Starbucks

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.3

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

the interview process was real nice, as long as you show your confident, have a willing to learn, and really want to be apart of the company then everything else will fall into place

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Pretty basic, was myself and answered questions honestly. Mainly questions about what you are doing, availability and what you do for work. They ask questions about costumer service and general questions to make sure you can hold a normal conversation. Both of my managers I interviewed with were amazing people.

Interview Questions
    Asked me to work on the spot.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Apply online, get locked in by a manager. Sit down interview with the manager. Series of questions about your experience and what kind of job environment you are looking for. Pretty simple process, you could be handed a job by a manager being desperate or be turned down for the job based on how much the manager thinks you are qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem being told to complete a task by your superior?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

1st interview was with store manager. 2nd interview was with district manager. 2nd was slightly challenging, and she kept a poker face so I had no clue they were going to offer me employment.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked in 2nd interview How much money did your former coffeeshop bring in on a single day?   View Answer
    They told me my pay at orientation, there was no negotiation

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

The manager read straight from a script and asked in depth questions that seemed more oriented towards management than Shift Supervisor. The interview was very rigid and lacked any manager personality included.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult task that you have had to do as a Manager?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

bring your resume to the store manager, introduce yourself and see if their hiring. if so you will get a shot. the store manager is always busy and if you want to stand out dress nice take your resume into the store and ask the store manager if they are hiring. give them your resume and see if you can set up an interview. since your dress nice you might get one on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

It was a surprise after finally hearing from the company after a month to come into for an interview. As for the interview process itself, from what i figure it was pretty routine. The manager told me their backstory on how they got into the company and followed a printed questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember what it was exactly but it was along the lines on how i handled a difficult situation while on a shift.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Harbor, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Pretty standard retail interview. Questions on customer service experience and background employment. After viewing my resume and conducting my interview they had suggested a more appropriate interview with the district manager for a position more suited to my prior experience. At the time I was only looking to work part-time hours but said I would be interested in advancement in the future and asked what were the companies policies on promotion form within as a posed to interviewing from outside the company. I was told that this was told that the promotions were based heavily from inside placement and that this was an easy transition to those who qualify. Big mistake on my part so for anyone interviewing with Starbucks be sure you interview for the position you intend to keep because promotion from within relies strictly on the competence of your store manager and performance reviews and capability have absolutely no barrings on your success of career growth with this company. after close to eight years with reviews calibrated at the highest level and repeated interests in advancement I was told by the manager they were never taught how to do the succession planning and they research it and we could initiate the process. This lasted for five years with no success. I'm not sure that this is the companies intention but in any event they are ultimately responsible for placing competition individuals in positions of any significance. So when interviewing take a close look at the store manager you are interviewing with because your success lies completely on the level of competence they possess.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very brief standard interview with basic customer service questions. Name a difficult experience you had with a customer and how you handled it...ect...   View Answer
    non-existent. I was told that for a starting position the salary is minimum wage regardless of experience and was suggested I interview for management. I wasn't looking for that at the time so I accepted it on the grounds of easy the promotional process was from within was. That manager left and was replaced with a younger inexperienced manager who was untrained in the art of partner development or basic store management. Almost eight years of perfect reviews with the highest raise percentage possible every six months and I left at a whopping 12.54 per hour. Laughable, so interview for the position you want and only take what you are willing to live with because you will not be rewarded for your success.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Submit an application online and list the top 3 store you would like to work with. Be flexible with your availability and negotiate your days off in person.
    A manager or Assistant manager will call for a phone interview. If that interview goes well, you'll be asked to come into the store for another interview.
    Take a moment to get a feel of the store. Is it busy? Slow? Are customers and baristas smiling and laughing? You're interviewing them too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work Sunday? Can you open or close. Have a yes, no or sometimes ready for these questions.   Answer Question
    If you have coffee shop, restaurant or even retail experience, don't be afraid to ask for more money.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Two interviews with the store manager about a week apart. All the questions are very behavioral... tell me about a time, etc. It's helpful to think of some answers beforehand because they expect you to be specific about the situation

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite drink from Starbucks?   View Answer
    No, there's not really room for negotiation unless you have previous experience with the company.