Starbucks

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted them first, filled out the application and went to talk to the manager after 2 weeks to check on the status of my application. After that I got a call for an interview within a few days. In my particular case, we sat at a table in the store and we basically had a conversation

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer being rude to you or and other barista?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Clayton, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I was called up about a week after I put in my application online. They brought me in for an interview and within 2 weeks of submitting my application, I was hired. They really needed people that were willing to work weekends and during holidays. They hire the most people right after summer, because all of their specialty beverages (Pumpkin Spice Latte, etc etc) are mainly fall and winter drinks and people go nuts over them.

Interview Question – If you were a Starbucks beverage, what would you be? What represents who you are and why?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Wilmington, NC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2009.

Interview Details – This process for good. The application is easy and approachable. The interview process could be somewhat streamlined 2-3-4 interviews for a store position not really necessary unless for management. I think Baristas do not always give the best answers as they do not realize that the behavioral questions are meant to be open ended and that you are looking for actual example of how they responded. They look at it as well maybe I would do this type of answer.

Interview Question – I didn't feel any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Well versed in customer service and ethics. I think more "what ifs" or situational questions would be more advantageous to the company. If is hard when most Baristas are new to the career market.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negation at all. This is the offer take it or leave it.

Durham, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application weeks ago, when I knew I would be moving to the area. No response. I called a couple of stores in the area, and one very helpful barista told me which specific stores in the area were hiring. (Great info!) I called THOSE specific stores and everyone told me the same thing - fill out the online application. I filled out the online application AGAIN, making sure to select the hiring stores. About 4 days after not hearing anything, I walked into one of the stores and talked to the manager. I shook his hand and told him I applied. He was super friendly and said he'd take a look at my application. He called the next day and set up an interview!
The interview was harder than I expected; he asked a lot of situational questions that I had a difficult time answering. But all in all, it was pleasant. He offered me a job at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – When was a time that you help out your coworkers, even when they didn't deserve it? Why did you help them out?
How do you get things done on time?
When was a time when a supervisor gave you unexpected negative feedback?
  Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2009.

Interview Details – Just be nice, overaly nice, just be you

Interview Question – what is a moment where you did something over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in December 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online..Called the store 3 days later asking to check on the status of my application.She had me come in that day for an interview. We sat at one of the tables and she reviewed my online application,then asked about 5-6 questions (all dealing with past situations at work as far as how I handled them) She also went over all the benefits of working there and sort of explained what its like to work at her particular store....She really liked me and wanted me to meet with the other store manager down the street that same evening (its protocol for them to have you meet with 2 different managers before being considered) He wasn't available that night but I ended up meeting with him that next day and basically did the same thing with him. He explained to me that he started as a barista and now was the manager.He also explained that Starbucks is a pretty cool company to work for etc etc....They both seemed to really like me,and he explained that he would be meeting with her after he got off to discuss my interview....She called me 2 days later offering me the job! She explained she would have to send out a background check and then I'd have to fill out paperwork. After that I should be starting in about a week! (:

Interview Question – Hmmmmm .....none that I can think of. My best advice would just to be answer all the questions the best that you can. They can tell if your nervous or making stuff up.Just be yourself! (:   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She called and offered me the job, there really was no "negotiation" since she explained everything throughly during the interview process as far as what to expect when joining the team.

Very Easy Interview

Reail Interview

Reail
Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in December 2008.

Interview Details – one on one easy. basic questions what kind of schedule, hour, days; benefits requested, what do I expect from the work. Have I shopped at Starbucks. Do I frequent coffee shops. What do I know about the industry.
Where did I find out about the position.

Interview Question – Am I willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – to little pay

Manager Interview

Manager
Huntersville, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2008.

Interview Details – First initial contact was a short phone interview with a HR person. The process was brief and consisted of 5 to 7 questions that questioned your honesty and integrity. Second was a 1:1 with an HR manager. That was much more detailed. It was basically the STAR method.

Interview Question – Have you ever encountered an irate customer? describe your actions   View Answer

Greenville, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview itself was comfortable at first, but got very much more uncomfortable. We sat in the SBux and talked about coffee and life in general, but then we tasted some coffee, and they started asking more prying questions about my work in the past and customer service concepts. I get so tired of these far-out situations they come up with, they get ridiculous. I guess I wasn't a good enough coffee-taster, because they never called me back. That's my biggest peeve with job places, they can at least call you back.... if I'm looking for other places, I need to know what's going on. But once again, no contact. My opinion of the Starbucks company dropped big time. No Starbucks for me.

Interview Question – If one of your coworkers is being a negative Nelly, do you go along with it or try to encourage him?   View Answer

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!