Starbucks

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2013.

Stay persistent! Had to go by and meet with the manager a few times to get to the actual interview process. It was a one time 45 minute interview where we each drank a cup of coffee and talked about prior work experience and why you would want to work in coffee. Very laid back!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer who got their coffee and then turned around and complained at you that it was made wrong, even if you did not make it yourself.   View Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

Two face-to-face interviews with two different store managers about a week apart. The STAR interview method is used. The first interview lasted about an hour. The second lasted about 30 minutes. It took approximately two more weeks to receive confirmation of my employment.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is not difficult. The STAR interview method was used in both of my interviews. Be prepared to elaborate on your answers.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a substantial increase. The negotiation only took one phone call and the response was within hours.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Initially walked in for application, but was told it was online. Online application takes about an hour, which has a multiple choice questionnaire platform. Did not receive call until about 2 weeks later. I was told to come in, and i had an interview with the assistant manager. After that interview i was called in again for another interview with the manager. He talked about my previous employment and what i learned from them that would benefit me here. He talked about the culture of starbucks, and ask various questions which i would say were typical of any interview. about

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you made a big mistake, and what did you do to correct it.   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was set, and benefits were mentioned. Didn't feel like there was wiggle room.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

I had several phone interviews with a recruiter. Very detailed, especially about what I was seeking and why I was leaving my then-current management job. Only one in person interview, with two District Managers. Very friendly, informative. A lot of focus on how I developed relationships with customers and with community groups. Good interview process overall.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They focused quite a bit on the social aspect of the job and on community outreach.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I received the salary I asked for.

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2009.

I applied as a walk-in to a local Starbucks - submitted my application - and was called by the Store Manager for an interview the very next day. After my first one on one interview with a Store Manager, I was called back for a second one on one interview, with an additional Store Manager (of another store). Within the week - I was called back - to be informed that I was hired. I will be starting with them right away.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most recent time that I was late to work: what I did to help the situation, and what I learned from it?   Answer Question
    • What would my best friend say is their favorite, AND least favorite thing about me?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting date. As I am marrying and relocating - they were extremely supportive and flexible with me as to starting after my honeymoon. I was impressed with this level of corporate flexibility.