Starbucks

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks.

It was great, they ask you about you and what is your proudest moment. Then they proceed to switch interviewers with a new line of questions. Like What other jobs have you had and what have you gain from them? Do you see on a long term with starbucks?

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

I applied online via the Starbucks career site and was called in a matter of hours. The initial call was a screening process in which the manager asked me to share a little about myself and asked a few questions related to availability and what type of work I'm looking for. We set up an interview for the next day.
    The first interview was with the manager I spoke with on the phone the day before. We chatted for a bit and she asked me questions about myself and my work experience and then we dove into the actual interview.
    The Interview was behavioral; a lot of questions like, "Tell me about a time you felt you let down a customer". More based on how you interact with people and customer service. Some of the questions were difficult, but they give you plenty of time and can explain it a different way.
    The second interview was at a different store with a different manager. This interview was much more intense. A lot of scenario questions intermixed with own experience questions. The questions revolved around supervising employees, how you handle conflict, how you perceive yourself as a supervisor, etc.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you treated a coworker fairly even though they mistreated you".   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in July 2009.

The applications are online at their website now. The interviews are pretty standard as well. Don't look like a slob. No jeans and t-shirt. It's a business, not a local shop. I'd suggest khaki or black slacks and a black or white collared shirt, since that is the uniform that they require.

The questions are also pretty standard. They'll ask what you know about coffee and Starbucks as a company. They'll ask you why you think you'd like to work there. The key is be genuine. I've done a handful of interviews and it is quite easy to see when people are being fake.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you how you deal with certain ethical problems, like catching another employee stealing.   View Answer
    Set wages. There is no negotiations for these level jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2009.

I went to a job fair, and a bunch of people were interviewed by other starbucks managers. we were asked the usual questions: why do you want to work for starbucks? what would you do in this situation? what is your job history? pretty basic, I think I got the job because I was outgoing.