Starbucks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista Interview

Barista
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – online application, 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Will you stay.... We have a high turnover.......   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was face to face in store. The manager asked me basic customer service question and placed within hypothetical situations where I was asked what I would do in a certain scenario. The whole process took somewhere around 30 minutes to an hour. Once I was hired, I was giving a tour of the shop.

Interview Question – Mostly situation related or experience related questions.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview Details – If you're looking for a job at Starbucks, here's how to go about getting one.
1. On a Monday, around mid-day, call nearby Starbucks locations, speak to the manager, and find out if they are ring. If you apply for a store that isn't hiring, your application still gets locked to that store for about a month. Bonus points: visit in person instead of calling and chat with the manager about anything; try to learn something about the manager before you leave.
2. Apply online.
3. Follow up with a phone call the following Monday if you haven't heard anything yet.
There's usually a phone prescreening, then an interview, then job offer pending a background check, and once that clears, then you're all good to start.

Interview Question – All of the questions are along the lines of "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I wish I had tried.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2010.

Interview Details – Typically begins with an hour long phone interview, followed by a 1-2 hour first interview with prospecting DM, then a second 1-2 hour interview with another DM for approval. The whole process can take up to 4 weeks

Interview Question – typical interview questions, nothing worth noting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was final, no room for negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Lots of build up to be blown off a few times. Starbucks has a bunch of scripted questions for you. Odds are your manager will give the list to you ahead of time. You meet with various store managers and a couple district managers. Best case scenario: flip the script, ask them questions about the role.

Interview Question – None, typical crap. Do you understand a profit and loss schedule? lame stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take it or you're totally screwing yourself over

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2012.

Interview Details – It was simple and direct. I had two store managers interviewing at the same time. It felt like a conversation of people getting to know one another.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 interviews for a job in a new starbucks opening in my area. I had the first interview with the manager of a different starbucks nearby. The second interview was held with a shift manager at a local store. I was frustrated after the first two interviews because it took a week for the manager to call me back...I was getting a little impatient. Finally, that manger called me back to have a conversation with the manager of the new store opening up. We had a conversation and he hired my on the spot. I have to say I was a little discouraged after the second interview because it took them a little while to get back to me. My advice is to not over think it. Sometimes, it takes them a while to get back because there can be a ton of applicants all at once. If you felt you did well on your initial interview(s)...you'll probably also get the job! Good luck!

Interview Question – How would you act in a situation when you had a lot of customers at once?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2011.

Interview Details – Online application process. You get called in and interview with two managers a the location you applied for. The two managers explain the scope of the position and ask a series of situational questions. For example what would you do if a homeless man came in the store and began begging for money. Interview takes about an hour

Interview Question – Are you willing to clean.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer you the position and tell you the wage and give you a start date

Regional Recruiter Interview

Regional Recruiter
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Candidates should expect the same "green apron" experience for interviews that they receive as customers in the coffee shops

Interview Question – All questions will be behavioral based so be prepared to site specific examples   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Starbucks Store Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed four times -- once at an open call; once over the phone; once with a store manager; once with a regional manager. I have never not gotten a job I applied for, but I did not get this one ... so take my review with a grain of salt. I believe that the regional manager felt threatened by me because of my education level, although I consider myself very down-to-earth. However, she was younger than I am and I think more inexperienced.

Interview Question – None. the usual retail questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!