Starbucks

Updated Feb 24, 2015
1,499 Interview Reviews

2.4

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Poorly performed. Mananger just wanted a 'warm body'. No background check with previous employers which was a hinderance for me regarding my fellow co-workers. They lacked motivation and made work day more difficult.

None

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Starbucks.

The website says that all locations are hiring, but I found this was not true when I went in to the store to introduce myself. I feel I am at step 2 of a long process.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked me if I had worked in a coffee shop before and what my availability was.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted a paper application in store to the manager. It was then followed up with a phone call to set up an in person interview. The interview was one on one with the store manager. It lasted about 15 minuted and at the end of the interview I was told I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to connect with customers about their coffee experience   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was simple I had an advantage because I knew someone in the company and she has gotten me an interview at another store. However the interview was more of a conversation. The manager asked situational questions, even asked my favorite drink! They do offer you a free drink always accept it even if it's just water.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you encountered a difficult person? how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

applied online. Walked in at least an hour early and bought my own drink, the manager picked up the tab for my sandwich since i already bought my drink. The whole thing as was more like a casual conversation than an interview for a job conducted on the floor, no back office no seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the Starbucks environment. The manager was kind enough to not only ask a few telling questions but give me an exact time when he would call me on the monday following no later than 17:00 (5:00 PM)

Interview Questions
    • What are you look for in this job?   View Answer
    • what was a time when you fell short of a customer's expectations?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Starbucks-Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

I applied online got an email a week or so later. Had to reschedule a couple of times. When I finally did the interview it was just a me and the manager 1:1. It was only her going over my application then 5 questions then her going over what my job would be then benefits and such. She pretty much told me I got the job. I'm waiting now to get a call it's only been 2 days but she doesn't work on the weekends. So great lady

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if I couldn't complete at task in the given time ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hill AFB, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hill AFB, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Applied online and the following day got a call to schedule an interview four days later. My second interview was three days later and found out I'm hired after background check comes back. Interview was great. First interview, I met a regular customer who's in daily. She told the store manager, hire her.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to your employer, that you knew was against store policy?   View Answer

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Was called by a manager and invited to a hiring fair. Only about 6 people showed up. I interviewed with two store managers and was treated very nicely. Asked a lot of behavioral questions which were all pretty easy. They seemed to be more interested in how much I knew about Starbucks as a company rather than the behavioral questions. I asked them a few questions about what is is like to work with the company and they seemed to love that as well.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how much a Starbucks employee make?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

It was a nice day so the interview was done outside. The manager introduced himself, and I to him. He wanted to first know a little about me, then we got to the actual interview. Instead of asking what if questions, they give you a situation and have you tell about a real life experience that involved the said situation. If you couldn't recall anything dealing with it, they would ask you hypothetically.
     Few days after the interview, I got a call from the manager and they formally welcomed me to Starbucks as an employee. He then asked me if I could come in and work the next day at 8am and fill out papers.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you helped out a co-worker that you didn't particularly care for and why?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

I applied online. I was called the next business day and asked if I could come in for an interview later that week. I arrived about 10 minutes early. I told the person on register that I was there for an interview. They offered me a free drink. A few minutes later the assistant store manager came out and we began the interview. The interview actually began early and was fairly short overall. I was asked between 5 and 10 behavioral questions. The questions were geared towards having had a job with customers in the past. After the interview I was told I would hear back next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was not satisfied with the service you provided.   Answer Question