Starbucks Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Applied on-line.
Was contacted a month later for an interview.
Had phone interview with the recruiter. Asked about resume and past experience. Was also told more about the position, which did NOT match the description I applied to. Was told the next step was an interview with the hiring manager, but that he was traveling so not sure when we could speak.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Full day of interviews. Four to five interviews. Each interview either had one or two people in each interview. Interviews were largely behavioral / personality / resume review based. Different levels were part of the interview process. For the manager role, interviews consisted of an SFA panel, other Managers, Directors, and the VP.

Interview Questions
    • What opportunity areas do you have and how will you seek to improve upon them if/should you work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2012.

I filled out an application online and received an email from the recruiter the very next morning. We set up a time for a phone interview 2 days later. We talked for about an hour then she set up a time for me to meet the DM the next day. I don't think it would have been a great fit but the recruiter was absolutely lovely to deal with and the DM was very nice as well. The questions were the basic behavioral type interview questions. The recruiter called me a couple days after the interview to let me know that they decided to go with another candidate and her message was by far the nicest of its kind I could ever imagine receiving. All in all a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that affected your entire organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Altos Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Altos Hills, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2011.

one on one interview discussed work culture and committment

very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

one you complete the phone, then you wait for a call for a meet and greet, then after that you are scheduled based on performance,before the actual panel interview with two district managers

Interview Questions
    • tell us why u want to be a starbucks manager   Answer Question
    • what type of unsolicited feed back have you got back from customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2008.

First initial contact was a short phone interview with a HR person. The process was brief and consisted of 5 to 7 questions that questioned your honesty and integrity. Second was a 1:1 with an HR manager. That was much more detailed. It was basically the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever encountered an irate customer? describe your actions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2008.

I applied online, was briefly interviewed on the phone and then scheduled a panel interview for a week later. The interview was friendly a little bit daunting walking into a room full off managers/district managers/hr personelle, but it was professional and the questions were typical. I was applying for a management position and was offered an assistant management position, with the opportunity for growth. I accepted the offer and worked for SB for 1.5 years no promotion but was moved to a closer than I currently worked at by request.

Interview Questions
    • As a manager how do you better yourself if you are the boss and no one is there to coach you?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Process involves three rounds:
    1) Phone Screen by HR Rep
    2) Phone interview by Hiring Manager
    3) Phone interview by Other Functional Mgrs
    Note: Follow up questions addressed via direct-line phone call.

Interview Questions
    • How would your former reports (employees) describe your leadership style, and how does their description differ from yours? Explain.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

I want to be working for an excellent company like yours in a job in which I am managing information. I plan to contribute my leadership, interpersonal, and technical skills. My long-range career goal is to be the best information systems technician I can for the company I work for.

Interview Questions
    • What influenced you to choose this career?   View Answer
    • At what point did you choose this career?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

I applied on line. Two days later, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Questioning was confusing, not quite sure what the interviewer was asking. When giving answers, they dont seem to take into consideration the industry you had been in previously. Didnt seem to consider qualifications, seemed to be based on whether you had a good rapor....dont know what they were looking for, yet it seems as though they need a better hiring process

Interview Questions
    • What was one of the most difficult things you had to do as a manager?   Answer Question
    • What was your best accomplishment in this field?   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!