Starbucks Interview Questions in New York State

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Latham, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I received a call from the store manager asking to come in for an interview the following day. I went and they offered a free drink and I sat down and waited about 5 minutes and she came over and the interview started. She first asked me about availability and we chatted about that and transportation. Then she asked me basic situational questions about my past experience. The questions were easy and if you've had a job before dealing with any type of customer service your answers should come relatively easy. If not you should practice some typical interview questions. She seemed to love me and she hired me right there and told me to look for an email to finish the hiring process with the background check. Took 2 days and then she gave me my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you didn't meet the customer expectation? How did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time were you have provided good customer service? Explain the situation.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was really easy. I came into the Starbucks on 47th & 6th ave in nyc, the manager and supervisor were very friendly. I definitely prepared myself & did background research beforehand.

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself, how would you handle a situation where there was a rude customer, tell me about your past work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Syosset, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applies online and selected the closest stores to where I live. After a couple days one contacted me to set up an interview a couple days later. When I arrived I was interviewed for about ten to fifteen minutes in the front of the store where I would be working by the manager. He asked first for information about myself as an introduction. He asked what kind of experience I had and for an example of a time I handled a difficult customer well and an example of a time I provided excellent service to a customer. After the interview he told me he was interviewing more people and would contact me by the end of that week. Once I heard back from him I was instructed to go to a certain website and enter my information so that I could have a background check done. After that I was ready to begin training.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I dont remember but it took a while. I constantly send an application to starbucks because I really want to work there but I never get a call. I didnt bothee to call them about it either. So one day, I got a call saying that i applied a couple weeks ago (i didnt even remember but i played along) and asked me to come in to an interview so I said I'll be there. So an hojr before my interview, i got another call saying to reschedule and I said that is fine, and I can do it in such and such days blahah blah.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to Starbucks on the Starbucks website. I literally applied to like 20 locations ; They let you apply to 5 locations at once. So take advantage ! I got a call back after 3-4 days.First Phone interview was simple, they asked what I used to do at my last job and availability. I believe they transferred me to another store, because a location i didn't apply to called me back 2 hours later. On this phone interview he asked what school i attended, what tasks i did at my last job to improve customer service, and my availability, basically the same like the other. Then after the questions he told me come in for an interview two days after. My interview was at 2pm, got there 10 min early, they offer you a drink, i accepted, I heard it was apart of the interview. So it would be best if you take it too. They are suppose to interview you twice, once at the original store and with another manager at a different store. But he did mines both at once, so two people were interviewing me at the same time. I was so freakin nervous!!! They basically asked behavioral questions on how to deal with customers and handling authority criticism, and the famous question why you want to work at starbucks. The interview lasted 15 minutes . They were very friendly. At the end they asked do you have any questions. Make sure you come up with a question to ask, so you seem interested. He then told me they are going to run a background check and later on in the day i will get an email and a call pertaining the BC. He did call precisely 10 minutes after asking for date of birth, and saying if the BC came back as a pass, they will call to see if your still interested. which to me basically meant they wanted to hire me. 4 business days after the background check, I got a call back saying they wanted to hire me for the job, and that I started two days after.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict you had with a co-worker?Did you ever have a task where you had to work efficiently in a matter of time?How did you handle?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle criticism from your manager? Did you ever make any mistakes at your previous job, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?How did you do with customer service on last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at starbucks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No i was not. they did not mention my salary pay until my first day. My stores starting rate was $11.00/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty fair not too short not too quick, I wouldnt say it was easy but goes really smoothly. The interviewer kept eye contact, almost as if he was reading your every movement and face; they did a pretty good job with distractions, didn't allow random people to just walk through or watch.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to Starbucks and not any other competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY).

Interview

When you first get into the store and tell the barista you're looking for the manager, they offer you a drink. So, I got a coffee and the barista asked me to sit and wait because the store was really busy at that moment. I sat and waited for probably half an hour. The manager called me into the backroom/stockroom/her office? for the interview. She asked basic questions like What is your experience with customer service? Have you ever had a customer who was dissatisfied and what did you do about it? She was reading off a sheet the entire time so I guess they were pre-made questions. The manager was super friendly and the interview was really laid back.

Barista Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out a basic online form at the Starbucks website, selected stores near me that I could work at and got a response within a few days. Interview was easygoing and straightforward, there was no question that I had trouble answering. I was basically hired on the spot, all I had to do was give my manager a call a few days afterwards and find a good first day to come in.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult or pressy, I wasn't asked if I was fired or why or anything uncomfortable like that. The most difficult question was whether I could accept $8.05 an hour!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply online, recieved a call a week later,did phone interview, asked to come in a week later,it was a group interview, got offered job a week later,the did a back ground check and that took another week. N then started working.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

A panel interview with two area district managers where they ask a pre-determined set of questions. I prepared a coffee tasting which I presented first. The interview was fairly conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without having all of the information. What do you wish you had known and what would you have done differently   Answer Question