Starbucks Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Completed an application online and got a call a couple of days later saying if I could come in on the same day. So I hurried to get there and I sat down with the hiring manager and saw that there was another woman next to her writing notes and keeping an eye on her, that made the hiring manager way more nervous than I was so it was kind of hard to talk to her, the whole process was sorta messy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Wilmington, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Took over a month. Was referred by a friend and was told to just stop in. They were very busy at the recommended time and I waited over an hour for them to just ask simple questions and then say come back in a week for a second interview where they asked the same simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Just simple questions were asked such as what my plans for the future were and some background.   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Clayton, NC).

Interview

I was called up about a week after I put in my application online. They brought me in for an interview and within 2 weeks of submitting my application, I was hired. They really needed people that were willing to work weekends and during holidays. They hire the most people right after summer, because all of their specialty beverages (Pumpkin Spice Latte, etc etc) are mainly fall and winter drinks and people go nuts over them.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Starbucks beverage, what would you be? What represents who you are and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Durham, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

I filled out an online application weeks ago, when I knew I would be moving to the area. No response. I called a couple of stores in the area, and one very helpful barista told me which specific stores in the area were hiring. (Great info!) I called THOSE specific stores and everyone told me the same thing - fill out the online application. I filled out the online application AGAIN, making sure to select the hiring stores. About 4 days after not hearing anything, I walked into one of the stores and talked to the manager. I shook his hand and told him I applied. He was super friendly and said he'd take a look at my application. He called the next day and set up an interview! The interview was harder than I expected; he asked a lot of situational questions that I had a difficult time answering. But all in all, it was pleasant. He offered me a job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you help out your coworkers, even when they didn't deserve it? Why did you help them out? How do you get things done on time? When was a time when a supervisor gave you unexpected negative feedback?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Filled out an application online..Called the store 3 days later asking to check on the status of my application.She had me come in that day for an interview. We sat at one of the tables and she reviewed my online application,then asked about 5-6 questions (all dealing with past situations at work as far as how I handled them) She also went over all the benefits of working there and sort of explained what its like to work at her particular store....She really liked me and wanted me to meet with the other store manager down the street that same evening (its protocol for them to have you meet with 2 different managers before being considered) He wasn't available that night but I ended up meeting with him that next day and basically did the same thing with him. He explained to me that he started as a barista and now was the manager.He also explained that Starbucks is a pretty cool company to work for etc etc....They both seemed to really like me,and he explained that he would be meeting with her after he got off to discuss my interview....She called me 2 days later offering me the job! She explained she would have to send out a background check and then I'd have to fill out paperwork. After that I should be starting in about a week! (:

Interview Questions

• Hmmmmm .....none that I can think of. My best advice would just to be answer all the questions the best that you can. They can tell if your nervous or making stuff up.Just be yourself! (:   Answer Question

Negotiation

She called and offered me the job, there really was no "negotiation" since she explained everything throughly during the interview process as far as what to expect when joining the team.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Starbucks (Jacksonville, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied on line and was contacted by a recruiter for the company within a of a few days. Was set up for an interview with the district manager. Interview was a lot more vague than expected. was offered position of assistant manager at an undisclosed location. it was stated that I would be a store manager within a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I had worked in a similar setting before and knew the manager so I didn't have to do much of an interview. I worked at one on a college campus and I had worked at Starbucks previously so it was easy to go back and had minimal training

Coffee Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Raleigh, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Met with manager and would-be co-worker for 20 minute interview. Talked about the responsibilities and daily tasks. Manager asked about shift I would like to work - there was an early morning, afternoon, and evening shift.

Interview Questions

• Experience and requirements for salary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation phase - manager accepted my desired salary and then we talked about starting date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Asheville, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

I contacted them first, filled out the application and went to talk to the manager after 2 weeks to check on the status of my application. After that I got a call for an interview within a few days. In my particular case, we sat at a table in the store and we basically had a conversation

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer being rude to you or and other barista?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Greenville, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview itself was comfortable at first, but got very much more uncomfortable. We sat in the SBux and talked about coffee and life in general, but then we tasted some coffee, and they started asking more prying questions about my work in the past and customer service concepts. I get so tired of these far-out situations they come up with, they get ridiculous. I guess I wasn't a good enough coffee-taster, because they never called me back. That's my biggest peeve with job places, they can at least call you back.... if I'm looking for other places, I need to know what's going on. But once again, no contact. My opinion of the Starbucks company dropped big time. No Starbucks for me.

Interview Questions

• If one of your coworkers is being a negative Nelly, do you go along with it or try to encourage him?   1 Answer