Starbucks

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.9

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in November 2013.

Was emailed by recruiter to apply for the position. Pretty quick process , lees than 2 weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for Starbucks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Progressive interviewing process at Starbucks. You can have between 3 and 4 interviews, all ranging from other Store Managers, to District Managers up to the Regional Manager. You may even have a panel interview. The questions asked are mostly scenario focusing on behavioral and situational responses. Being able to give examples as to what approach you may have taken in the scenario, how responsive you were with your actions and then being able to give an example as to the results of your actions. There are a minimum of FIVE areas they ask you questions in regards to, ranging from leadership, development, working with others, customers and attaining results.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal, which would you be and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

There was a telephone interview that was very structured and the in person interview was very laid back. They ask questions wanting you to give actionable examples of your experience. It was nothing too out of the ordinary. The biggest thing my interviewers kept focusing on was treating team members as people and having a humble approach to service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

The interview day saw more applicants than the interviewing managers initially expected. That was confirmed by the person interviewing me.

It was mostly behavioral questions. A time when you encountered a problem. A time when you worked with or lead a team successfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

Was initially required to take on in depth management assessment regarding skills and capabilities. It focused on customer service skills, coaching behaviors in random scenarios, and p&l management exercises. After passing the assessment I was contacted by the regional recruiter for the company and conducted a phone interview. Following the phone screening I was interviewed a second time in person by two district managers and then had a final interview with the area director.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a 30-60-90 day action plan for an underperforming location and how you would gauge the effectiveness of your progress?   View Answer
    They asked what I was looking for and I told them my desired salary range. They called me back the next day and made an offer within the midpoint of that range. Smooth sailing. Good people that care about your success and wellbeing.

Store Manager Interview

all questions will be behavioral based, and will begin with " tell me about a time when…" give a thorough example explaining the situation, the task at hand, the action you took, and the result. STAR= Situation Task Action Result- almost all retail interviews look for an answer that hits all 4 metrics.

Interview Questions
    DMs do not expect you to negotiate, especially if you were promoted internally. When I was promoted from asst to store manager I rejected the offer and negotiated for a higher salary and was told afterwards by my dm that I was the first person to negotiate in his 6 years with the company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Hiring and interview process is great but once you hit the training there is no body en charge to train you and all is about the DM likes you or not. Need very cultural and business paradigm shift. They may have 21000 stores today but no guarantee for tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Expired foods are encouraed to be sold after two days (breakfast sandwichs, ice coffee are very expired more than ten hours, cleanliness is is a concern for two times a year till they pass a QASA assesments ... etc   Answer Question
    nothing to this company

Store Manager Interview

two-three interviews by recruiters followed by District Managers. Asked situational questions, looking for thoughful, analytical answers. derived from past experience. Must have experience leading in an self driven environment and fast paced environment. They may start with a coffee tasting to emphisize the coffee culture so its important to know the background.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain why and how the profit and loss statement can be a powerful tool for assessing the business and what can cause inaccurate information in the report.   Answer Question
    depends on experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starbucks.

Great process very quick and efficient. No waiting was offered the job within a week of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you have done differently in your career aspirations?   Answer Question
    none

Store Manager Interview

Applied Online. Took the test. About 6 weeks later I received an email that they were not interested. Don't know if this means that I didn't do well on the test, or did they hire someone, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Never had an actual interview. But I did find that the P/L questions where difficult in that I took the test on my laptop (which I had taken on a desk top with larger monitior)....   Answer Question