Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2014.

The process was quite easy, however, it was a little lengthy. What really helped me was networking. I was able to connect with the District Manager that ended up hiring me on LinkedIn. We then were able to meet face-to-face at a career fair and by the time I interviewed I felt as if I were interviewing with a peer. The Starbucks team is very approachable, in my experience, and I was also able to sit down with a couple of other store managers and pick their brains and even do a mock interview with one.

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about a time that you took steps to improve a customer service issue."   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Very quick process and they communicate well. In my experience most companies take a month or more to communicate anything to you. I put in my application and received an e-mail to take the assessment within 2 days. Once I completed that, which was very unique and interesting, I received an e-mail from someone about scheduling a phone interview within another 2 days. I am very impressed so far and can't wait for my interview.

Interview Questions
    • When I took the assessment I expected it to be just another basic one that involved a series of questions with strongly agree to strongly disagree as the answers. This one was interactive and included and bunch of open ended questions where you had to come up with unique ways to drive traffic into the store if you had one and what you would do to bring in more partners if some were being promoted or transferring.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

first is a phone interview with HR. This will just be basic questions about your experience and what you are looking for in a job. Then is a in person interview with two district managers. they will ask more in depth questions about your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received unsolicited feedback about your performance.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

For management positions usually require 3 to 4 interviews, all behavioral based questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

First step was an incredibly indepth interactive screening and assessment process, where candidates are given scenarios in which their reactions are elicited. There are P&L exercises that if without any prior knowledge or experience going in, you will be challenged - this portion was also timed. Next was a 45 minute phone interview with a company recruiter (who was late to the call). Interview heavily predicated on past experience and detailed questions regarding P&L. No questions asked regarding specific training or scenarios or skill set beyond P&L. Zero discussion of culture. Recruiter intimated that internal competition for available position was fierce and that outside candidates are more often than not, relegated to a lesser role in favor of internal hires, and that candidates had to be flexible in that regard. From there she proceeded to badger and lowball me on salary. Basically the recruiter did her best to talk me out of the position, and with that, I declined to finish the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "If you arent able to master our business within 8 weeks of training, will you consider and assistant position?"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

make sure there are two people present. Sometimes perception is mistaken.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to lead a team to success   Answer Question
    experience. No compensation for driving distance

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview process took a while - I think I had 4 interviews before it was all said and done. 2 face to face, and 2 over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult, but were all experientially-based. (situation, action, result, and interesting fact/comment/etc.)   Answer Question
    Quite simple, as they offered me more than I wanted!

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Tell me about a time that you saw an employee do something against policy and how did you handle it?
    Talk to me about a P&L? What is your experience with it?
    How do you handle an overly aggressive customer?

Interview Questions
    • None. If your a manager by trade you will be able to answer the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted in less than 24 hours by a recruiter who asked basic pre screening questions such as pay and work experience. She asked me to go online and take the "virtual job try out" which is actually pretty neat. It does take about an hour. It puts the manager in different situations such as managing and coaching employees, managing customer complaints and managing financials and PnL. It's pretty easy if you have some prior restaurant experience. Upon completion She emailed me the following day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same recruiter and was a pretty easy process and only 30 minutes long. She said she wanted to reach out and get some internal references as I had previously worked for the company as an hourly employee in college 8 years prior. The following day she scheduled an in person interview with a district manager at a Starbucks location close to my house. This was another easy interview. He asked similar question to what the recruiter had asked me in my phone interview. I submitted a background check but no drug test.

When we discussed my salary which at the time was 60K. I knew that was well above average for the position and told him I was willing and open to discuss anything. He told me very frankly that $60K was out of their range. They would love to have me but that I needed to really consider what I could afford to accept. That was disappointing to hear as I expected the offer to be significantly less than what I wanted to settle for. The same day the recruiter called me to submit my background. The next day she called with an offer. She offered me the max salary for the position which was $56.5K. According to their policy if your salary is maxed out at your position they will still give you a full merit increase in the form of a bonus. I gladly accepted.

Store Manager Interview

I was hired internally, from my former position as an assistant store manager. The company is looking for people who are excited, energetic, and passionate. The applicant should have a passion for the company, its customers, and store partners.

Interview Questions
    Yes. I had an upper hand because they needed a manager and I was open to moving to a store that had a negative history. I also had friends who told me what I should expect to get paid.