Starbucks Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.7

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2010.

Interviewed with the design team and was hired a week later. The process was fairly straight forward. The interview was pretty casual and easy going. The recruiters are amazing.

I didn't

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2014.

After applying for the position, it took about a week or two before I was contacted by an HR recruiter. She was very helpful and wanted to set up an in-person interview, skipping the phone interview, which she said was rare. During the interview, I met with various people on the team, the hiring manager, and the director. Everyone seemed very friendly and passionate to be working there. I also received a swag bag which included 1lb of coffee. After the interview, I was updated two or three times from the recruiter on where they were in the hiring process, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly enough, I didn't have any surprise questions or anything that threw me off. Everyone was genuinely nice and seemed excited to be working there. There was about 10 minutes left with each group, where I was asked to talk more about myself, such as hobbies, which I thought was a nice touch.   Answer Question
    I did a lot of research on the company before going into negotiations. Their benefits package is posted online on the career website, so you know what you're getting into before an offer even comes. I was able to negotiate more vacation and a slightly high base salary. The recruiter asked a lot of questions around my current benefits, so they could put a good offer out there right from the start.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2014.

As many have stated before, the questions are all behavior-based. Be prepared to have real examples from your work history and stress the positive! You also get a free drink for your interview, I would recommend not ordering anything overly complicated or expensive. And make sure to throw away your trash when you leave.

No negotiations about salary

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

Fitting in with the culture of the company is the most important thing. This company is very relationship oriented. Be fun and flexible and know the job you're interviewing for. Make sure you negotiate everything you want upfront because getting it changed after you're hired is very difficult. Get everything in writing.

Interview Questions
    They were flexible which was nice. I didn't get everything but their second offer was very fair. I didn't feel like I needed to push back.

Data Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2013.

I went through Aerotek, a temp agency located in Bellevue to get my initial interview with Starbucks. My interview was for another position in the same department, which took approximately 2 hours with two sets of interviewers. They were mostly concerned with my database and access knowledge. They wanted to know about my customer service skills and wanted a good idea of how I approach difficult situations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you put together and search a spreadsheet that maintains the data for every store that still needs a new fridge to be implemented for the 2014 rollout?   Answer Question
    Not as a contract worker

Quality Assurance/Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Phone screen, and brief 3 person panel interview. They were nice. There were others interviewing that day, but it was still a pleasant environment.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about technology, typical test workflow, working with others and about coffee knowledge.   View Answer
    Worked with the contractor recruiter.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

They have an involved process. I had a number of phone/Skype interviews before being flown to Seattle. The actual interviews were pretty straightforward, more like conversations than structured interviews. There did not seem to be assigned topics or areas for each person to probe so I ended up repeating myself/my story to each person, which is okay with me. Interestingly, they asked me to sign a confidentiality agreement before the interview – first time I’ve encountered that.

Interview Questions
    • As I said above, no real difficult questions. They were clearly trying to determine if I fit their culture so the work I did ahead of time to talk to people who worked there was helpful.   Answer Question

Ultimately decided that the job was not the right fit for where I am in my career.

Manager, Collections and Deductions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2014.

Initial phone interview with recruiter. Then on-site interview with several key people including the hiring manager, cash applications manager, global pricing manager.
    Starbucks does a great job making you feel welcomed. They supply on-site parking, offer a selection of Starbucks coffee and teas and even give you a thank-you "swag" bag.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were behavioral in nature: how did you handle a difficult situation; what project were you instrumental in, how have you handled a failure. Little about actually technical skills.   View Answer
    • What is your most memorable vacation and why?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2014.

Hour long interview on campus and a coding question to finish afterwards on my own. Received offer 2 weeks later.

They asked a lot of questions about my projects, really wanted me to drill down to what I'm looking for out of an internship, my long term goals, technical proficiencies, how I deal with difficult people/situations, etc. They were extremely nice and were able to give me direct information on what potential areas I'd be working in as an intern. That said, it was pretty exhausting. Do not come in cold and unprepared!

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that will parse the number of words in a given string without using a quick two line solution   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2010.

Applied online and received an email about a week later from an internal recruiter to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an interview with the hiring manager one-on-one and then a panel interview with the team i would be working with directly. All of the questions were behavioral based, meaning there was no right or wrong answer, they were just trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team and the role.

Interview Questions
    • All of the interview questions were fairly easy to answer. The hardest part was thinking of examples to the questions. Such as: "Tell me about a time you had multiple tasks due in a limited time frame? What did you do? What was the outcome? What would you have done differently?"   Answer Question
    I didn't know I could and should have negotiated at the time.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!