Starbucks Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed with a Starbucks recruiter for a Manager position and I've been waiting for a follow up call back or an email for almost a month. I contacted the recruiter by email and by phone and I didn't get a response. I looked online and the position has been filled. I loved the company before I was treated like this and I would never suggest anyone to work for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Applied on-line. Was contacted a month later for an interview. Had phone interview with the recruiter. Asked about resume and past experience. Was also told more about the position, which did NOT match the description I applied to. Was told the next step was an interview with the hiring manager, but that he was traveling so not sure when we could speak.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Full day of interviews. Four to five interviews. Each interview either had one or two people in each interview. Interviews were largely behavioral / personality / resume review based. Different levels were part of the interview process. For the manager role, interviews consisted of an SFA panel, other Managers, Directors, and the VP.

Interview Questions

• What opportunity areas do you have and how will you seek to improve upon them if/should you work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email from the recruiter the very next morning. We set up a time for a phone interview 2 days later. We talked for about an hour then she set up a time for me to meet the DM the next day. I don't think it would have been a great fit but the recruiter was absolutely lovely to deal with and the DM was very nice as well. The questions were the basic behavioral type interview questions. The recruiter called me a couple days after the interview to let me know that they decided to go with another candidate and her message was by far the nicest of its kind I could ever imagine receiving. All in all a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision that affected your entire organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Altos Hills, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

one on one interview discussed work culture and committment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

one you complete the phone, then you wait for a call for a meet and greet, then after that you are scheduled based on performance,before the actual panel interview with two district managers

Interview Questions

• tell us why u want to be a starbucks manager   Answer Question
    • what type of unsolicited feed back have you got back from customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied online, was briefly interviewed on the phone and then scheduled a panel interview for a week later. The interview was friendly a little bit daunting walking into a room full off managers/district managers/hr personelle, but it was professional and the questions were typical. I was applying for a management position and was offered an assistant management position, with the opportunity for growth. I accepted the offer and worked for SB for 1.5 years no promotion but was moved to a closer than I currently worked at by request.

Interview Questions

• As a manager how do you better yourself if you are the boss and no one is there to coach you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Huntersville, NC) in March 2008.

Interview

First initial contact was a short phone interview with a HR person. The process was brief and consisted of 5 to 7 questions that questioned your honesty and integrity. Second was a 1:1 with an HR manager. That was much more detailed. It was basically the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered an irate customer? describe your actions   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Process involves three rounds: 1) Phone Screen by HR Rep 2) Phone interview by Hiring Manager 3) Phone interview by Other Functional Mgrs Note: Follow up questions addressed via direct-line phone call.

Interview Questions

• How would your former reports (employees) describe your leadership style, and how does their description differ from yours? Explain.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

Interview

I want to be working for an excellent company like yours in a job in which I am managing information. I plan to contribute my leadership, interpersonal, and technical skills. My long-range career goal is to be the best information systems technician I can for the company I work for.

Interview Questions

• What influenced you to choose this career?   1 Answer
    • At what point did you choose this career?   1 Answer