and asked basic interview questions by the store manager..i got hired in the end by the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I have any experience in retail business.   Answer Question
    The interview was quick and there were no negotiation phase happened on my interview from the store manager.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Pretty basic, was myself and answered questions honestly. Mainly questions about what you are doing, availability and what you do for work. They ask questions about costumer service and general questions to make sure you can hold a normal conversation. Both of my managers I interviewed with were amazing people.

Interview Questions
    Asked me to work on the spot.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online to a bunch of locations, and I got a callback from one of the Starbucks. I set up a time for an interview, and then I went there that day. I was a little lost, but got there 15 minutes early. They offer you a drink, and I accepted. After about 40 minutes, the manager came out and we started the interview.

We did it inside the store, so it was kind of loud. Sometimes I could barely hear what the manager was saying, but she was super nice.

I brought a resume, and she asked me a question based on what she saw on my resume. Then she asked, "Why Starbucks?"

I practiced and I think I had a pretty good answer, but of course I was nervous.

At the end, she talked about the responsibilities, pay and all that.

I dressed semiformal. Slacks and a collared shirt.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe your experience in Nicaragua? (I went there during a summer)   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

I applied online and got a call a couple weeks later. It was a mini phone interview and then they asked me to come in the following Monday for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I went in and they asked me to sit and wait for a few and the manager would be out. I waited for 15 minutes (I was early) and then the manager called me back to her office with her. They interview was very easy and the hiring manager was VERY nice and welcoming. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer was buying a cake, what 3 items would you recommend they buy with the cake?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2014.

This was done at a recruiting fair so it might not be indicative of Starbucks normal hiring and interviewing process. The recruiter asked a few questions that were of the sort "What are you looking to do?" and when it was clear it wasn't for a barrista position, I was passed off to someone else. He looked at my resume, said it was too long, and that I should shorten it an apply online and that they had some positions open in Seattle but not to get my hopes up.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

One initial interview that will be held in the store lobby, if you have ADD, do your best to focus. Should always call and follow up, sometimes managers can be flocked with applications and or busy with other stuff. Normal interview process, simple questions, probably only lasts about 30 to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No, you will not be able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

When you first get into the store and tell the barista you're looking for the manager, they offer you a drink. So, I got a coffee and the barista asked me to sit and wait because the store was really busy at that moment. I sat and waited for probably half an hour. The manager called me into the backroom/stockroom/her office? for the interview. She asked basic questions like What is your experience with customer service? Have you ever had a customer who was dissatisfied and what did you do about it? She was reading off a sheet the entire time so I guess they were pre-made questions. The manager was super friendly and the interview was really laid back.

Barista Interview

I was called by several stores for a pre-interview. Just one question per call such as "why would you like to work here?" and whether or not I was available to work outside the available hours stated in my application. Never called back for full interview.