Starbucks Interview Questions in Riverside, CA

2.0

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

First job. Had a current employee refer me to work here, from then on applied online and sent Resume to manager in person. Initial interview was with the Assistant Manager to get to know you, why you wanted to work here and why you'd think you'd be a good fit for this company and what you know about this company. Had a second interview 3 weeks after the initial with the actual Manager, lots of behavioral questions. Strengths and weaknesses, as well as previous work experience questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses and tell me a challenge that you encountered at your previous job and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Applied online, took about 1 1/2 weeks- 2 weeks to be called for a one on one interview.

Told a barista that I was there for an interview and was offered a free drink while I waited. Soon after, the interviewer came out, we shook hands she led me to a table. Questions were "how do you work in teams" "have you ever dealt with a difficult customer" "What is your availability" "are you willing to clean bathrooms" "What would you do if you had to miss work or were running late" "Can you comply with our dress code?" "why Starbucks". They also asked some questions about my volunteer experience (I have no work experience currently).

Interview overall was laid back. I felt I gave good answers to the interview questions however I'm not surprised that I wasn't called back, because I have no work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hesperia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesperia, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2013.

One on one interview, very comfortable environment, very thorough explaination of the company, position and expectations. Dress and grooming should be in accordance with starbucks dresscode, which is available here. Be 10 to 15 min early, they'll offer you a free drink of your choice, be comfortable but professional!

Interview Questions
    • basic set of customer service based questions, make sure to have follow up questions for your perspective mgr.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Was really easy, submitted an application online and was called by the manager for an interview. Had one interview and a follow up phone call and was then hired over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. What are future plans? Volunteer work? Job experience? Worst/best parts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2009.

I had to wait so she told me to get a free drink and sit down. After she asked me the basic questions. Why do you want to work at Starbucks? Why do you think employees where a uniform? What are your strengths and weaknesses? I had to go to two different interviews. The second one was just like the first.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions particularly difficult as they are the standard questions asked. I did feel a little odd answering some questions about how I worked with others since this was my first job. So I talked about encounters during school.   Answer Question
    She told me the benefits and pay they offered. She called a few days later and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Business Analysis Manager Supply Chain Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Starbucks in December 2012.

The interview process was extremely long and convoluted. I applied via internet for the role and was contacted by the scheduler to speak with an HR recruiter. A month or so passed and I was contacted by another recruiter to see if I was still interested and if I could speak to the hiring manager. The hiring manager was not yet in the role and would be moving two months later to take on the role. I was then contacted by the hiring manager to be's boss for another phone interview. Another month and a half passed when I was contacted by yet another HR recruiter to see if I could speak to the hiring manager again via telephone. I did and then a couple weeks went by to see if I could me the team in person. During this process the job description, job location, and reporting structure kept changing. I was scheduled for two days of interviews first at the plant to meet with another HR rep and the plant manager. I was disinterested after meeting the plant manager (Evolution Fresh - San Bernardino/ Rancho Cucamonga) but stayed in line and had another phone interview with a supply chain finance manager at the parent company (Starbucks) headquarters and the next day I finally met the hiring manager and her boss in person....

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. I interviewed with many different people. For the most part they were behavioral base. However, despite my multiple degrees and years of experience in manufacturing the plant manager wanted to "test" my knowledge and asked about plant budgets, definitions of types of cost (fixed, variable, direct, indirect, sunk...). The plant manager was very combative and disrespectful and seemed as if he was searching for a reason to dislike me. The other 4 interviewers were pleasant enough, straight forward and respectful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

I walked in and turned in application. (2006, now they have group interview and hiring fairs)
    I was asked a couple questions and then they told me they would review my application and give me a call. I received a call a couple days later and an interview was scheduled. In total I had 2 interviews and then was hired. The first interview was conducted by the ASM (Asst Store Manager) and the second by the SM (Store Manager).

Questions were normal, as would be to any other retail/restaurant position.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had a not so pleasant customer transaction. What did you do to turn it around? Did the customer leave happy? What was the outcome? And what could you have done differently if anything?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They have a set starting point for each position.
    You get at least a 2% raise every two months. This depends on your review and how well you are performing. There is a cap for each position so once you reach it there is no where else to go. Its good to work your way up the company if you're looking for better compensation and enjoy what you do here.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2011.

Great interview process, nothing too overwhelming. Ask standard questions for interview into management. We're not intimidating and very thourough. If they ask you the same
    Question just with different wording you aren't answering it fully or giving enough detail. All the tools for a proper answers are given to you before the interview if you know where to look and are being hired from within the company. I sat down with district manager and stre manager and after interview the discussed ingest themselves and called me back and offered me the position with a nice raise.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had an issue and didn't have all the resources to resolve the problem. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Elsinore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Elsinore, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2011.

They asked me to introduce myself and then they asked me what I was planning to do in the future. Always let them know that you're open and flexible bc this was my loss. I was not offered the job bc of that fact.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2011.

Applied online, received a call from HR about an hour later, had a phone interview. Was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview the next day in person. Received a job offer the next day. Took them over a month to get me started.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you went above and beyond your normal job duties to help a customer.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you've taken an under performing associate and worked with them to bring up their performance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they pay you what they believe you're worth.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!