Starbucks Interview Questions in Tennessee

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.4

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN).

Interview

They like to make the interview about your personality and try to see how bubbly and smiley you can be. If you are not a normally happy or talkative person, this job isn't for you.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Typical read off paper interview. She seemed cool at first and new to her job but i cooperated because i needed another job. I was waiting for about 15 minuted inside the store until she finally came from the back. I was in small heels but my feet started to hurt and i was getting upset that she had me waiting that long.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Clarksville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Stay persistent! Had to go by and meet with the manager a few times to get to the actual interview process. It was a one time 45 minute interview where we each drank a cup of coffee and talked about prior work experience and why you would want to work in coffee. Very laid back!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who got their coffee and then turned around and complained at you that it was made wrong, even if you did not make it yourself.   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Two face-to-face interviews with two different store managers about a week apart. The STAR interview method is used. The first interview lasted about an hour. The second lasted about 30 minutes. It took approximately two more weeks to receive confirmation of my employment.

Interview Questions

• The interview is not difficult. The STAR interview method was used in both of my interviews. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a substantial increase. The negotiation only took one phone call and the response was within hours.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Brentwood, TN).

Interview

Initially walked in for application, but was told it was online. Online application takes about an hour, which has a multiple choice questionnaire platform. Did not receive call until about 2 weeks later. I was told to come in, and i had an interview with the assistant manager. After that interview i was called in again for another interview with the manager. He talked about my previous employment and what i learned from them that would benefit me here. He talked about the culture of starbucks, and ask various questions which i would say were typical of any interview. about

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you made a big mistake, and what did you do to correct it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was set, and benefits were mentioned. Didn't feel like there was wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Johnson City, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Came in and was hired. they were very nice throughout the process and gave me a job in the end which opened many doors. Although I am not working there now I really loved working for Starbucks

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Knoxville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

Very casual. Seemed to be a standard interview process. It was more focused on making sure your a good fit for the culture and the team. They want to make sure you will be successful before your hired. Another great perk is some times the interviewer will get you a free drink, so be prepared to get your favorite.

Interview Questions

• Who do I think Starbucks is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was great! The manager got us both a cup of coffee and we chatted about the company and how I would/could fit in to the mission of Starbucks. I felt very comfortable and invited into their world.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2010.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with a recruiter. Very detailed, especially about what I was seeking and why I was leaving my then-current management job. Only one in person interview, with two District Managers. Very friendly, informative. A lot of focus on how I developed relationships with customers and with community groups. Good interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They focused quite a bit on the social aspect of the job and on community outreach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I received the salary I asked for.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Nashville, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied as a walk-in to a local Starbucks - submitted my application - and was called by the Store Manager for an interview the very next day. After my first one on one interview with a Store Manager, I was called back for a second one on one interview, with an additional Store Manager (of another store). Within the week - I was called back - to be informed that I was hired. I will be starting with them right away.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most recent time that I was late to work: what I did to help the situation, and what I learned from it?   Answer Question
    • What would my best friend say is their favorite, AND least favorite thing about me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting date. As I am marrying and relocating - they were extremely supportive and flexible with me as to starting after my honeymoon. I was impressed with this level of corporate flexibility.