Starbucks Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.9

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on their website. I was emailed a virtual job tryout. I guess I answered in line with their beliefs because I received an email for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement change into your organization?   Answer Question
  • Why are you looking for a new position?   Answer Question
  • How many people have you managed in the past?   Answer Question
  • Do you hire and recruit at your current position and how do you go about finding a diverse pool of people?   Answer Question

Could no negotiate a salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Starbucks uses Time Limites Assignments. Very prolonged interview of 6 months where you are placed in a role prior to a promotion. This is the standard way people get promoted to a new role. The part of this that I did not like was you did the job for an extended period without being paid for the level you were working at.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Recruiter for the area you live in (in my case Los Angeles) sent these 2 links via e-mail:
    -Phone interview scheduling calendar (Schedule date and time you're available)
    -Virtual Job Tryout (1 hour long, have calculator if needed (basic math) for P&L statement
    I had 2 phone interviews the first wanted to know:
    -About you, any accomplishments, Why you want to work at Starbucks and what you know about the company
    Second interview: (have questions ready! He asked me twice if I had any questions for him)
    -STAR questions
    1.) Give a specific example of a customer confrontation. What did you do to handle the situation, and what was the end result.
    2.) Tell me about a time you had a partner or team member that had a performance issue. What was the situation and what did you achieve?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a financial accomplishment, be specific, and what strategic steps did you take to achieve this goal.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Can be lengthy. It started with the online application and if they are interested you will be asked to complete a virtual job tryout. If you pass that you move onto a phone interview. The next step is an in person interview with 2 dm's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Might be a little room but not much. They are really competitive and realistic. They will probably ask you expectations in phone and in person interview. They will tell you then if that is in their range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Tacoma, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was quite easy, however, it was a little lengthy. What really helped me was networking. I was able to connect with the District Manager that ended up hiring me on LinkedIn. We then were able to meet face-to-face at a career fair and by the time I interviewed I felt as if I were interviewing with a peer. The Starbucks team is very approachable, in my experience, and I was also able to sit down with a couple of other store managers and pick their brains and even do a mock interview with one.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time that you took steps to improve a customer service issue."   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

Interview

Very quick process and they communicate well. In my experience most companies take a month or more to communicate anything to you. I put in my application and received an e-mail to take the assessment within 2 days. Once I completed that, which was very unique and interesting, I received an e-mail from someone about scheduling a phone interview within another 2 days. I am very impressed so far and can't wait for my interview.

Interview Questions

• When I took the assessment I expected it to be just another basic one that involved a series of questions with strongly agree to strongly disagree as the answers. This one was interactive and included and bunch of open ended questions where you had to come up with unique ways to drive traffic into the store if you had one and what you would do to bring in more partners if some were being promoted or transferring.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

first is a phone interview with HR. This will just be basic questions about your experience and what you are looking for in a job. Then is a in person interview with two district managers. they will ask more in depth questions about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received unsolicited feedback about your performance.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

For management positions usually require 3 to 4 interviews, all behavioral based questions

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

First step was an incredibly indepth interactive screening and assessment process, where candidates are given scenarios in which their reactions are elicited. There are P&L exercises that if without any prior knowledge or experience going in, you will be challenged - this portion was also timed. Next was a 45 minute phone interview with a company recruiter (who was late to the call). Interview heavily predicated on past experience and detailed questions regarding P&L. No questions asked regarding specific training or scenarios or skill set beyond P&L. Zero discussion of culture. Recruiter intimated that internal competition for available position was fierce and that outside candidates are more often than not, relegated to a lesser role in favor of internal hires, and that candidates had to be flexible in that regard. From there she proceeded to badger and lowball me on salary. Basically the recruiter did her best to talk me out of the position, and with that, I declined to finish the interview.

Interview Questions

• "If you arent able to master our business within 8 weeks of training, will you consider and assistant position?"   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

make sure there are two people present. Sometimes perception is mistaken.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to lead a team to success   Answer Question

Negotiation

experience. No compensation for driving distance