Starbucks

Average Difficulty
1,206 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a week without word, I called the store and spoke to the manager. He said he would call back when he got a chance. Another week went by and I called again. A barista answered and left the manager my information. After hearing nothing at all, I went into the store a few times before catching the manager and giving him a resume. I was asked to come in for an interview.

Got there 5 minutes early. Joked around with a friend that worked there and he told the manager "not to hire me" in a joking manner. Was offered a free drink (and of course I took it). Some people say that this is a test, which can be true, so ALWAYS TAKE THE FREE DRINK!!!!

Once the store calmed down, the manager took me in the back because it was noisy in the lounge area. We talked about random things at first, he showed me in the back area a little. Then it was interview time! He asked me simple questions like "Why Starbucks?" and my past experiences. Basic interview questions. He told me that if I haven't had experiences at my prior jobs that the questions were about, that I was able to use clubs and school life. After that, he talked to me about how training works, pay, benefits and perks, etc. He told me that he liked that I had open availability and he wouldn't hire me if I could only work 3 days a week. So if you can only work weekends, chances are, you won't be hired. He is a really cool guy that understands, so I guess I got lucky when it came to getting an awesome manager. He told me that I'll get an email for a background check and if everything is clear, I can come in for training!!

I'm happy to say that the interview was easy and relaxed. They chit-chat to learn about you, as well as get down to the info they need to know. This will be my second real job and I'm hoping for the best!

Interview Question – When was there a time that you had to act ethically? What did others do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed.

Barista

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had been applying for this particular location for years. finally I had the opportunity to reapply and three days later, received a call from the district manager wanting to set up an interview. I was so excited being that I have wanted to work at Starbucks for so long now. She confirmed my availability with me and told me to come in that week for an interview. Got there about 10 minutes early, asked if I wanted something to drink so I agreed to a tall beverage that was being advertised at that moment. she was probably 30 minutes late so it was awkward just looking around waiting and I didn't want to be on my phone at all. finally she came up to me from behind and mentioned moving to another seat. we got situated and had the interview. there were times when it was personal and I felt comfortable talking with her. when it came time to talk about my availability I got the feeling it wasn't what she wanted (even though I was asked to have an interview based on same availability) he kept asking if I think I could do the job. she said she'd make a decision in a week and that after a background check would take around 2 weeks to complete and 4 full complete weeks before work starts. to be honest I screwed up on the part when she asked about my goals which I hadn't thought of so I talked about how I want to keep growing whether it be in my personal life or with the company. I don't think that's what they wanted to hear. anyway the interview ended and I thanked her for her time. a week passed and I decided to follow up the next day. I called and she told me she was out most of the week and hasn't gotten around to calling yet and that she would be calling them tomorrow. I thanked her and never heard from her again. I'm really hoping I have a chance again in the future to have another interview at this location.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and three days later I was called in for an interview for the Lenox Mall location. My first interview was pretty easy. The manager made it seem like she was going to call me if I got hired. A few days later, she called me for a second interview at a different location. I had did more research about the company, and was a lot more prepared. I answered the questions to the best of my abilities. They told me that if I am choosen, I would hear from them by Saturday. When Saturday came, I grew impatient, and decided to call the manager for a follow-up. She told me she went with another candidate. I was devastated!

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – There was an online assessment, application, and I believe background check (I assume they run only if they intend to make a job offer). I believe there was a phone interview followed by a face to face interview in a professional environment and with pretty standard questions. Interview was prompt, noticeably followed a certain outline, but was improvised upon.

Interview Question – Don't remember, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation went as expected, I aimed higher than I thought I would get and settled at a rate I was comfortable with.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks

I applied online and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – You meet the district manager after you meet the store manager. I think it was specific to that district. I was asked about customer service skills and timeliness and my feelings about uniform. They even offered me a free drink. The process is not long the entire interview was about half hour. Took a month to know I was hired and started working a week later.

Interview Question – How did I go out my way in my previous job?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Apply online and interview with 2 Regional Directors. Be prepared to answer behavioral-based interview questions. The process takes about 1.5 hours for the interview, and some additional time before with the recruiter.

Interview Question – Tell us about a project you were involved in that was failing to meet its objectives.   Answer Question

Store Manager Starbucks Interview

Store Manager Starbucks
Bangor, ME

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter made contact, first interview over phone. DM interview next in person, Regional interview next over the phone. The interview questions were very basic. I think the thing I liked the most about this company is that they genuinely want to get their impression of YOU. They're very kind and respectful and they will always be open to what you say-- whether good or bad. They appreciate honesty and candidness.

Interview Question – The questions are all situational. So be able to recall SPECIFIC times you experienced that instance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary that I felt was competitive and I took it. The benefits for this company are UNREAL.

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied throughout the webpage and the process was smoothly. I was interview by the store manager. At the beginning of the process, she called me and made me some questions related to my personal information and why I applied to Starbucks. We made an appointment and 3 days later we had a face to face interview, which run smoothly. She was very friendly, we introduce each other and made some behavioral questions: Tell me a time when you had a problem with a customer and what did you do? A time when you had a problem with a partner and what did you do to solve it? what did you do when you realized that one of your partners was doing a task wrong? If you have a lot of customers, how do you take their orders?? A time when you felt overwhelm of work, What did you do?. A week later I had other interview with another store manager; she was also very friendly and made me some other behavioral questions. Finally, I got a call 5 days later confirming that I was accepted.

Interview Question – No difficult question, If you haven't experienced the situation implied in a question, you should be sincere and tell your interviewer this; however, the best answer is to tell him how you would react if you experience that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was set on getting hired at Starbucks but also aware that there was supposed to be a pretty complicated process to get through, so I was wary? Anyways, I'm 16, this would be my first job, and the interview process was exceedingly easy for me, though I think it might have been because they had just promoted a manager and were probably looking for a barista. I HAVE TO STRESS THIS: make sure to CALL BACK. Starbucks has like 192034809 different applications just sitting around and if you call every three days and make sure to talk to the manager you'll be sure to get an interview (or that's how it was in my case).

I called the first time and the manager wasn't in, but they took down my name and said she would call back. When she didn't, I called three days later and the manager answered – she actually asked me a few questions there (like a mini-interview over the phone) mostly really basic things like my availability, etc. and then scheduled an interview with me literally the next day. I just went in, dressed in a button down and nice khakis, looking really presentable and answered all her questions with a smile. She basically told me I was hired on the spot pending a background check, no second interview needed. It's really simple, just be sure to be genuine! The managers are really kind and accommodating. The interview questions are all basic STAR (situational) questions so just use your volunteer service to back it up.

ALSO, GET THE DAMN DRINK. I have no idea why you wouldn't, but.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to take the initiative? And why did you? (or something like that!)   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

Interviewed at Starbucks

Interview Details – Online Application then called, asked for store manager and he asked for my name. then asked about my prior experience and had a a discussion about that with me over the phone. Then asked me what does the last page of the application say, and then say We call you if we want you, when you call we write your name down to skip your application

Interview Question – didn't get the job because i called to ask the status of application, the company didn't like that   Answer Question