Starbucks

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

They only talked with me for about 10-15 minutes and it was out on the floor with customers. It seemed unprofessional and rushed. I had plenty of experience working at a coffee shop previously as a barista but Starbucks thought that was a negative. They want clean slates that they can mould at their '8 week training bootcamp'.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

A friend of mine recommended that I worked at this company because of the experience and benefits. I applied online and I was called the week after. I met with the Store Manager and the interview went very well. I followed up a week after. I received the position.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that will help this store grow?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Montclair, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Upper Montclair, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Applied on company website, got a call three days later

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2010.

I had one interview with two top level executives. They asked questions based on everyday experiences within the job and how I handled it and why or what or how it was executed.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewee wanted to know how I handled a situation so I explained the scenario and she got mad that I didn't get the gossip of the situation. It was a partner (employee) situation, so it involved people she was familiar with and instead of focusing on how I made the resolve in a quick, quiet and professional manner, she wanted the guts of the story. I was disgusted with her.   Answer Question
    They said this is the typical range for ASM's and bc I have a college degree, I requested more and they said ok.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2010.

my interview experience was interesting and it felt like it took forever, probably because i was nervous. it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be though. overall it was a pretty positive experience in the end i didnt get the job because my class schedule was too packed for them to be able to give me optimal hours.

Interview Questions
    • how do you think you can add to the work enviroment of starbucks?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2009.

Recruiter contacted me based on a Resume she found floating around somewhere. Had me take an online assessment test which consisted of fairly obvious choices and some P&L problems....nothing too major. After the test, we scheduled a phone interview. Consisted of basic employment history questions. Also asked if I was interviewing with anyone else and who (very unprofessional). To my surprise, there were literally no behavioral questions like people mentioned. Interview lasted roughly 20 minutes, and got a call the next day saying they were going to pursue other candidates. I would be wary and ask the recruiter more questions upfront before the actual interview. The one I had was obviously not qualified, as a decision was made based on practically no career probing whatsoever. 12+ years of management experience, so I doubt I am under-qualified. Again, be very careful of the recruiter you speak to, it could cost you a job!