Starbucks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

Interview Details – There was a telephone interview that was very structured and the in person interview was very laid back. They ask questions wanting you to give actionable examples of your experience. It was nothing too out of the ordinary. The biggest thing my interviewers kept focusing on was treating team members as people and having a humble approach to service.

Barista Starbucks Interview

Barista Starbucks
Royal Oak, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Everything was behaivoral based questions

Interview Question – I was asked when I treated someone with respect even though the other had not   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate and they pay close to minimum wage.

Very Easy Interview

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in December 2011.

Interview Details – applied online, got a call after one month for interview. interview was easy, basic customer service experience questions and workplace related questions. and then was scheduled for another interview for second opinion at another starbucks with another manager.

Negotiation Details – i applied for assistant manager but they said they dont need one right now, so they offered me barista position with the minimum wage. i took it thinking i would get promoted later based on my experience and work but never happened.

Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 2 managers: first interview with a manger at the store I applied to and second interview with the manager of the store that was looking to hire me because my availability better suited the second store. Interview was relatively easy, both managers were very friendly, smiled a lot, and were engaged in the conversation and interview questions.

Interview Question – In my first interview the manager asked if I ever hung out with co-workers outside of work, which i thought was an odd question. He was coming at the question with the angle of 'do I look for opportunities to get along with my co-workers and build positive relationships', but I still thought it was odd to suggest that your willingness to hang out with co-workers outside of work is indicative of whether you are willing to build positive relationships with co-workers while at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Macomb, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2012.

Interview Details – When you have your interview and the manager or district manager feel as if you would be an adequate addition to our team, you are hired and are called in for "first impressions." First impressions consists of a coffee tasting and a rough idea of our recipes, products that we offer, values that we accompany, and some history on Starbucks as a company (and what we're moving towards).

Interview Question – What do you know about coffee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was "we pay minimum wage, but you get tips every week which usually add $2.00 an hour to your pay in cash, a pound of coffee per week to do with as you please and great benefits plus stock options. Which I was okay with to start, but being here so long I'd hope to make more financially by now.

Marquette, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Interview seemed quite standard. Typical "tell me about a time..." questions. Manager didn't seem too concerned about the answer I gave honestly. The rest of the staff was very quiet during my interview, either trying to listen, or trying not to upset the manager while she was on the floor. Normally very loud and enthusiastic when she isn't present.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your manager. What did you do about it? What was the outcome?" I hate this question. It's a trap. Of course, at some point in time, you will face this dilemma, and your manager ultimately just wants you to shut up and carry on.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In our area there isn't much negotiating. I mentioned that I worked for $9 before and I would expect $9 again, they pretty much were like "Yea....we'll minimum wage is $7.40, so that's what we'll be paying you." Most employees are treated as very disposable. On many an instance, you will hear a manager say, "If you don't like it, quit. I could hire 10 of you by tomorrow."

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen and then group interview by HR staff and store managers

Interview Question – As a General Manager with no authority keeping you on task how do you educate and motivate yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After interview received a call within one week with a job offer

Roseville, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2011.

Interview Details – Application, test, and resume submitted online. Received call from general manager about 1 week later. Interviewed with GM. Lasted about 40 minutes. Received call from GM about 1 week later with job offer. Started 3 weeks after that.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. The questions were standard for a retail, customer service, food service interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online, was briefly interviewed on the phone and then scheduled a panel interview for a week later. The interview was friendly a little bit daunting walking into a room full off managers/district managers/hr personelle, but it was professional and the questions were typical. I was applying for a management position and was offered an assistant management position, with the opportunity for growth. I accepted the offer and worked for SB for 1.5 years no promotion but was moved to a closer than I currently worked at by request.

Interview Question – As a manager how do you better yourself if you are the boss and no one is there to coach you?   View Answer

Mount Pleasant, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2008.

Interview Details – the interview process was a basic interview that consisted of behavior questions and situational questions. the manager was very easy to talk to and presentation counted just as much as the answers did. remember to dress well, a shirt tie and slack is a must!

Interview Question – no question i remember   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!