Starbucks Interview Questions in Colorado

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.9

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

First step was an incredibly indepth interactive screening and assessment process, where candidates are given scenarios in which their reactions are elicited. There are P&L exercises that if without any prior knowledge or experience going in, you will be challenged - this portion was also timed. Next was a 45 minute phone interview with a company recruiter (who was late to the call). Interview heavily predicated on past experience and detailed questions regarding P&L. No questions asked regarding specific training or scenarios or skill set beyond P&L. Zero discussion of culture. Recruiter intimated that internal competition for available position was fierce and that outside candidates are more often than not, relegated to a lesser role in favor of internal hires, and that candidates had to be flexible in that regard. From there she proceeded to badger and lowball me on salary. Basically the recruiter did her best to talk me out of the position, and with that, I declined to finish the interview.

Interview Questions
  • "If you arent able to master our business within 8 weeks of training, will you consider and assistant position?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

The interview day saw more applicants than the interviewing managers initially expected. That was confirmed by the person interviewing me.

It was mostly behavioral questions. A time when you encountered a problem. A time when you worked with or lead a team successfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter via email, who asked me to apply for an opening for SM in the area. I went online, applied, and then proceeded to take an online skills assessment. The test took an hour, and was interactive and informative about the Starbucks culture. I was contacted by the recruiter, who offered me an interview at a Recruiting event the following week.

I interviewed with one District Manager, and then I did a panel interview with two other DM's.These interviews were behavioral in nature, and I was experienced in handling the questions / scenarios. Everyone I met was extremely enthusiastic, genuine, caring, and supportive of the Starbucks culture. The interviews took about 1.5 hours. I was told that they would let me know the following week.

Two days later, I was contacted via email to submit information for a background check. I was contacted by the recruiter three days later and offered a position the following day. The recruiter did a great job explaining the benefits of being a Starbucks partner and provided a compelling case for an Assistant Store Manager position. Although this was not the position I interviewed for, I felt like it would provide me with ample training to learn about the company from within. They are very interested in upward mobility, and I can appreciate that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to balance the needs of your direct reports and customers.   View Answer
    Salary and Benefits. Research these beforehand to ensure you can effectively negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2010.

I applied online which consisted of taking a personality test and situational skills test including a math test involving P and L statement. I was contacted via emaiI 10 days later by a recruiter who wanted me to come to an invite only hiring event. The event was 10 days later. I interviewed with a district manager for about 20 minutes. Then I was passed to a team of two district managers and the interview lasted probably 45 minutes. While the questions were read to me off of a script (this is common, insures that all candidates are treated fairly) they weren't that tough, and were situational. I found myself expanding their questions and my answers, and asking them lots of questions. They were friendly. But I knew they were tired and had been doing this all day. I had to ask what the next step would be. They said I would hear from the recruiter in a few days. Four days later I got a call from another district manager who wanted to interview me the next week. The district manager interviewed me in a Starbucks store. Loud and crowded. We chatted for an hour. Again, situational questions. Interview went well until the end. I had read from other reviews what the job entailed, but wanted to confirm in person. So I asked. "The job entails 4 days of being a barista, and one day of admin work." was the answer. I must have blinked my disappointment. Through the course of the interview I found out that all decisions were made by corporate and basically by the end realized the manager position didn't involve much in the way of creativity or decision making. Having come from a management background for a larger retailer, I was surprised that the lack of responsibility assigned to a store manager was so well paid. I have never managed from an office so being on the floor the entire time is nothing new. Guess I was just turned off by what I perceived to be a job with little freedom and no real vehicle to use my skills. I was told after the interview that I would hear back from the recruiter by the end of the week. 9 days later I got the call that I did not get the position. But they really appreciated all of my experience. So I would say that they are looking for someone who has less experience and who is more easily lead. Nothing wrong with that. In fact a great step on the road to management. Good Luck!
    Entire process: 37 days

Interview Questions

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!