Starbucks

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2014.

Interview Details – Well I walked in, was told to sit down. Waited for forever till the manager came out. He had a sloppy notebook with a bunch of notes in it. The whole time he asked me questions I came back with very informed answers. I had researched a lot, and went in with a great and personable attitude, expecting great things. As I talked to him, I noticed him looking away a LOT. Looking around the store, very ADD like. It was annoying. I ended up leaving not even wanting the job. Shook his hand and never went back. He was extremely rude and had an attitude when he did speak.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted in less than 24 hours by a recruiter who asked basic pre screening questions such as pay and work experience. She asked me to go online and take the "virtual job try out" which is actually pretty neat. It does take about an hour. It puts the manager in different situations such as managing and coaching employees, managing customer complaints and managing financials and PnL. It's pretty easy if you have some prior restaurant experience. Upon completion She emailed me the following day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same recruiter and was a pretty easy process and only 30 minutes long. She said she wanted to reach out and get some internal references as I had previously worked for the company as an hourly employee in college 8 years prior. The following day she scheduled an in person interview with a district manager at a Starbucks location close to my house. This was another easy interview. He asked similar question to what the recruiter had asked me in my phone interview. I submitted a background check but no drug test.

Negotiation Details – When we discussed my salary which at the time was 60K. I knew that was well above average for the position and told him I was willing and open to discuss anything. He told me very frankly that $60K was out of their range. They would love to have me but that I needed to really consider what I could afford to accept. That was disappointing to hear as I expected the offer to be significantly less than what I wanted to settle for. The same day the recruiter called me to submit my background. The next day she called with an offer. She offered me the max salary for the position which was $56.5K. According to their policy if your salary is maxed out at your position they will still give you a full merit increase in the form of a bonus. I gladly accepted.

Longview, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty relaxed...I wore flip-flops, white skirt, and a white shirt. Darius had originally interviewed me, but my manager later changed to Stephanie. Darius showed me how everything worked, just basics about Starbucks drinks/food/policies. After I got the job the training did take a while but it was pretty easy to catch on to.

Interview Question – I actually can't remember a difficult question, since I love Starbucks to begin with all I had to do was answer everything honestly. For example the "why do you want to work here" question was a simple answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The wasn't a negotiation as the pay rate was discussed at the interview. A few days later I received a phone call saying that I got the job. I did get a raise of .25 after 6 months.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very conversational. The longer the interviewer the better. The interviewer did not ask a billion questions, they just want to get to know WHO you are. They do offer you a coffee. Always accept, but do not make it to complicated. If you do not like coffee or have never tried it, ask for a blonde roast or a caramel machiatto.

Interview Question – Why Starbucks?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None available.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Bedford, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process for this position was not a traditional process since most of the time the promotions are in house. The hardest part is finding a manage who will help you succeed and get promoted up. You will have to give examples from in store experience and leadership skills.

Interview Question – why should you be given a store to manage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negation.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty simple. You meet with the store manager and they just talk with you about previous employers, ask you job related questions and of course ask why you want to work for their company. They will also talk to you about availability and what you look to earn from working at Starbucks.

Interview Question – Question that I was asked were: Where do you see yourself in a year? Where do you see yourself in five years? What are you looking to gain from employment at starbucks? Why do you want to work for starbucks? and other questions may be asked depending on previous expericence such as how well you solve problems and deal with stress.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – Applied online to several Starbucks within a certain area, got a call from my first choice a couple days later. Came in for an interview the next day, dressed nice but casual. Staff and manager were very friendly and informal, they offered me a free drink and we just had the interview at a table in the corner. Questions were to be expected - what I hope to gain from working at Starbucks, past experience with customer service, give an example of a time I had to deal with an unhappy customer/conflict, etc. This was my first real customer service-oriented job so some questions did not apply all that well to me, but I did my best to talk about another experience that seemed relevant (like conflict resolution in a group project at school) and the manager was fine with this. I had applied for a part time summer job, and was offered on the spot after the interview.

Interview Question – What is a time when you received unexpected criticism, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got there 20 minutes before the time I was asked to come for. Wore a dress for the interview and was offered a drink.
Accept the drink, don't be rude.
The manager came 15 minutes later, interview questions we're easy. Mostly personal. The manager went in and directly offered a job and asked about what days I was available and what not. I told her and everything went smoothly. She wanted a long term employee and frankly I cannot provide that so I mentioned it and boom! There went my job offer. Waste of time but oh well.
Lesson learned.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Starbucks   View Answer

Laredo, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2013.

Interview Details – it was easy they are very outgoing and flexible. There were two interview to go and a background check not big deal. If you didn't kill anyone you good to go

Negotiation Details – there is not negotiation phase

Selma, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. I had a friend who was a shift supervisor at that location, so she put in a good recommendation for me and had the manager look out for my application. Was called for an interview the next day. Even thought I had a college degree, I only got the job because of my friend's recommendation, because I did not have any "restaurant experience."

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, and explain how you came to your decision and why you chose that decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!