Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Very simple, direct, and friendly. Fill an application online and check off all the stores in your area and you application will show in their system. You schedule an interview when you receive the call back. To up your chances of call back, after the application online, come in store and talk directly to the manager and hand off your resume. I suggest a black collard shirt, black slacks or khakis, and black shoes (our uniform). Depending on the manager you will have a coffee tasting and may or may not learn how to have one properly according to Starbucks. They'll ask questions. You can ask questions. High five you interviewed!

Interview Questions

• Why Starbucks? Tell me a little about yourself What is a time you had trouble with a customer and how did you handle it? What do you know about coffee? Describe a time you had to create a solution to a problem. And a few more I suggest after the round of questions you ask: Why is Starbucks right for me? Benefits? Pay rate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Schedule negotiation is all there is.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Usually very easy going. Better chance of employment if you have availability with no restrictions. Dress nicely, smile, be yourself! If you are friendly and are able to show up to work with no issues, you probably have a good chance of getting hired. The length of the process can vary depending on location/volume of store you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commit to at least a year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Behavioral Interviews. Sat with the store manager one on one and the whole process took about 40 minutes. They offered a free drink and were very relaxed. The entire interview what based on questions that started with "Tell me a time when..." The nice thing about behavioral interviews, is that there is no right or wrong answer. They are mostly looking to see how you behaved in these scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, within two hours I received a phone call and was invited to the hiring event. I had my first interview with a different Store Manager. He was very friendly, made sure that I got my free drink by the end of the interview. Within two hours, I got a call for the second interview. The second interview was with the Store Manager who initially contacted me and invited me to the hiring event with the District Manager (both females). They asked me the exact same questions that I was asked during my first interview. I was told that I was going to hear back from them after a week which I haven't. I called the store twice and no one has gotten back to me. This has been a huge disappointment. I believe if the candidate has only one chance to impress the employer, so does the employer to the candidate; if the candidate will screw up by showing up late, so does the employer to the candidate; if the candidate has to be professional and prepared, so does the employer to the candidate. My interview experience was a huge turn off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where failed to meet the customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Received a call back after a couple of weeks for an interview. Scenario-based questions with Store Manager in a store. Called me back within the week with offer. Started training 2 weeks later. 3 weeks of training before I started in my new role at my own store.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when your coworkers didn't follow proper policies.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Poorly performed. Mananger just wanted a 'warm body'. No background check with previous employers which was a hinderance for me regarding my fellow co-workers. They lacked motivation and made work day more difficult.

Negotiation

None

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2015.

Interview

initial interview with regional supervisor was wonderful. kind, professional, serious, and got right to the point and covered all bases. the store interview however, i had THE MOST unprofessional disrespectful downright rude & offensive and pushy interview of my life. now this may be because it was a shift lead position and i have never had a shift lead position before, but if it is not common to have aggressive interviews for average shift positions. this woman was a moron. what kind of egomaniac insults a potential business partner???. forget you northern virginia starbucks location i won't disclose. your coffe isnt even that amazing & your employees are snobby uneducated high school and college losers.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions- explain a time when u were in a difficult situation yadayadayada. "if you have a problem w/ an employee, how do you handle it?" kind of stuff since it was a higher position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Hueneme, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Port Hueneme, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely unstructured. I felt like we were having a casual conversation rather than having an interview. The manager come off extremely young and immature and honestly like she had no idea what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• The only actual question pertaining to the job she asked me was why I wanted to work for the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks (Boulder, CO).

Interview

It was great, they ask you about you and what is your proudest moment. Then they proceed to switch interviewers with a new line of questions. Like What other jobs have you had and what have you gain from them? Do you see on a long term with starbucks?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about coffee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Behavioral questions, training modules, one on one training and computer tests. They acquired knowledge of my working style through being a barista for a couple of months. They then asked me to apply to be a shift manager. It's a little more challenging to become a shift supervisor without the experience of being barista but not at all impossible.