Starbucks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015
1,887 Interview Reviews

2.4

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2015.

Interview

I first applied to Starbucks online, and a few days later I received a phone call from the store manager. He proceeded to ask me some preliminary questions. Once we got through those he asked about my current job and why I was looking to move to Starbucks. From there I was able to schedule an interview for the following day. I went in and wasn't quite sure where to go, so I stood in line and waited until it was my turn to inform the cashier that I was here for an interview. They offered me a free drink, to which I accepted, and because the store was pretty busy at the time and I was early, the manager asked me to find a seat either inside or outside and he'd come and find me for the interview. I always get nervous before interviews but compared to other interviews I've been on this one was a lot more relaxed. Yes there are set questions that they're required to ask, but overall I thought I was able to answer them reasonably well. I stumbled a few times due to nerves, but it helped that I researched the company beforehand, and also looking up past interview questions on glassdoor helped me to prepare and make sure I wasn't blindsided by the questions he asked. Once he was done interviewing me he informed me that he had other interviews schedule and wouldn't be making a decision until the next week. So I thanked him for his time and was sure to let him know I was looking forward to hearing from him. I just received the call that I passed my background check and they'd like me to come in to complete my paperwork in a couple of weeks!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? Were you able to help him/her?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. Maybe 15 to 20 minutes. General questions. I felt I did pretty well and the interviewer seemed to like me. She told me there would be a second interview and I should get a call later that day or the beginning of next week at the latest. Well,that call never came. I found this misleading and rude. I didn't even know there was a second interview process. If she didn't think I was a good fit, she shouldn't of given me hope. I sat around waiting for a call that didn't come like an idiot for a few days. It was misleading, and in my case I really needed a job asap. It took away from me applying to other jobs because I took the second interview offer as a good sign.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

This job opportunity came up during a phone interview for a regular Admin job. The recruiter was so nice she told me I might be a better fit for that. Yet we still went through the whole interview process for the Admin job and the vp turned me down. Then we started the process all over again with the Sr position. (seems the level goes like this: admin assistant - senior admin - EA. Even though each of them supports a VP and is very much an EA.) Since I had phone interview already this time I skipped right to the first round: 4 people panel interview, 2 interviewers each time. First two were two EAs. Second two were two of the directors who were under the VP that I'll support. EAs are always easier for me to connect as we are similar in personality and can relate. The two directors were different in style and it got me nervous when I was talking to someone who don't smile or chitchat after hearing your answer. Then I got into the final round, 30m with the department's HR lady, then 1hr with the VP. It was arranged in the candidate room, couch setting more relaxed. HR lady was very nice and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. The Vp was very nice, too! In all it's very pleasant and they just want to see if your personality fits.

Interview Questions

• First round: Q: What brought you to Starbucks? Q: Why do you like being an admin? Q: Have you had any incident that happened while your boss was stuck on business trip due to visa/passport issues, how did you handle it? Q: Two projects you were proud of? Q: how did you handle the project? Q: How do you multitask? Q: What would you do if you have a conflict on one scheduling spot? Q: how do you handle ambiguous information? Q: Do you know sharepoint? Q: how is your powerpoint skills? Second Round, HR lady: Q: Tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume. Q: what are two powerful lessons you have learned in your life? Q: why admin? Q: What do you need from your manager? Second round, VP: Q: Tell me sth about yourself. Q: How do you feel about all the interviewers? Q: If you are overwhelmed with 20 requests, what'd you do? Q: I have some technical questions, can you help me?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Usually very easy going. Better chance of employment if you have availability with no restrictions. Dress nicely, smile, be yourself! If you are friendly and are able to show up to work with no issues, you probably have a good chance of getting hired. The length of the process can vary depending on location/volume of store you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to at least a year?   1 Answer

Starbucks Barista Inside Safeway Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soldotna, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Soldotna, AK).

Interview

I had a short phone interview as well as a one on one interview. I went in and had an interview with the Safeway manager. Then within a few days got a call about getting the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were told to announce a sale, how would you say it?   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Interview

couple questions which were pretty easy, nothing too specific and it was easy I think. It was basic questions like do you drink coffee and do you drink coffee, also how often you shop at starbucks, nothing too hard. I didn't get asked about any criminal background during my interview questions which is nice of them, they seem like a good company and seem to care about me a lot.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever make any coffee, did I ever work as a cashier   Answer Question

Real Estate Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2015.

Interview

By far, the most professional and encouraging process I've experienced to-date. The recruiter was easily the best I've come across and everyone I met with was beyond great. Starbucks has lived up to its reputation as a top company to work for and their hiring process reflects it.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions heavily focussed on team cohesion and personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some room for pay negotiation. Straight forward and painless is the best way to summarize it.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (South Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially a phone interview by the hiring manager then an in person interview with the team lead and several other team members. I found that they were interested in my black box testing skills and security experience. No white boarding programming problems. Normally I go for SDET type positions (aka programming), but this was 1) Starbucks (which has a very good cultural reputation 2) Deals heavily with security (something I wanted more experience in) and 3) paid a better hourly rate (and the benefits were also better) then all the other contract SDET positions I applied/interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my testing experience from previous contracts (fairly open ended). The lead asked me how I became involved with Software QA having graduated with an non-IT engineering degree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed an application online and got a call a couple of days later saying if I could come in on the same day. So I hurried to get there and I sat down with the hiring manager and saw that there was another woman next to her writing notes and keeping an eye on her, that made the hiring manager way more nervous than I was so it was kind of hard to talk to her, the whole process was sorta messy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

So I called Monday to see if the stairbucks I applied to was hiring and come to find out they were he asked me a few questions of his own and asked me if I wanted to have an interview later that day and i said yes turns out it was an hiring event I ended having two interviews the said for sure that she will let the manger at the store I applied to to hire me and that he will get back to me friday friday came and I called so he said that he was doing calls backs Saturday but haven't heard nothing back so should I call monday amd see what happen or what I did wrong?

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer