Starbucks

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2009.

Interview Details – The applications are online at their website now. The interviews are pretty standard as well. Don't look like a slob. No jeans and t-shirt. It's a business, not a local shop. I'd suggest khaki or black slacks and a black or white collared shirt, since that is the uniform that they require.

The questions are also pretty standard. They'll ask what you know about coffee and Starbucks as a company. They'll ask you why you think you'd like to work there. The key is be genuine. I've done a handful of interviews and it is quite easy to see when people are being fake.

Interview Question – They will ask you how you deal with certain ethical problems, like catching another employee stealing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set wages. There is no negotiations for these level jobs.

Very Easy Interview

Parker, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2009.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair, and a bunch of people were interviewed by other starbucks managers. we were asked the usual questions: why do you want to work for starbucks? what would you do in this situation? what is your job history? pretty basic, I think I got the job because I was outgoing.

Interview Question – i cant remember the questions being difficult at all.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online via the Starbucks career site and was called in a matter of hours. The initial call was a screening process in which the manager asked me to share a little about myself and asked a few questions related to availability and what type of work I'm looking for. We set up an interview for the next day.
The first interview was with the manager I spoke with on the phone the day before. We chatted for a bit and she asked me questions about myself and my work experience and then we dove into the actual interview.
The Interview was behavioral; a lot of questions like, "Tell me about a time you felt you let down a customer". More based on how you interact with people and customer service. Some of the questions were difficult, but they give you plenty of time and can explain it a different way.
The second interview was at a different store with a different manager. This interview was much more intense. A lot of scenario questions intermixed with own experience questions. The questions revolved around supervising employees, how you handle conflict, how you perceive yourself as a supervisor, etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you treated a coworker fairly even though they mistreated you".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks Shift Supervisor interview questions and advice in Colorado. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.