Starbucks

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Applied on-line.
Was contacted a month later for an interview.
Had phone interview with the recruiter. Asked about resume and past experience. Was also told more about the position, which did NOT match the description I applied to. Was told the next step was an interview with the hiring manager, but that he was traveling so not sure when we could speak.

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Full day of interviews. Four to five interviews. Each interview either had one or two people in each interview. Interviews were largely behavioral / personality / resume review based. Different levels were part of the interview process. For the manager role, interviews consisted of an SFA panel, other Managers, Directors, and the VP.

Interview Question – What opportunity areas do you have and how will you seek to improve upon them if/should you work here?   Answer Question

Harrisburg, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received an email from the recruiter the very next morning. We set up a time for a phone interview 2 days later. We talked for about an hour then she set up a time for me to meet the DM the next day. I don't think it would have been a great fit but the recruiter was absolutely lovely to deal with and the DM was very nice as well. The questions were the basic behavioral type interview questions. The recruiter called me a couple days after the interview to let me know that they decided to go with another candidate and her message was by far the nicest of its kind I could ever imagine receiving. All in all a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a decision that affected your entire organization.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Los Altos Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2011.

Interview Details – one on one interview discussed work culture and committment

Interview Question – how would i handle a difficult employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – one you complete the phone, then you wait for a call for a meet and greet, then after that you are scheduled based on performance,before the actual panel interview with two district managers

Huntersville, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2008.

Interview Details – First initial contact was a short phone interview with a HR person. The process was brief and consisted of 5 to 7 questions that questioned your honesty and integrity. Second was a 1:1 with an HR manager. That was much more detailed. It was basically the STAR method.

Interview Question – Have you ever encountered an irate customer? describe your actions   View Answer

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online, was briefly interviewed on the phone and then scheduled a panel interview for a week later. The interview was friendly a little bit daunting walking into a room full off managers/district managers/hr personelle, but it was professional and the questions were typical. I was applying for a management position and was offered an assistant management position, with the opportunity for growth. I accepted the offer and worked for SB for 1.5 years no promotion but was moved to a closer than I currently worked at by request.

Interview Question – As a manager how do you better yourself if you are the boss and no one is there to coach you?   View Answer

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Process involves three rounds:
1) Phone Screen by HR Rep
2) Phone interview by Hiring Manager
3) Phone interview by Other Functional Mgrs
Note: Follow up questions addressed via direct-line phone call.

Interview Question – How would your former reports (employees) describe your leadership style, and how does their description differ from yours? Explain.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

Interview Details – I want to be working for an excellent company like yours in a job in which I am managing information. I plan to contribute my leadership, interpersonal, and technical skills. My long-range career goal is to be the best information systems technician I can for the company I work for.

MANAGER Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on line. Two days later, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Questioning was confusing, not quite sure what the interviewer was asking. When giving answers, they dont seem to take into consideration the industry you had been in previously. Didnt seem to consider qualifications, seemed to be based on whether you had a good rapor....dont know what they were looking for, yet it seems as though they need a better hiring process

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.