Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
1,786 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

So I called Monday to see if the stairbucks I applied to was hiring and come to find out they were he asked me a few questions of his own and asked me if I wanted to have an interview later that day and i said yes turns out it was an hiring event I ended having two interviews the said for sure that she will let the manger at the store I applied to to hire me and that he will get back to me friday friday came and I called so he said that he was doing calls backs Saturday but haven't heard nothing back so should I call monday amd see what happen or what I did wrong?

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then about 2 weeks later (after visiting in store twice and finally getting the name of the manager) the manager called me and set up an interview. We met at the store. While I waited I got a free coffee of my choice! We talked for about 45 minutes. I think it took him about 5-10 minutes to decide he liked and wanted to hire me, and then took the rest of the time trying to convince me why Starbucks is such a great company to work for. Partners (their term for 'employees') receive 1 pound of coffee or K cups per week. If you work an average of 20 hours a week per quarter you are eligible for their great health benefits plan, after about 30 months. Vacation time starts after 1 year.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was called a couple days later. I first had a phone interview, and then was called in for an in person one. The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to, and the questions were pretty easy. For the in person interview, they were mostly behavioral type questions, like what would you do in certain situations.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed an application online and got a call a couple of days later saying if I could come in on the same day. So I hurried to get there and I sat down with the hiring manager and saw that there was another woman next to her writing notes and keeping an eye on her, that made the hiring manager way more nervous than I was so it was kind of hard to talk to her, the whole process was sorta messy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2015.

Interview

I first applied to Starbucks online, and a few days later I received a phone call from the store manager. He proceeded to ask me some preliminary questions. Once we got through those he asked about my current job and why I was looking to move to Starbucks. From there I was able to schedule an interview for the following day.
    I went in and wasn't quite sure where to go, so I stood in line and waited until it was my turn to inform the cashier that I was here for an interview. They offered me a free drink, to which I accepted, and because the store was pretty busy at the time and I was early, the manager asked me to find a seat either inside or outside and he'd come and find me for the interview.
    I always get nervous before interviews but compared to other interviews I've been on this one was a lot more relaxed. Yes there are set questions that they're required to ask, but overall I thought I was able to answer them reasonably well. I stumbled a few times due to nerves, but it helped that I researched the company beforehand, and also looking up past interview questions on glassdoor helped me to prepare and make sure I wasn't blindsided by the questions he asked.
    Once he was done interviewing me he informed me that he had other interviews schedule and wouldn't be making a decision until the next week. So I thanked him for his time and was sure to let him know I was looking forward to hearing from him.
    I just received the call that I passed my background check and they'd like me to come in to complete my paperwork in a couple of weeks!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? Were you able to help him/her?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Real Estate Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

On line application and Linked In with interviewer whom I found online for the job under Starbucks linked in page. She was pleasant but I didn't perform well. Personal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• How many transactions are you handling at once ?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Pretty Standard, not really hard at all. I showed up and had the interview in the starbucks at one of their tables. They asked fairly standard interview questions which weren't difficult at all. They really focused on how good you're able to deal with customers and how easily you can memorize how the drinks are made.

Interview Questions

• How good are you under stress, dealing with difficult customers, and memorizing orders?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

This is just an experience post, I didn't get hired.

I applied online (you can apply to 5 at a time) to 13 total (3 applications;5/5/3). After 2 days I called each Starbucks to see if they were hiring. The listed stores on the job search are accepting not necessarily hiring. So, I called and a lot of the stores weren't hiring. A manager was nice enough to pull my application out and refer me to other locations.

Finally got an interview and was about to be hired UNTIL they realized I was only going to be able to work for the summer :'( biggest heartbreak ever !

I was trying to get hired in my hometown for the summer and then transfer to my College's Starbucks. You have to work at Starbucks for a year in order to transfer.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Very friendly interview, I felt very comfortable and able to act normally which made the entire interview a breeze. We sat outside and got to know each other first before the actual interview questions. There were about 5 questions in the interview and then I had the chance to ask questions. Very professional and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed and overcame said situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was super laid back, and asked a bunch of questions about previous situations and how you handled them. Some of the questions were a little tricky but they are the average and expected questions. "Why do you want to work at starbucks?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you left a customer dissatisfied.   Answer Question