Starbucks Interview Questions

1,304 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

I applied online on Monday then called. I keep calling every day until the hiring manger told me she would not be able to check until Friday. I called on Friday and she said to give her a few minuets to look over my application and then she would call me back. she called me back five minuets later and then scheduled me an interview the fallowing Monday.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

Was a regular customer and put in an application. Called store multiple times a week but hiring manager was never there. After leaving many messages about my application, i got a call about two weeks later to come in for an interview. They will offer free coffee of your store,always accept it. Was so scared i looked online for help with possible interview questions but Was asked very basic questions for my personal interview. Manager kept looking away, getting on her phone, and interrupting the interview to speak with customers full on. I felt it was very rude. She did throw a few jokes in there but otherwise stayed pretty serious. Was offered a full time job,and accepted. I started two days later with "training." Was told i would get adequate training, but in reality i am still trying to understand things because i have to learn by watching others while stuck on drive thru,also with no knowledge on how to work this. All of the employees said they learned this way as well.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic - Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Baristas here start at 7.45 an hour plus occassional tips on tuesdays.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Submit an application online and list the top 3 store you would like to work with. Be flexible with your availability and negotiate your days off in person.
    A manager or Assistant manager will call for a phone interview. If that interview goes well, you'll be asked to come into the store for another interview.
    Take a moment to get a feel of the store. Is it busy? Slow? Are customers and baristas smiling and laughing? You're interviewing them too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work Sunday? Can you open or close. Have a yes, no or sometimes ready for these questions.   Answer Question
    If you have coffee shop, restaurant or even retail experience, don't be afraid to ask for more money.

Barista Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks.

Got a call a day after applying to come to a district wide job fair. Sat down with the manager and another applicant for an interview but left early because they weren't looking to hire seasonal.

Barista Interview

Easy hire, easy interview. Met one on one and discussed your position and when to start. Most employees are very nice and overall this process was smooth. Once hired, you are trained but as to how well, it depends on location.

Store Manager Interview

first is a phone interview with HR. This will just be basic questions about your experience and what you are looking for in a job. Then is a in person interview with two district managers. they will ask more in depth questions about your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received unsolicited feedback about your performance.   View Answer

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

I submitted an online application, you cannot fill out applications in the store. I waited a few days and called the store I was trying to work at. Fortunately, the Store Manager answered the phone and was filing through applications when I called. I was asked a few questions about my prior work experience while he looked through my application. We then set up an interview time later in the week. While at the interview I was offered any drink I wanted and we sat in the cafe to go through the interview questions. It was a very relaxed and comfortable setting, all though it was a bit awkward not being in an area where current employees and customers couldn't overhear the conversation. After a couple minutes you will get comfortable with the laid back interview style. After the interview the manager told me to expect to hear back from him by Monday. (my interview was on a Thursday) I got a call, as promised, Monday afternoon and accepted the position. I started a few days later. The hiring process goes quickly. Once hired training begins as soon as possible and can last up to a couple weeks depending on how quickly you catch on.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard. I can't think of anything that was too difficult to answer. Most questions had to do with scenarios of how you would handle situations and what kind of worker you are. Pretty basic, nothing too challenging. If you don't understand the way the question is worded just ask! Most of the management I encountered were extremely friendly and willing to explain the questions further.   Answer Question
    It seemed like all baristas start at minimum wage. Starbucks is very strict on how you submit your requests for certain hours (a form is filled out upon hire) you are able to change your availability whenever and depending on the store manager, they are very accommodating.

If considering a job at Starbucks I would definitely try and negotiate a high start pay, its worth a try, especially if you have had prior work experience in the same industry. I would definitely negotiate my terms of employment if I had it to do all over again.

Barista Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

I submitted an application online via their website to a couple of stores in my area. I called each store to check the status of my application. In two of the stores the hiring manager was never in when I called so I left my name and gave them a chance to call me back. One of the hiring managers finally called me. She did a mini interview over the phone asking about why I want to work for the company, my availability, and was ok with me being a college student. She scheduled the in person interview. I interviewed with her and another manager. They were both very nice which calmed my nerves a bit. They asked 5 STARS format question straight from a packet. The first was tell me about a time when a customer was unsatisfied with you, tell me about a situation when a coworker wasn't following policy, they wanted to know about a situation where I worked with a coworker that was unfriendly or disrespectful, a time where I had to Upsell, and a time where I received constructive criticism when I didn't know I was being criticized. I had previous experience as a barista and I made sure I threw in names of drinks and common incidences that could happen at Starbucks because they're looking for detailed answers. Overall, it was a very easy interview. I received a call back in about one hour extending an offer to work for them. The whole process took about a week and a half.

No pay negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

So I went in. And they offered the drink. ALWAYS TAKE IT. Haha I learned that here, I came on here the night before. I sat down n waited for the manager. We sat down. N asked basic questions. Nothing too hard on previous work exp. And customer examples. Then availability. Then that was it.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time that someone wasn't satisfied with your work?   Answer Question
    7.50 aka none

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Within a week of applying I was called in for an interview, which is very nice considering other companies don't reply or respond at all. Manager doing the interview was very nice, told all about the benefits for the job, focused on being friendly with customers and being able to handle being under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have a problem cleaning bathrooms?" He asked this because every employee has to do it at some point, and thinks no one should be exempt from cleaning the bathroom.   Answer Question