Starbucks Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in May 2015.

Interview

After applying Online and completing a VTJ, I received a call the next day from HR hiring manager, she conducted a brief interview, like why starbucks? How many year experience i have as a manager? Salary questions; the she stated to check my email to schedule date and time i would be available to conduct a 30min interview & if everything goes well ill meet with a panel of DMs to have an in person interview. I ended up doing about 4 interviews. Which honestly was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions which has to be detailed specific. Eg. How did you implement change in your previous field, how did employees react and how did you get them to buy into the changes made? P&L questions, how would you influence sales...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

They used Star format along with a Panel interview for approximately two hours. Also specific examples of previous years of work experience. Review college education and degrees and other working job experiences.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that makes you more qualified than the other candidates   1 Answer

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks in December 2014.

Interview

Very smoothly. Phone interviews and a in-person interview. Once the initial call took place everything moved at a fairly quick pace. The recruiter was very friendly. In-person interview took place at a random Starbucks and you get a free drink. The managers seemed casual and didnt make you feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• No really big surprise questions. Mainly asked about your previous experiences and how you reacted to situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The job try out i a little confuse, the questions are very tricky.. The rest of the process is very professional, the company standard are very high and they are looking people with no fair to changes

Interview Questions

• The example the custumer is mad for son kid in the store.. what will you do?   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview

I applied by sending in a resume to a recruiter. They had a poster up in one of they're stores. I received an email back the same day. Set up a phone interview for a week later. Interview lasted about 15 minutes on the phone. The recruiter asked about my previous employment and then if I had knowledge of P&L statements. After the call I was sent emails to apply for the actual position then take a virtual job tour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with P&L statements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took their first offer. Starbucks pay is very competitive.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I had a very easy telephone interview with a recruiter. This was followed by a an in-person interview with two district managers who were both new to their roles. I was surprised by some of the questions, which seemed random and not related to the position I was being considered for. Despite this, I was offered the job the very next day.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me: "There have been many changes at Starbucks over the years, and there are many challenges today for store managers." What challenges do you anticipate as a store manager? There were no examples of the changes or challenges given. He expected me to know what challenges face their managers.   1 Answer

Store Manager Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Interview

Very organized, structured and detailed hiring process. Behavioral based questions asked during interview in which they made sure to make you feel comfortable talking. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors promises as they review the benefits and goal package compensation.

Interview Questions

Training program is old and not focused on the individual. It is more a check the block system with most the learning trail and error on the job.

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Used a referral to get the initial interview with a recruiter; she was great and very upfront; spoke for over an hour; she then set up second interview with District Manager (they were very accomodating and fast tracked the interview) as I was leaving on a family trip for a week in a few days; District Manager was great; cordial and talkative; proposed a couple of hypothetical scenarios that required me to respond with a real life example etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were required to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly simple, they ask you what you would do in x situation, what if y happened, etc. Your standard interview questions that you would expect from any interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a customer.   Answer Question

Starbucks Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

I only had one interview and it went pretty quick. The reason being is I developed within the company and moved up the ranks. Here's what it came down to: I knew the lingo, I knew the store that I worked at like the back of my hand, and I had awesome leadership to guide me in that direction

Interview Questions

• Most interesting question was: If you were asked to deploy, would you? (Seeing as I'm in the military reserves)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was completely up to coporate