Starbucks

Updated Nov 27, 2014

2.1

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

When you first get into the store and tell the barista you're looking for the manager, they offer you a drink. So, I got a coffee and the barista asked me to sit and wait because the store was really busy at that moment. I sat and waited for probably half an hour. The manager called me into the backroom/stockroom/her office? for the interview. She asked basic questions like What is your experience with customer service? Have you ever had a customer who was dissatisfied and what did you do about it? She was reading off a sheet the entire time so I guess they were pre-made questions. The manager was super friendly and the interview was really laid back.

Barista Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

Filled out a basic online form at the Starbucks website, selected stores near me that I could work at and got a response within a few days. Interview was easygoing and straightforward, there was no question that I had trouble answering. I was basically hired on the spot, all I had to do was give my manager a call a few days afterwards and find a good first day to come in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or pressy, I wasn't asked if I was fired or why or anything uncomfortable like that. The most difficult question was whether I could accept $8.05 an hour!   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

I applied online march 18, got called on saturday march 22nd and we scheduled a interview for monday march 24 at 12:30pm. Got called back the next day saying i got the job. And to go in this thursday march 27th to get my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company?   View Answer
    • Are you familiar with starbucks dress code, do you have any problems with it?   View Answer
    • What do you think starbucks is about?   View Answer
    • If you get nervous its okay to say it   View Answer
    • I see you are wearing nail polish, is it going be a problem for you since we dont allow employees to paint their nails?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

I was referred by one of my friends who works there and so he recommended me for an interview and so I took the steps in the hiring process. I applied online and 2 days later got called in for an interview. That same day of my interview I got two interviews on the spot with two different managers. They asked simple questions such as why Starbucks and so on. From there they told me I should receive a follow up two days after. The next day I got called in to meet with the district manager and got interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a ride customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Very laid back. Inquire about your coffee knowledge and why you re interested in becoming a partner with Starbucks. What kind of strengths do you think you could bring to the company? How do you handle irate customers were some of questions they asked of me. All in all a very easy interview process. It took about 45 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • what is difference between being a leader and leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in August 2013.

I applied online and was called 2 days later. After a brief (and unprofessional) phone interview, I was asked to come in the next day for an in store interview. After having a 15 minute interview with the assisstant store manager, I was told I would receive a call to come in for training after a background check. I was called a week later to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like best about Starbucks? Why a coffee shop? Can you deal with this fast-paced environment?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, starting pay is 9$ P/H

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

It was a standard interview process. I went into the store, told them I was there for an interview and they offered me a free drink. A few minutes later the assistant manager walks out and we have a small interview. It was maybe 30 minutes, 40 minutes max. He asked the general interview questions, i.e. explain a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer, what would you do if you saw a coworker doing something wrong, etc. We also talked about hours of availability etc.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any of them were that difficult. It might help to think about some general interview questions before going, just so you are more prepared and can give faster responses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Walked into store and spoke to Assistant Store Manager (ASM) and he liked me so he communicated with the Store Manager and I was called back to schedule an interview that day

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. Nothing out of the norm or extremely difficult. Most likely you'll be interviewed by the Store Manager, the District Manager and someone else in authority.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but different Starbucks can start you at different pay rates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2013.

I was asked to do two interviews - my first initial interview included talking about my interest in the company, as well as my experiences with Starbucks' ethical bean growth and farming; I expressed that I was drawn to Starbucks because it is known to be one of the most LGBT-friendly companies out there. The manager (at the time) acknowledged this, then let me know that I would have to speak to the manager of another store for my secondary interview. That interview went smoothly, and was more focused on availability and personal attributes. The interviews are supposed to feel like casual conversation over a cup of espresso/coffee, which both managers emulated perfectly. I did not feel nervous/affronted by them at all.

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan on making a commitment to this company?   View Answer
    They called me in and gave me the instructions for my training day. It was incredibly simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2013.

Why do you want to work for Starbucks? Do you like coffee? What's your favorite drink? How did you fix a problem that you caused? Could you have avoided it? What was a time you couldn't do anything about a problem? Can you work under stress?

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you couldn't do anything about a problem? Did you try?   Answer Question