Starbucks

Average Difficulty
94 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – The interview process for shift supervisor has changed over the years, and it is now much more conversational, mostly based on behavioral interview questions. There is a deck of 15 questions, but I wasn't asked any of the questions on said deck.

Interview Question – I had to describe a time that I made a judgement call, but it was the wrong call   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't much negotiation about supervisor pay.

Georgetown, KY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – It was easy, the normal situational questions

Interview Question – None, they are all pretty expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation.

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – They call you in for an interview. If it goes well, you get a second.

Interview Question – They were all very standard.   Answer Question

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very well organized interview process. It was very thorough and consisted of very great questionnaires.

Interview Question – If I had ever had a problem with a coworker and what I did to deal with and try resolving it   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was already employed as a batista and was offered a chance to interview. The interview was with the store manager and assistant manager.

Interview Question – When have you had to resolve a difficult situation between coworkers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I had one interview, they asked questions like:
-How would you handle a customer being rude?
-What are your strengths/weaknesses?
-Can you handle a busy environment?
-Are you able to lead employees?

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee had a problem with another employee and they came to talk to you about it?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview Details – If you're looking for a job at Starbucks, here's how to go about getting one.
1. On a Monday, around mid-day, call nearby Starbucks locations, speak to the manager, and find out if they are ring. If you apply for a store that isn't hiring, your application still gets locked to that store for about a month. Bonus points: visit in person instead of calling and chat with the manager about anything; try to learn something about the manager before you leave.
2. Apply online.
3. Follow up with a phone call the following Monday if you haven't heard anything yet.
There's usually a phone prescreening, then an interview, then job offer pending a background check, and once that clears, then you're all good to start.

Interview Question – All of the questions are along the lines of "tell me about a time when you..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I wish I had tried.

Shift Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – I was promoted from barista within months of hire.

Interview Question – Your favorite coffee.   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – It's very simple. Be yourself, and be honest. Don't worry about anything but being real. Be nice!

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Mount Prospect, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online received a phone call about 2 weeks later arranging for an interview. Met with employer had one interview and was hired on spot. Ive seen others have to come in for multiple interviews.

Interview Question – Whats one of your biggest flaws?   View Answer