Starbucks

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.3

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Two rounds of interviews. First interview was with the general manager of the branch you will be working in. The second was with a general manager of a different branch. Both interviews had little difference. Very basic interview. Process took a week. First

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I applied online and got a call for appointment in person. Then, the manager ask for some questions. She ask to check my background and will contact me after that.

Interview Questions
    • How do I deal with the difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Do I have any problem for working with other co-workers who come from different culture and races?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

Completed an online application, and got a call back within a week. An interview was scheduled a week later. The interview was very easy going, and we got along great. I asked a few questions, and was answered generously. I received a call the next morning, and was offered a position! A background check had to be completed. I can't wait to start! :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Applied online and a three days later got called in for an interview the following week.

Came in and did not accept the free drink. Interviewer came over and introduced herself an we sat down amongst other customers. Questions were relatively easy even though I did not have formal work experience. Mostly behavioral questions so make sure you know a few situations you experienced that you could answer with. I was told the responsibilities and the pay. She was super nice and told me at the end of the interview that I will have to go to a second interview and that in the mean time she would go ahead and do my background check.

Second interview was fairly quick just a couple of behavioral questions just like the first interview. The girls behind the counter kept going on about how I didn't accept the free drink which bothered me a bit but I stayed confident. After the interview was over she told me that the dedication is up to my first interviewer but that she only had positive things to say.

Got a call today offering a job which I accepted. I just love how positive the whole experience was. Everyone I talked to even the baristas were super kind to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you sold someone more than what they originally wanted to purchase.   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize customer's orders?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Rowlett, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in February 2015.

I applied to many different Starbucks around my area. I called one and she told me she would look up my application and call back the next day. Two days went by and i called them back. She remembered me and told me to come in for an interview that same day at 5. I went in and i told the workers i was there for an interview. They went to the back to get the manager and she came out 10 minutes later. She asked behavior questions, questions like "what would you do if..." or "how would you solve this...". After the interview she told me she would call me that night to set up a second interview. But she also warned me that if she doesn't call, to call Monday (it was Wednesday) and reminder her. She did not call, so i will call Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you received negative feedback for a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Applied online, interview within a few days. I was told they would notify me if they would move forward with me or not. That was two weeks ago. They advised that they would know by Friday. Follow up on Saturday and was told by Monday. Another follow up call on Wednesday left message for Hiring Manager. Still have not heard anything. I was really excited to work for Starbucks....still waiting.....

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a negative performance review and How did I handle working with an employee that I had a difficult experience with.   View Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

I started out by filling out an application online, about 4 days later I got a call from a manager to set up an interview, he didn't really ask me any questions on the phone. So the day of the interview I went there told the barista there I was there for an interview. She told me she'd let the manager know I was there and if I wanted a drink while I waited. I took the drink because Ive read here that they always do that so whatever I took it. Then I had the interview didn't last too long, about 7 minutes. At the end of it he said I would hear back by the weekend, I didn't get called back. So I called the store, the manager wasn't there so I left a message. Next day he called me back saying they chose another candidate, but he had forwarded my application to another location he was interviewing for. A few days later I got a call in, went in talked to the manager, he asked pretty standard things, nothing hard. Afterwards he said I should hear back by the end of the week. About 3 days later I get a call offering me the position. I took it. I was surprised it took almost 2 weeks but ehh. My advice would be to know a little bit about Starbucks, at least 1 item from the menu, be yourself, they look for a people person I think, I mean really who would want to go to starbucks and be helped out by a grouchy person. Relax during the interview if they don't call back I didn't feel it was out of line to do a follow up call because they tend to be very busy.

Interview Questions
    To be honest I took the job without being told what my pay would be, which is actually kinda really bad, but since I live in SoCal it should be minimum 10.00 an hour.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Overall, easy interview. What's your favorite thing about coffee? Do you have a favorite Starbucks drink? Name a time where you had a challenged customer and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be prepared to answer questions regarding customer service.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate $0.25 more per hour versus what was offered based on experience and education.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks.

Simple in person interview that determines if you will do well in a fast paced environment and work well with others. In addition to evaluating skills necessary for the position, the hiring manager will discretely judge your behaviors to see if you are personable enough to fit the Starbucks culture.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay is slightly higher than minimum wage and does not increase much throughout employment unless you get promoted.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Hiring can take a while. I got a call back three weeks later. Then I had my first interview. Just basic questions about me, what i like, what i do, why i wanted to work there, what is my schedule like. Then another week and a half for my second interview call. This was more of a you're hired I just want to tell you what you're coming into. Explanation about Starbucks and about coffee and what goes on in the back also benefits and what not.