Starbucks Interview Questions

1,556 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

Completed an online application, and got a call back within a week. An interview was scheduled a week later. The interview was very easy going, and we got along great. I asked a few questions, and was answered generously. I received a call the next morning, and was offered a position! A background check had to be completed. I can't wait to start! :)

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I had applied twice before and got no call. This time I called about two weeks after I applied. Asked for the hiring manager. Spoke with her. She asked a couple questions and said she would get back with me if my application looked good. Got a call within 5 minutes after hanging up to schedule an interview for the next day. Very easy interview. Asked how I handle conflict. Asked about my availability. She said she had to put me through a background check and she would get ahold of me. Called back the next day with a job offer and a day to come in for orientation the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Applied online and a three days later got called in for an interview the following week.

Came in and did not accept the free drink. Interviewer came over and introduced herself an we sat down amongst other customers. Questions were relatively easy even though I did not have formal work experience. Mostly behavioral questions so make sure you know a few situations you experienced that you could answer with. I was told the responsibilities and the pay. She was super nice and told me at the end of the interview that I will have to go to a second interview and that in the mean time she would go ahead and do my background check.

Second interview was fairly quick just a couple of behavioral questions just like the first interview. The girls behind the counter kept going on about how I didn't accept the free drink which bothered me a bit but I stayed confident. After the interview was over she told me that the dedication is up to my first interviewer but that she only had positive things to say.

Got a call today offering a job which I accepted. I just love how positive the whole experience was. Everyone I talked to even the baristas were super kind to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you sold someone more than what they originally wanted to purchase.   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize customer's orders?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

head to head interview with two employees in one room. they took turns asking me questions and asked me if I had any questions at the end. Questions were about customer service experience and situation scenarios. How would I react in certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

Received a call a month after I submitted an application online. I was immediately informed that the hiring manager was interviewing a few others on the same day, and also received brief directions of the company's location due to how small and elusive the store is in the area. Overall, the manager was incredibly personable and energetic, so rather than nervous, I was enthused for the interview.

On the day of the interview, I asked for the manager, accepted the offered drink, and waited a few minutes before their arrival. They explained the procedure, how they will mainly focus on questions based on behavior and how the interviewee has once handled a situation. When told to not mind that they are jotting down notes of your answers, please take it to heart. It was my mistake to become extremely aware that they were still writing, so I ended up rushing and shortening my responses thinking that it would help accommodate them when in reality, I've only succeeded in omitting important details of my experiences.

By the end of the interview, the manager mentioned how it normally took 2 weeks to make calls to candidates who made the cut. But, they will most likely do so within the week.

Interview Questions
    • From my experience, they will most likely begin with basic questions such as, "Why Starbucks?" and "Tell me about yourself". Afterward, they will jump into the actual questions that will decide whether or not you are fit for the role. From what I can recall, the manager had asked questions such as, "When was a time you've failed to meet someone's expectations and what did you do about it?" and vice versa. I think it's important to remain neutral in your answers. I made the mistake of stating that my friend wasn't cooperative and failed to further explain that although that was how I perceived her, in reality, my friend was just shy and uncertain of what was okay to do. So, always add a positive twist to your responses! Another question involved your hobbies and what you;re normally found doing during your free time. Also, they may inquire about your ideal work schedule and will most likely let you know what time frames they are looking for in a candidate.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online, interview within a few days. I was told they would notify me if they would move forward with me or not. That was two weeks ago. They advised that they would know by Friday. Follow up on Saturday and was told by Monday. Another follow up call on Wednesday left message for Hiring Manager. Still have not heard anything. I was really excited to work for Starbucks....still waiting.....

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a negative performance review and How did I handle working with an employee that I had a difficult experience with.   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I started out by filling out an application online, about 4 days later I got a call from a manager to set up an interview, he didn't really ask me any questions on the phone. So the day of the interview I went there told the barista there I was there for an interview. She told me she'd let the manager know I was there and if I wanted a drink while I waited. I took the drink because Ive read here that they always do that so whatever I took it. Then I had the interview didn't last too long, about 7 minutes. At the end of it he said I would hear back by the weekend, I didn't get called back. So I called the store, the manager wasn't there so I left a message. Next day he called me back saying they chose another candidate, but he had forwarded my application to another location he was interviewing for. A few days later I got a call in, went in talked to the manager, he asked pretty standard things, nothing hard. Afterwards he said I should hear back by the end of the week. About 3 days later I get a call offering me the position. I took it. I was surprised it took almost 2 weeks but ehh. My advice would be to know a little bit about Starbucks, at least 1 item from the menu, be yourself, they look for a people person I think, I mean really who would want to go to starbucks and be helped out by a grouchy person. Relax during the interview if they don't call back I didn't feel it was out of line to do a follow up call because they tend to be very busy.

Interview Questions
    To be honest I took the job without being told what my pay would be, which is actually kinda really bad, but since I live in SoCal it should be minimum 10.00 an hour.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

It was very simple. They ask you questions on your ability to communicate with individuals and how you work well with people. I was apart of an organization and had success with that. Use that to help guide you

How much did you make at your last job?

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

The manager was friendly and attentive. She started off by asking to tell het a bit about me and why i wanted to work for starbucks. Afterwards she told me her story and proceeded to posing a series of "situational" questions

Interview Questions
    • "can you tell me about a time you were asked to do something that you didnt want to/couldn't do and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

Was asked to walk her through my resume, she was very friendly and explained the hours of availability needed were about 8-4 for my college campus. She emailed me the next day with an answer so the process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • What could you bring to this job that others could not?   Answer Question