Starbucks Interview Questions in Michigan

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Rochester, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

they needed people so i did the "phone" interview in person with the team leader for starbucks at target, then i waited ten minutes and i did the second interview with the GM. real basic questions, super friendly and positive environment.

Interview Questions

• when was a time that you had to ask someone that was superior to you for more help   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. Maybe 15 to 20 minutes. General questions. I felt I did pretty well and the interviewer seemed to like me. She told me there would be a second interview and I should get a call later that day or the beginning of next week at the latest. Well,that call never came. I found this misleading and rude. I didn't even know there was a second interview process. If she didn't think I was a good fit, she shouldn't of given me hope. I sat around waiting for a call that didn't come like an idiot for a few days. It was misleading, and in my case I really needed a job asap. It took away from me applying to other jobs because I took the second interview offer as a good sign.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was called a couple days later. I first had a phone interview, and then was called in for an in person one. The interviewer was very nice and easy to talk to, and the questions were pretty easy. For the in person interview, they were mostly behavioral type questions, like what would you do in certain situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Gratiot, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Fort Gratiot, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and 10 minutes later I got a call from the store manager. She wanted to clarify with me why I requested a part-time position when I had such open availability, and after I explained she told me she wanted to set up an interview. The interview was like most, with mostly situational/behavior-based questions. She wanted specific examples to answer the questions, not just generally what you would do in the situation given. The manager/interviewer also asked me about my past jobs and what I liked and didn't like about them. Be sure to have well-thought questions to ask at the end of the interview, beyond what the wage is or when you'll know if you got the job. It really helped me to prepare an answer for the example interview questions people have submitted on here for Starbucks. The interview went very well but unfortunately the location was not hiring, just preparing for when a couple of their partners leave for full-time jobs elsewhere. The manager told me she would call as soon as a position came available.

Interview Questions

• How do you build good relationships with your fellow employees?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you did not meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Detroit, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks. Called in for an in-person interview about a week after filling out application online. Had interview, was called 2 days later and offered job pending background check which takes up to a week. Then scheduled training.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Plymouth, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Took a long time to get a call back, had a phone interview with a recruiter and then a one on one with the district manager. Very short questions based on certain experiences I've had in previous life experiences

Barista Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Royal Oak, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

Everything was behaivoral based questions

Interview Questions

• I was asked when I treated someone with respect even though the other had not   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate and they pay close to minimum wage.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a telephone interview that was very structured and the in person interview was very laid back. They ask questions wanting you to give actionable examples of your experience. It was nothing too out of the ordinary. The biggest thing my interviewers kept focusing on was treating team members as people and having a humble approach to service.

Anonymous Employee in Shelby Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Shelby Township, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty relaxed. Manager and co-manager. Did it in-store with customers around. They kept the mood light by telling jokes. It was also nice that they offered me a drink for free. Pretty short interview, it only took about 15 minutes. I received a phone call within a half hour offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life where you took the initiative   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Marquette, MI).

Interview

Interview seemed quite standard. Typical "tell me about a time..." questions. Manager didn't seem too concerned about the answer I gave honestly. The rest of the staff was very quiet during my interview, either trying to listen, or trying not to upset the manager while she was on the floor. Normally very loud and enthusiastic when she isn't present.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your manager. What did you do about it? What was the outcome?" I hate this question. It's a trap. Of course, at some point in time, you will face this dilemma, and your manager ultimately just wants you to shut up and carry on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In our area there isn't much negotiating. I mentioned that I worked for $9 before and I would expect $9 again, they pretty much were like "Yea....we'll minimum wage is $7.40, so that's what we'll be paying you." Most employees are treated as very disposable. On many an instance, you will hear a manager say, "If you don't like it, quit. I could hire 10 of you by tomorrow."