Starbucks Planning Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

The interview process was very well orchestrated by the recruiting team. It started with initial contact via phone and follow-up email about their interest in interviewing me. There was an interview with an internal recruiter and then with the hiring manager. With in a week I was contacted about coming in for interviews with peers and next level up directors.

The "in house" interviews took ~5 hours to meet with 6 people and this included a lunch from the downstairs food court - all paid for by Starbucks. The interview panel was easy to navigate and the questions ranged from canned interview questions and human interest questions. No flags came about during the interview and several mentioned they would recommend me for the position. Which is why the "we are going to continue looking" call was a surprise.

I am not sure if the interview panel was clear what they were looking for and therefore the questions did not do a good job of identifying areas of concern during the interview. Limited feedback post interview showed me the deciding factors were in fact topics that were not asked and my skill addressing those areas were assumed to be lacking. In hind site it showed me the culture in Starbucks is lacking clarity and as a result it is a good thing an offer was not made.

Interview Questions
  • Have you had to put 2 people against each other to accomplish an objective?   View Answer

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!