Starbucks

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Starbucks in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process took 1 week. interview with store manager & district manager following day.
Was in training on & off for about two weeks. Very easy to learn & figure out... great environment for young people to work.

Interview Question – Interview questions were pretty casual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very laid back. Inquire about your coffee knowledge and why you re interested in becoming a partner with Starbucks. What kind of strengths do you think you could bring to the company? How do you handle irate customers were some of questions they asked of me. All in all a very easy interview process. It took about 45 minutes to complete.

Interview Question – what is difference between being a leader and leadership?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called 2 days later. After a brief (and unprofessional) phone interview, I was asked to come in the next day for an in store interview. After having a 15 minute interview with the assisstant store manager, I was told I would receive a call to come in for training after a background check. I was called a week later to start the following Monday.

Interview Question – What do you like best about Starbucks? Why a coffee shop? Can you deal with this fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, starting pay is 9$ P/H

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by one of my friends who works there and so he recommended me for an interview and so I took the steps in the hiring process. I applied online and 2 days later got called in for an interview. That same day of my interview I got two interviews on the spot with two different managers. They asked simple questions such as why Starbucks and so on. From there they told me I should receive a follow up two days after. The next day I got called in to meet with the district manager and got interview as well.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a ride customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online march 18, got called on saturday march 22nd and we scheduled a interview for monday march 24 at 12:30pm. Got called back the next day saying i got the job. And to go in this thursday march 27th to get my schedule.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   View Answer
  • Are you familiar with starbucks dress code, do you have any problems with it?   View Answer
  • What do you think starbucks is about?   View Answer
  • If you get nervous its okay to say it   View Answer
  • I see you are wearing nail polish, is it going be a problem for you since we dont allow employees to paint their nails?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was asked to do two interviews - my first initial interview included talking about my interest in the company, as well as my experiences with Starbucks' ethical bean growth and farming; I expressed that I was drawn to Starbucks because it is known to be one of the most LGBT-friendly companies out there. The manager (at the time) acknowledged this, then let me know that I would have to speak to the manager of another store for my secondary interview. That interview went smoothly, and was more focused on availability and personal attributes. The interviews are supposed to feel like casual conversation over a cup of espresso/coffee, which both managers emulated perfectly. I did not feel nervous/affronted by them at all.

Interview Question – Do you plan on making a commitment to this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called me in and gave me the instructions for my training day. It was incredibly simple.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly easy. Met with the Assistant Store Manager and she asked me basic questions about my resume and job application. They ask what do you know about coffee, but nothing challenging.

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, I accepted the job.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2013.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work for Starbucks? Do you like coffee? What's your favorite drink? How did you fix a problem that you caused? Could you have avoided it? What was a time you couldn't do anything about a problem? Can you work under stress?

Interview Question – What was a time you couldn't do anything about a problem? Did you try?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2011.

Interview Details – They usually call you back after reviewing your application on the inside store portal. Ive seen my Manager do this a few times. Having open Availability is a plus. The interview was quite quick. The three main questions I recieved was why do you I wish to work for starbucks? can I handle a fast pace work enviorment. and what did I like about coffe.

Interview Question – what I liked most about coffee.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was a standard interview process. I went into the store, told them I was there for an interview and they offered me a free drink. A few minutes later the assistant manager walks out and we have a small interview. It was maybe 30 minutes, 40 minutes max. He asked the general interview questions, i.e. explain a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer, what would you do if you saw a coworker doing something wrong, etc. We also talked about hours of availability etc.

Interview Question – I don't think any of them were that difficult. It might help to think about some general interview questions before going, just so you are more prepared and can give faster responses.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!