Starbucks

Getting the Interview

82 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Georgetown, KY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – It was easy, the normal situational questions

Interview Question – None, they are all pretty expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – They call you in for an interview. If it goes well, you get a second.

Interview Question – They were all very standard.   Answer Question

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very well organized interview process. It was very thorough and consisted of very great questionnaires.

Interview Question – If I had ever had a problem with a coworker and what I did to deal with and try resolving it   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was already employed as a batista and was offered a chance to interview. The interview was with the store manager and assistant manager.

Interview Question – When have you had to resolve a difficult situation between coworkers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I had one interview, they asked questions like:
-How would you handle a customer being rude?
-What are your strengths/weaknesses?
-Can you handle a busy environment?
-Are you able to lead employees?

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee had a problem with another employee and they came to talk to you about it?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview Details – If you're looking for a job at Starbucks, here's how to go about getting one.
1. On a Monday, around mid-day, call nearby Starbucks locations, speak to the manager, and find out if they are ring. If you apply for a store that isn't hiring, your application still gets locked to that store for about a month. Bonus points: visit in person instead of calling and chat with the manager about anything; try to learn something about the manager before you leave.
2. Apply online.
3. Follow up with a phone call the following Monday if you haven't heard anything yet.
There's usually a phone prescreening, then an interview, then job offer pending a background check, and once that clears, then you're all good to start.

Interview Question – All of the questions are along the lines of "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I wish I had tried.

Shift Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I was promoted from barista within months of hire.

Interview Question – Your favorite coffee.   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – It's very simple. Be yourself, and be honest. Don't worry about anything but being real. Be nice!

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Mount Prospect, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call about 2 weeks later arranging for an interview. Met with employer had one interview and was hired on spot. Ive seen others have to come in for multiple interviews.

Interview Question – Whats one of your biggest flaws?   View Answer

Lufkin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application in early May and got a phone call on July 4th, three months later. They asked me to come into the store that Friday for an interview. The manager asked me if I wanted anything to drink (on the house/free) and then asked me to have a seat in a secluded area of the Cafe. She asked me if I liked coffee, why I wanted the job and other various normal questions. Then she got into the Management questions. She asked me to describe a time when I had to deal with a difficult employee or person and what my job duties were at my former job.

Interview Question – What my favorite drink at Starbucks was. I had only ever been to Starbucks once in my life and had no idea what to say.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Starting wage is set the same for everyone and thankfully starting wage for a Supervisor is far more than what I was making at my other job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks Shift Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.