Starbucks Shift Lead Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Leandro, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Three store managers and a District Manager interviewed me. They have a list of specific interview questions, but each manager approaches it in their own way.
After the interview phase I began training and I had the opportunity to work at several stores. These each served as secondary interviews to see which store I would transfer to when I completed my training.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't expecting to have my personal life evaluated, but in a customer-oriented and community-involved corporation, it makes sense. The managers were experienced interviewers based on the quickness with which they interpreted my responses.   Answer Question
The salary isn't negotiable at entry-level, but the company had many benefits to offer. The totality of a stock investment plan, 401(k), health plan, and the promise of a bonus and sabbatical is motivation for staying with the company.
The negotiation itself was to the point, and I think they come into it knowing how impressed you'll be with the variety in their long list of benefits.

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!