Starbucks Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

online application, 1 on 1 interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Lots of build up to be blown off a few times. Starbucks has a bunch of scripted questions for you. Odds are your manager will give the list to you ahead of time. You meet with various store managers and a couple district managers. Best case scenario: flip the script, ask them questions about the role.

Interview Questions
    • None, typical crap. Do you understand a profit and loss schedule? lame stuff   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You take it or you're totally screwing yourself over

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2013.

I applied online to the 4-5 closest stores in my area. I was able to rank these stores in my order of preference, but ultimately they placed me where they wanted me, not my first choice (or even my second or third), but still somewhere that was easily accessible for me (I don't have my license, I take public transportation). I dressed Business Casual in clean, simple attire, I think I wore a simple black dress with a black cardigan and flats. I'm pretty sure I was contacted via telephone to schedule an in person interview within' the week. On the date of my interview I arrived 15 minutes early, went to the register to inform a Barista of my arrival. I was offered a complimentary drink of my choosing, I think I got a standard tall latte of some sort, nothing too fancy, to show I was a consumer of the products. I sat down in the cafe area (actually not at the store I was officially hired at, the one up the street from it) and waited for the manager to meet me. As it turns out, I was met by not one, but two managers. They were both male and I was surprised at how at ease I felt after a short period of time talking to them. The questions were simple and fluid. Prior to my Starbucks interview I had only had a handful of interviews, but this was by far my easiest one to date. They even asked a few personal questions about what I liked to do in my spare time. Starbucks seems to value, and embrace, people who are quirky, artsy, or a little weird (in the best way). Be friendly, engaging, and smile a lot! They just want to see that you're personable and visualize you interacting positively with customers. Seamless process. I was very impressed. I got an offer. On my first day I could already tell it would be a great place to work, and I felt like part of a family.

Interview Questions
    A little higher than minimum wage, still not enough to live on long term, no negotiation.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I had a total of 3 interviews for a job in a new starbucks opening in my area. I had the first interview with the manager of a different starbucks nearby. The second interview was held with a shift manager at a local store. I was frustrated after the first two interviews because it took a week for the manager to call me back...I was getting a little impatient. Finally, that manger called me back to have a conversation with the manager of the new store opening up. We had a conversation and he hired my on the spot. I have to say I was a little discouraged after the second interview because it took them a little while to get back to me. My advice is to not over think it. Sometimes, it takes them a while to get back because there can be a ton of applicants all at once. If you felt you did well on your initial interview(s)...you'll probably also get the job! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How would you act in a situation when you had a lot of customers at once?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

If you're looking for a job at Starbucks, here's how to go about getting one.
    1. On a Monday, around mid-day, call nearby Starbucks locations, speak to the manager, and find out if they are ring. If you apply for a store that isn't hiring, your application still gets locked to that store for about a month. Bonus points: visit in person instead of calling and chat with the manager about anything; try to learn something about the manager before you leave.
    2. Apply online.
    3. Follow up with a phone call the following Monday if you haven't heard anything yet.
    There's usually a phone prescreening, then an interview, then job offer pending a background check, and once that clears, then you're all good to start.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are along the lines of "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I wish I had tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hope, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hope, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2012.

I applied to Starbucks online and received a phone call from the assistant manager a few days later. I personally thought I aced the interview. The assistant manager who interviewed me was very friendly and casual, especially in comparison to other interviews I've been through. I was very nervous (I get nervous so easily), so I may not have answered his questions to the very best of my ability, even though I had prepared extensively, but I thought I did well. At the end of the interview, I asked if I would hear back within a week, and he said yes. A week passed and I had heard nothing. I wasn't optimistic, but I called the location just in case there was a mistake or if they were still interviewing. The guy who interviewed me got on the phone and told me they went with someone else. What I hate about this kind of situation (in any hiring scenario, not just with Starbucks) is that they do not tell you what you did wrong or why they are choosing not to hire you. I felt insulted but I tend to take those kinds of things very personally, instead of reasoning with myself and understanding that probably they just found someone slightly more qualified than me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in June 2012.

It was simple and direct. I had two store managers interviewing at the same time. It felt like a conversation of people getting to know one another.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in May 2012.

I filled out an application online and received an email from the recruiter the very next morning. We set up a time for a phone interview 2 days later. We talked for about an hour then she set up a time for me to meet the DM the next day. I don't think it would have been a great fit but the recruiter was absolutely lovely to deal with and the DM was very nice as well. The questions were the basic behavioral type interview questions. The recruiter called me a couple days after the interview to let me know that they decided to go with another candidate and her message was by far the nicest of its kind I could ever imagine receiving. All in all a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision that affected your entire organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

typical interview questions, resume review, the interview mostly consisted of discussing compensation and when i could start.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard. Tell me about yourself. What have you heard about the company. Why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in May 2011.

Online application process. You get called in and interview with two managers a the location you applied for. The two managers explain the scope of the position and ask a series of situational questions. For example what would you do if a homeless man came in the store and began begging for money. Interview takes about an hour

Interview Questions
    They offer you the position and tell you the wage and give you a start date