Starbucks

Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.4

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

When you first get into the store and tell the barista you're looking for the manager, they offer you a drink. So, I got a coffee and the barista asked me to sit and wait because the store was really busy at that moment. I sat and waited for probably half an hour. The manager called me into the backroom/stockroom/her office? for the interview. She asked basic questions like What is your experience with customer service? Have you ever had a customer who was dissatisfied and what did you do about it? She was reading off a sheet the entire time so I guess they were pre-made questions. The manager was super friendly and the interview was really laid back.

Barista Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

Filled out a basic online form at the Starbucks website, selected stores near me that I could work at and got a response within a few days. Interview was easygoing and straightforward, there was no question that I had trouble answering. I was basically hired on the spot, all I had to do was give my manager a call a few days afterwards and find a good first day to come in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or pressy, I wasn't asked if I was fired or why or anything uncomfortable like that. The most difficult question was whether I could accept $8.05 an hour!   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

I applied online and received a call a week later, though it was a week day at 1. I was able to schedual an interview the same day, and went to the interview. I was offered the free drink, as per usual for starbucks interviews, and declined (due to having some earlier and I was already jittery). My interviewer noticed and commented on it. He then proceeded to fill out some sort of packet that he asked me questions from, most were about past experiences I've had dealing with people. His own body language was very closed off and he kept looking over at his workers and checking his phone. He at one point told me to stop referring to my volenteer experience as my answers. Overall it was very stressful on my end. He did however call me back a week later to inform me I never got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

I applied online march 18, got called on saturday march 22nd and we scheduled a interview for monday march 24 at 12:30pm. Got called back the next day saying i got the job. And to go in this thursday march 27th to get my schedule.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company?   View Answer
    • Are you familiar with starbucks dress code, do you have any problems with it?   View Answer
    • What do you think starbucks is about?   View Answer
    • If you get nervous its okay to say it   View Answer
    • I see you are wearing nail polish, is it going be a problem for you since we dont allow employees to paint their nails?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

I was referred by one of my friends who works there and so he recommended me for an interview and so I took the steps in the hiring process. I applied online and 2 days later got called in for an interview. That same day of my interview I got two interviews on the spot with two different managers. They asked simple questions such as why Starbucks and so on. From there they told me I should receive a follow up two days after. The next day I got called in to meet with the district manager and got interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a ride customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks.

I applied online to numerous Starbucks locations. I got a call from the manager a few days later asking me to come into the store for an interview. I met with the manager and he asked me about my previous experience and other things on my application. Very informal, easy process.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Very laid back. Inquire about your coffee knowledge and why you re interested in becoming a partner with Starbucks. What kind of strengths do you think you could bring to the company? How do you handle irate customers were some of questions they asked of me. All in all a very easy interview process. It took about 45 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • what is difference between being a leader and leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2013.

I applied online and received call for an interview a few days after. I was offered a free drink before the interview. Turns out I wasn't the only one they were interviewing that day and had to wait 10 minutes for the manager. The manager was very nice and understanding, making me much more relaxed. She asked questions like:

Why do you want to work at Starbucks?
    What's your favorite drink at Starbucks?
    What type of person are you and what do you do in your free time?
    Name a time you received unexpected criticism and how did it affect your work performance?
    Name a time you failed to reach a customer's expectations and how you handled it?
    How did you handle a co-worker that disrespected you?

Interview lasted around 20 minutes. The manager was impressed and said she might not even schedule me for a second interview at another Starbucks. She sent me an email regarding a background check and told me to expect a call. Received call with offer a week after background check.

No negotiation. Baristas start at $9/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2013.

Process took a week, got called for an interview on the same day... was asked to come back for a second interview a couple of days later.

NO Negotiation,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

When I got to the location to interview, I was offered a drink of my choice by the cashier. I asked for water, and while the store manager made it up, we made small talk. I was then asked to have a seat by a side table. After we shook hands, we began the interview, with various scenario-based questions being asked. At one point, the assistant manager trainee took over the interview, and also began asking me questions. I was fortunate in that the Assistant Manager trainee was giving me feedback on my answers (one such instance being "I like the solution you were able to find for your problem.")

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you treated a co-worker with fairness and respect, even though they had not treated you in a similar fashion.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult decision you had to make at work where you didn’t know the right answer or course of action.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you received unexpected critical feedback about your performance. How did the feedback affect your performance?   View Answer
    • What do you do to make sure tasks get completed on time?   View Answer
    I was initially offered minimum wage ($7.25). I requested $8.25, citing my 6 years of prior experience in the retail/service industry. The manager accepted. After the wage was settled, I waited 3 weeks for a background check from Starbucks Global Security to clear. After the background check cleared, I was asked to come in for orientation the next day.