Starbucks Interview Questions

1,342 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Applied online to 5 locations. Got a call back from the manager the same day. Scheduled an interview for 2 days after, although she called to move interview to a different store. Interview was standard Q&A like "Why Starbucks?" etc. It was fairly casual, the manager seemed to respond positively when I talked about my past experiences. She sold it well without any fanatical zeal, so I enjoyed talking with her.

Interview Questions
    • Since I don't have much work experience, she wanted me to talk about my volunteering experience (I'm a predental student). Not difficult however.   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

It was a simple process. They call you and ask you questions over the phone then schedule you an appointment. Go there for your interview and you get a free drink. Ask you some questions and bam

Interview Questions

Another job interview the day after hired on the spot. Better pay offered

Fraud Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

I filled out an online application and heard nothing for a month. After I went to a job fair and met some Starbucks representatives face-to-face, things moved quickly. I chatted with a few of the folks at the booth, gave them my 60 second sales pitch and told them specifically what job I was interested in. Three separate employees handed me their business cards and one even offered to place my resume on the desk of the hiring manager for the position I was seeking.

The next day, I reached out to everyone I had met on LinkedIn, thanked them for speaking with me at the career fair and reiterated my interest in the position. I received an email from a corporate recruiter to set up a 45 minute phone interview for the following day.

The interview questions were very much geared toward specific responsibilities of the job and how my experiences prepared me for those responsibilities. I was asked to walk the recruiter through each of the positions described on my resume. The next question was why Starbucks. I was also asked how I heard about the position. This interview was very pleasant and the recruiter even gave me a detailed list of benefits and outlined exactly what the compensation was. I was also invited to a panel interview for the following week.

The recruiting coordinator immediately emailed me details of who I would be meeting during the panel interview and sent me a parking pass to park right in front of the building's doors. The VIP treatment continued with the recruiting coordinator meeting me at the front desk, handing me an interview schedule and making me a cup of coffee before ushering me to my first interview. Instead of the formal, 4-person review panel I was expecting, I was pleased to discover I would be meeting with each person individually for about a 45 minute interview each. Each interviewer had their own personal style but most of the questions were analytical and geared toward specifics of the position. Only the final and most senior interviewer asked behavioral and brain teaser questions.

Everyone was very kind and left me with a very clear idea of what the responsibilities of the job entailed and what the culture at Starbucks is like. I was very impressed with how enjoyable the entire interview was and accepted immediately when the recruiter called me the next day, during her vacation to offer me the job at a higher salary than I even considered asking for.

The best advice I can give is be aggressive but gracious about showing your interest in the job and don't hesitate to connect with as many people as you can be it face to face, via LinkedIn, email, phone, intermediary etc. Knowing exactly what job I wanted and being able to demonstrate face to face how I was the perfect fit took me from initial contact to hired in less than two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to design an 8 week syllabus to prepare yourself for the role of a fraud analyst, what would it look like?   Answer Question
    My recruiter did an excellent job of preparing the interviewers for my panel interview and I was amazed at how well they knew me when I met them face-to-face a short time later. When I received the job offer the next day, I was so shocked by how far the offer exceeded my expectations that I accepted immediately and my recruiter asked multiple times if I wanted more time to think about the decision or negotiate the compensation further. It was clear she was ready to do some more negotiating on my behalf but I was already sold.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

filled out application online and got a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. When I checked in with Barista, I was offered a drink while I waited for the manager. She told me that she just wanted to know a little about me then she would read me some questions and tell me about the company. Just basic questions like where are you from, why are you interested in this position at Starbucks, etc. Then she went through the standard interview questions like "how do you handle projects and your time" "do you work well in teams?" "what would you do if you saw an employee ding something wrong"

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem/disagreement with a manager or professor, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Store Manager NYC Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

It went very fast. Applied online, next day had a phone interview and then online assessment both of which I thought went well. Applied for a store managers position in NYC. 2 days latter received a form email from the recruiter saying they were declining to move forward in the interview process. When I emailed her back with some questions I got no response. I get the impression that Starbucks is looking for younger people for management positions. I hold 3 degrees including a terminal degree in addition to owning my own business in the past and working in several upper management positions. Yet I wasn't even offered a face to face interview with a Division Manager. How can this be? Oh wait, I forgot I'm 50 years old. The ageism undertones are there for sure.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

It was a surprise after finally hearing from the company after a month to come into for an interview. As for the interview process itself, from what i figure it was pretty routine. The manager told me their backstory on how they got into the company and followed a printed questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember what it was exactly but it was along the lines on how i handled a difficult situation while on a shift.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Online application; had to apply three or four times to even get a call back. Then I had to call the store repeatedly to get a hold of the assistant manager to solidify my interview time. She was very hard to reach and never called me back when she said she would.
    Went in and ordered my free drink. Had a little wait as they had just finished a store meeting.
    Assistant manager seemed pleasant enough. Told me the position part-time when it was listed as full-time on the website. Also said that the starting pay was $8 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict or high stress situations?   Answer Question

I currently make almost double an hour what Starbucks wanted to offer me. I was hoping for more hours and a couple dollars more in pay from them, but they were unwilling to negotiate.

Fraud Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Just one word describes my interview experience there: 'disingenuous'. I have never experienced a more phony 'nice' group interview like that ever. I actually left there thinking I had a very good chance at the job, only to receive a 'dear John' form letter with no detectable reason give at all. So, my advice would be, if you are over 45, don't bother unless you can pull off a good cheer leading routine. They also pay lip service to hiring veterans, which apparently did not benefit me in the least. They are looking for extraverts only, so if you are honest about being an individual contributor, well, good luck.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just personality profiling.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Interviewed with the asst. store manager. They have pre-made interview question cards, so they just grab those and flick through them and ask you questions. Look on the internet for standard interview questions and they are those. Stuff like "tell me about a time where you went above any beyond..." that kind of thing. Pretty easy, they just want to make sure you're nice, not a moron can think and won't blow up on a customer who's venti triple latte has too much foam on it lol.

Interview Questions
    • Stuff like "tell me about a time where you went above any beyond..." that kind of thing.   Answer Question
    None.

Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online; got a call a few days later. Small prescreen during initial contact via call. Came in for interview that same day. Recieved a nice beverage while I was waiting. Interviewer tested my prioritization skills.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you saw coworker do something wrong and your response.   Answer Question