Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
1,584 Interview Reviews

2.4

Batista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

It went very quickly and the manager was very sweet. She laughed a lot and made some jokes. She asked me a few situational questions and I answered them with examples... I left with a good feeling about the interview

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to Starbucks on the Starbucks website. I literally applied to like 20 locations ; They let you apply to 5 locations at once. So take advantage ! I got a call back after 3-4 days.First Phone interview was simple, they asked what I used to do at my last job and availability. I believe they transferred me to another store, because a location i didn't apply to called me back 2 hours later. On this phone interview he asked what school i attended, what tasks i did at my last job to improve customer service, and my availability, basically the same like the other. Then after the questions he told me come in for an interview two days after. My interview was at 2pm, got there 10 min early, they offer you a drink, i accepted, I heard it was apart of the interview. So it would be best if you take it too. They are suppose to interview you twice, once at the original store and with another manager at a different store. But he did mines both at once, so two people were interviewing me at the same time. I was so freakin nervous!!! They basically asked behavioral questions on how to deal with customers and handling authority criticism, and the famous question why you want to work at starbucks. The interview lasted 15 minutes . They were very friendly. At the end they asked do you have any questions. Make sure you come up with a question to ask, so you seem interested. He then told me they are going to run a background check and later on in the day i will get an email and a call pertaining the BC. He did call precisely 10 minutes after asking for date of birth, and saying if the BC came back as a pass, they will call to see if your still interested. which to me basically meant they wanted to hire me. 4 business days after the background check, I got a call back saying they wanted to hire me for the job, and that I started two days after.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict you had with a co-worker?Did you ever have a task where you had to work efficiently in a matter of time?How did you handle?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle criticism from your manager? Did you ever make any mistakes at your previous job, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?How did you do with customer service on last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at starbucks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No i was not. they did not mention my salary pay until my first day. My stores starting rate was $11.00/hr

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Los Altos, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sat down with the manager, discussed the job and my qualifications. We discovered I had much experience that would qualify me not only for the job I currently hold, but that my prospects of advancement were good. Manager went over benefits, her experience with the company. We discussed my availability and my plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• Did I realize how physically demanding the job is and was I up for it?   1 Answer

Starbucks Barista Inside Target Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online , got a call back 2 weeks later, scheduled phone interview for the coming monday, after phone interview they said they would call me back in 2 days and called back in 2 hours, scheduled in store interview for following monday. I went into the store did the questionaire on the computer and went back for the interview. Watched a short movie on Working in the front end of target (it didn't even mention starbucks lol) and was interviewed by the Supervisor of the Food Court and Starbucks for target. Was hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Starbucks uses Time Limites Assignments. Very prolonged interview of 6 months where you are placed in a role prior to a promotion. This is the standard way people get promoted to a new role. The part of this that I did not like was you did the job for an extended period without being paid for the level you were working at.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about   1 Answer

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

They used Star format along with a Panel interview for approximately two hours. Also specific examples of previous years of work experience. Review college education and degrees and other working job experiences.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that makes you more qualified than the other candidates   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the SM and ASM and thy asked several behavioral questions based on previous customer service experience. They were very nice and offered a drink. ACCEPT THE DRINK. it shows you like there product and you're comfortable in the atmosphere.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask a bunch of questions about your experience with coworkers and previous employers.
    They also ask you why you feel that you would be a good fit for Starbucks. When you apply, if they are interested they call you and set up an interview time and date. Once your there, they offer you a drink and an assistant comes out and interviews you. Then the Manager gives you a second screening.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an upset customer and you went the extra mile to satisfy them?
      What did you do?
      How do you handle high stress situations?
      Do you have cash handling experience?

Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very simple, the Manager was a little desperate.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a callback within a day. There was a short phone interview, and then an in-person interview a few days later. After the successful in-person interview, there was a second interview. The process was surprisingly quick, and my interviewer was very open and friendly about the entire process. She gave lots of good feedback along the way.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you formed bonds with your coworkers   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy went in for the interview talked to the last forca lil bit went to fill out paperwork then I got reviewed Bon wat the company is about n thinks like that got hired on the spot had to have a background check n that was about it