Starbucks Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.3

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Poorly performed. Mananger just wanted a 'warm body'. No background check with previous employers which was a hinderance for me regarding my fellow co-workers. They lacked motivation and made work day more difficult.

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starbucks (Boulder, CO).

Interview

It was great, they ask you about you and what is your proudest moment. Then they proceed to switch interviewers with a new line of questions. Like What other jobs have you had and what have you gain from them? Do you see on a long term with starbucks?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about coffee?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Behavioral questions, training modules, one on one training and computer tests. They acquired knowledge of my working style through being a barista for a couple of months. They then asked me to apply to be a shift manager. It's a little more challenging to become a shift supervisor without the experience of being barista but not at all impossible.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

the interview process was real nice, as long as you show your confident, have a willing to learn, and really want to be apart of the company then everything else will fall into place

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Pretty basic, was myself and answered questions honestly. Mainly questions about what you are doing, availability and what you do for work. They ask questions about costumer service and general questions to make sure you can hold a normal conversation. Both of my managers I interviewed with were amazing people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked me to work on the spot.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Apply online, get locked in by a manager. Sit down interview with the manager. Series of questions about your experience and what kind of job environment you are looking for. Pretty simple process, you could be handed a job by a manager being desperate or be turned down for the job based on how much the manager thinks you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem being told to complete a task by your superior?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

1st interview was with store manager. 2nd interview was with district manager. 2nd was slightly challenging, and she kept a poker face so I had no clue they were going to offer me employment.

Interview Questions

• I was asked in 2nd interview How much money did your former coffeeshop bring in on a single day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me my pay at orientation, there was no negotiation

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The manager read straight from a script and asked in depth questions that seemed more oriented towards management than Shift Supervisor. The interview was very rigid and lacked any manager personality included.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult task that you have had to do as a Manager?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

bring your resume to the store manager, introduce yourself and see if their hiring. if so you will get a shot. the store manager is always busy and if you want to stand out dress nice take your resume into the store and ask the store manager if they are hiring. give them your resume and see if you can set up an interview. since your dress nice you might get one on the spot.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (South Florida, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a surprise after finally hearing from the company after a month to come into for an interview. As for the interview process itself, from what i figure it was pretty routine. The manager told me their backstory on how they got into the company and followed a printed questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember what it was exactly but it was along the lines on how i handled a difficult situation while on a shift.   Answer Question