Starbucks Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

online application, 1 on 1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2010.

The interview was face to face in store. The manager asked me basic customer service question and placed within hypothetical situations where I was asked what I would do in a certain scenario. The whole process took somewhere around 30 minutes to an hour. Once I was hired, I was giving a tour of the shop.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situation related or experience related questions.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

If you're looking for a job at Starbucks, here's how to go about getting one.
    1. On a Monday, around mid-day, call nearby Starbucks locations, speak to the manager, and find out if they are ring. If you apply for a store that isn't hiring, your application still gets locked to that store for about a month. Bonus points: visit in person instead of calling and chat with the manager about anything; try to learn something about the manager before you leave.
    2. Apply online.
    3. Follow up with a phone call the following Monday if you haven't heard anything yet.
    There's usually a phone prescreening, then an interview, then job offer pending a background check, and once that clears, then you're all good to start.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are along the lines of "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I wish I had tried.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2010.

Typically begins with an hour long phone interview, followed by a 1-2 hour first interview with prospecting DM, then a second 1-2 hour interview with another DM for approval. The whole process can take up to 4 weeks

Interview Questions
    The offer was final, no room for negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Lots of build up to be blown off a few times. Starbucks has a bunch of scripted questions for you. Odds are your manager will give the list to you ahead of time. You meet with various store managers and a couple district managers. Best case scenario: flip the script, ask them questions about the role.

Interview Questions
    • None, typical crap. Do you understand a profit and loss schedule? lame stuff   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You take it or you're totally screwing yourself over

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2012.

It was simple and direct. I had two store managers interviewing at the same time. It felt like a conversation of people getting to know one another.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

I had a total of 3 interviews for a job in a new starbucks opening in my area. I had the first interview with the manager of a different starbucks nearby. The second interview was held with a shift manager at a local store. I was frustrated after the first two interviews because it took a week for the manager to call me back...I was getting a little impatient. Finally, that manger called me back to have a conversation with the manager of the new store opening up. We had a conversation and he hired my on the spot. I have to say I was a little discouraged after the second interview because it took them a little while to get back to me. My advice is to not over think it. Sometimes, it takes them a while to get back because there can be a ton of applicants all at once. If you felt you did well on your initial interview(s)...you'll probably also get the job! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • How would you act in a situation when you had a lot of customers at once?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2011.

Online application process. You get called in and interview with two managers a the location you applied for. The two managers explain the scope of the position and ask a series of situational questions. For example what would you do if a homeless man came in the store and began begging for money. Interview takes about an hour

Interview Questions
    They offer you the position and tell you the wage and give you a start date

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2009.

Candidates should expect the same "green apron" experience for interviews that they receive as customers in the coffee shops

Interview Questions
    • All questions will be behavioral based so be prepared to site specific examples   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

I was interviewed four times -- once at an open call; once over the phone; once with a store manager; once with a regional manager. I have never not gotten a job I applied for, but I did not get this one ... so take my review with a grain of salt. I believe that the regional manager felt threatened by me because of my education level, although I consider myself very down-to-earth. However, she was younger than I am and I think more inexperienced.

Interview Questions

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!